Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 10:35:41 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  The Dead Chicago July 3,4,5 2015 50th Anniversary
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: The Dead Chicago July 3,4,5 2015 50th Anniversary  (Read 67120 times)
Dean
Small Member

Festivation rating 20

URL icon « Reply #15 on: January 27, 2015, 04:53:53 PM »

I can't get excited about the Chicago show. Unlike reviving Tinkerbell, no amount of believing will make this a Grateful Dead performance.That aside, I'd think being the 50th all living members of the band should participate. Failing to include Tom and Donna? Seriously?

No. I've seen my last Grateful Dead show, in June 1995, and the Grateful Dead ceased to exist the following August.

I guess you can just call me Hitler:  http://youtu.be/FTBZuulCoPo

Now Playing icon Listening to: Handa Wanda. Big Chief Bo Dollis and the Wild Magnolias.
IP address Logged

"There are a number of mechanical devices which increase sexual arousal, particularly in women. Chief among these is the Mercedes-Benz 380SL convertible." -- P. J. O'Rourke
IMHBTR
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #16 on: January 28, 2015, 10:09:24 AM »

I wish there were more people who thought like you so tix would be easier to come by.
While I'm a completist and would respect the inclusion of Donna and Tom, my ears are thankful
for DG's absence. Evil

Now Playing icon Listening to: GD-Saint of Circumstance->Drums-12/30/91 Airto wailing!!!
IP address Logged
fivetornadoes
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #17 on: January 28, 2015, 05:54:08 PM »

holy shit thatssa lotta people who sent in mail order requests. i'm totally screwed unless they "remember me" from the old days and/or maybe the alpine valley reunion shows.

dean...i know u gave up. i get it but don't agree
dso currently doing it right. imo
don't you miss that live music? especially those great songs being played with other freaks around?
just curious.

love this link. "bob weir" of dso saving the betty boards

http://www.relix.com/articles/detail/whats_become_of_the_bettys
IP address Logged
Dean
Small Member

Festivation rating 20

URL icon « Reply #18 on: January 28, 2015, 07:09:25 PM »

"Give up" seems an odd phrase. My point is without Jerry there is no Grateful Dead. The survivors can do whatever they want, and have, but to call themselves the Grateful Dead strikes me more as a marketing ploy than an actual resurrection (to use the creepy but correct term) of the greatest touring band in the history of music.

Now Playing icon Listening to: Anders Osborn, private party 12/12/14
IP address Logged

"There are a number of mechanical devices which increase sexual arousal, particularly in women. Chief among these is the Mercedes-Benz 380SL convertible." -- P. J. O'Rourke
IMHBTR
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #19 on: January 28, 2015, 08:02:04 PM »

Dean- I've always found your point an interesting topic. It seems people are selective about
when  a band should drop their name based on who leaves/dies.
Neil Peart wasn't Rush original drummer. Seems the name stuck.
Pigpen, Keith and Brent all passed and they went on as the Grateful Dead for many productive years.
Didn't see a lot people boycotting shows.
Moon and Entwistle  passed. Still The Who.
Bonham passed. Still did a show as Led Zep in the 02 arena.
I realize JG was an integral part of the band but he sang 1/2 the
Songs. Bobby and Phil don't get to have a say.
I miss JG like you do but your argument Is tough to swallow
The list is endless of examples.
Still fun to debate. cheers

IP address Logged
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

3 chord's and a story that's me

URL icon « Reply #20 on: January 29, 2015, 03:05:27 PM »

I love Chicago, born there, explored that city like Batman in my teens. Would love a reason to visit  I must confess.
 I love music and the entire Dead wave flew past me. I am curious to experience it. I was into a little bit heavier sound.

So is it a band without JG absolutely! Maybe not THE band but at least the few of us that missed out can still explore it as not just a band but a culture and movement.

So I cannot go this time but glad there might be a next.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 03:12:56 PM by landshark » IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
IMHBTR
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #21 on: February 09, 2015, 08:43:13 AM »

Anybody out there survived the cut so far for tickets?
I got my rejection letter on Saturday but I've got two buddies who are still in the running. Thumbs Up
IP address Logged
fivetornadoes
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #22 on: February 09, 2015, 10:36:22 AM »

Anybody out there survived the cut so far for tickets?
I got my rejection letter on Saturday but I've got two buddies who are still in the running. Thumbs Up

no news for me yet. but i'm in canada so it might take a bit longer
what did u put in for? ga floor? all 3 nights?
did they contact you via email or just send you back your money order?

me, not trying too be greedy, i put in 2 for ga saturday ONLY...figured it will be a "miracle" if i win!
sunday i should be able to scoop up somehow and it doesnt matter where i am in the building, except i wont pay $200 a ticket for sure.
IP address Logged
IMHBTR
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #23 on: February 09, 2015, 10:44:55 AM »

I put in  for 2 for each night, GA 1st choice and Upper 2nd choice.
Had a little cheesy heartbreak when it came back. Kind of like the Town Park rejection notice.
Pink slips have been going out since 1/29 as I read where someone got there's back on that day.
I mention pink slips because the first rejection letters were pink. I guess they realized that was too brutal and switched
to white paper. BTW, if I can't get in paying face for mail order or ticket bastard, then it wasn't meant to be for me.
Still hope though. Good luck.
IP address Logged
mountainjam
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #24 on: February 09, 2015, 12:01:24 PM »

Posted by: fivetornadoes
me, not trying too be greedy, i put in 2 for ga saturday ONLY...figured it will be a "miracle" if i win!
sunday i should be able to scoop up somehow and it doesnt matter where i am in the building, except i wont pay $200 a ticket for sure.

From what I've been reading people are thinking that Sunday is going to be the hardest ticket since it will be the "last show". Somewhat similar to the Allman Brothers last show at the Beacon this past year, which was a very difficult and expensive ticket. But who knows, that's just online speculation.

I do think however if one doesn't get face value tickets through the mail order then it's going to be a rough go. The Ticketmaster onsale will be nearly impossible and the secondary market prices are going to be very high. Right now you can get a lower section ticket on Stubhub for the low price of only about $1,000 per night! Obviously that will change after the Ticketmaster onsale but I do think prices will remain steep. I'm still hopeful to make the trip happen but it's not a slam dunk like I thought it was when the announcement was first made. 
IP address Logged
IMHBTR
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #25 on: February 09, 2015, 12:36:12 PM »

I'm still puzzled by how stub hub has any tickets since as far as I know there have been no tix sent to anyone.
I know you can pay a gazillion dollars and by a package deal but that hasn't been sent to anyone either. Please
shed light if you know how you can sell an actual seat with no tickets. BTW, those prices are some of the most over-inflated
nonsense I've ever seen on Sucker Hub.

Now Playing icon Listening to: Curtis Harding-Soul Power
IP address Logged
mountainjam
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #26 on: February 09, 2015, 01:35:43 PM »

I'm still puzzled by how stub hub has any tickets since as far as I know there have been no tix sent to anyone.
I know you can pay a gazillion dollars and by a package deal but that hasn't been sent to anyone either. Please
shed light if you know how you can sell an actual seat with no tickets. BTW, those prices are some of the most over-inflated
nonsense I've ever seen on Sucker Hub.

You are correct, no tickets have been sent yet. It's ticket brokers setting these ridiculous prices. Here is a pretty good article from ESPN regarding Super Bowl tickets this year...some think something similar could happen with these Dead shows.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/12255886/hundreds-super-bowl-tickets-fall-through

The whole ticket broker/scalper thing really pisses me off. People that have zero intention of attending an event, just making pure profit off of real fans. Scum.
IP address Logged
IMHBTR
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #27 on: February 26, 2015, 09:25:56 AM »

My buddy and I both put in for 2 tix each for all 3 nights. I got pink slipped and he struck gold last night via the GDTS email.
They are going to fill the entire order. Psuruns also struck gold. Anybody else get lucky?

Now Playing icon Listening to: IMHBTR
IP address Logged
Jammy

Festivation rating 0

URL icon « Reply #28 on: February 28, 2015, 04:43:03 PM »

I did not get lucky with any of the options
shut out every time Frown

Now Playing icon Listening to: Jorma's - Aint in no hurry
IP address Logged
fivetornadoes
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #29 on: March 02, 2015, 01:42:02 PM »

my buddy and i still have not seen a rejection letter OR received an email saying we won. so we are in total limbo.

we both put in for 1 pair, for 1 show only...trying not to be greedy....

at this point i don't know what to think but the fact that they revamped the floor to be all ga we might have a shot as that's what we asked for.

walking distance hotel room is booked and we are targeting for saturday and sunday only...my guess is they will have something local set up for the hippies who can't make it in the doors. ie) PPV in a cool local bar would work for one of the nights for me/us.

mountainjam...did you get your tickets?
IP address Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC