Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2024, 01:55:56 PM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  The Dead Chicago July 3,4,5 2015 50th Anniversary
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: The Dead Chicago July 3,4,5 2015 50th Anniversary  (Read 67008 times)
IMHBTR
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #30 on: March 02, 2015, 04:35:08 PM »

My bet is that your order will be filled.
I can't imagine that you would be rejected at this point
Unless there is some mail issue.

I read that 2 million tried for TM on Saturday making it the biggest
TM event ever. I can't stand TM but I did find the #'s to be over the top.

One final run in the VW bus. Cheers
IP address Logged
fivetornadoes
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #31 on: March 02, 2015, 06:05:26 PM »

one money order was cashed feb 27th-so we got a pair ga for sat july 4th=we're in!!
hoping the other money order get's cashed soon but i have my doubts...

buying a ticket(s) for sunday night will be expensive
but it might just have to be done.
IP address Logged
IMHBTR
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #32 on: March 02, 2015, 06:26:50 PM »

Since you got the 4th handled, I would wait close
to game time on Sunday and see what happens. It's your best shot not
To break the bank unless something falls in your lap beforehand.

Glad you got in. I feel extremely lucky. Those were
Some ridiculously tough tickets.

Now Playing icon Listening to: Reuben and Cherise
IP address Logged
mountainjam
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #33 on: March 03, 2015, 09:28:45 AM »

my buddy and i still have not seen a rejection letter OR received an email saying we won. so we are in total limbo.

we both put in for 1 pair, for 1 show only...trying not to be greedy....

at this point i don't know what to think but the fact that they revamped the floor to be all ga we might have a shot as that's what we asked for.

walking distance hotel room is booked and we are targeting for saturday and sunday only...my guess is they will have something local set up for the hippies who can't make it in the doors. ie) PPV in a cool local bar would work for one of the nights for me/us.

mountainjam...did you get your tickets?

one money order was cashed feb 27th-so we got a pair ga for sat july 4th=we're in!!
hoping the other money order get's cashed soon but i have my doubts...

buying a ticket(s) for sunday night will be expensive
but it might just have to be done.

Glad to hear you were able to get tickets for the 4th! I read on another site that if your money order hasn't been cashed at this point that your order will not be filled but hopefully that is not the case. If it turns out you do need to turn to the secondary markets for another night you should definitely wait it out, probably until June. That is when GDTS TOO will actually be mailing out the mail order tickets. Also by then it's likely that a lot of people that are planning on going now may realize they can't make it to Chicago for whatever reason - creating more supply and most likely dropping prices.

As for me I didn't luck out with any tickets. It is disappointing because I have been following these guys (Core Four, post-Jerry) pretty religiously for the past 17 years. I have also been travelling the country following Phish the past several years so seeing Trey in the guitar slot would have been pretty awesome to me. But I have been to Chicago in the summer recently for Phish shows and know it can be a cluster, these shows will be even more so. Lodging anywhere near Soldier Field is crazy expensive, airfare is not looking cheap either and of course I would still need to find tickets for both my wife and I. So likely I will be skipping these shows and taking the $3k-$5k we would have spent in Chicago and travel elsewhere this year.

That said, had I gotten tickets for us for face I would be in Chicago and I'd be super excited about it. So definitely not trying to dump on anyone who is going because it will be a great time! I'll just be tuning in from Denver at one of Shappy's simulcasts. 
IP address Logged
fivetornadoes
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #34 on: March 03, 2015, 10:37:29 AM »

sorry to hear that mountainjam. ugh

like imhbtr said it was a ridiculously tough ticket to get. i was lucky but maybe they also remembered my name and also noticed i own both spring 1990 box sets etc etc lol

i went to the reunion shows in 2002 at alpine(gdtstoo) and tickets weren't that scarce(although they only guaranteed you 1 pavilion and lawn for your other submissions.

i suppose the way they have these shows billed didn't help matters

for sure i will hold off on getting my sunday tickets. what is really shocking me right now is the lack of tickets for resale, considering scalpers had to know the demand was massive there is a small # on stubhub compared to how big that stadium is

stubhub...who would be my only option to use(100%trusted/guaranteed )
friday-1440 tickets
sat-1430 tickets
sun-1284 tickets
IP address Logged
mountainjam
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #35 on: March 03, 2015, 11:35:18 AM »

I think there are 2 reasons behind the relatively low number of tickets on stubhub. The #1 reason I believe is because nobody who got mail order tickets knows exactly what tickets they received, so they can't list them for re-sale. Also mail order tickets won't actually be mailed out until June; so more tickets will be posted on places like stubhub once people actually receive their tickets in hand. Reason #2 is speculation but it seems that Ticketmaster didn't sell their full allotment of tickets in the initial onsale. There are large sections of Soldier Field that have zero tickets for sale and some believe there are many tickets still yet to be sold by Ticketmaster. They typically do additional re-sales so I do believe they have extra tickets that are unsold at this point, but exactly how many I have no idea.

Also, although I hate using stubhub I would vouch for them standing behind their tickets. I have bought tickets through them in the past without issue. I had some friends who bought tickets for Widespread Panic at Red Rocks through stubhub and when they got to the gate they were told the tickets were fake. They called stubhub and the phone rep immediately transferred them electronic tickets to get in the show and then also refunded their money. So at least they have that.

And I think you nailed it when you said the way they billed these shows didn't help matters. Putting the name "The Grateful Dead" on this made so many people come out and want to attend these shows. But the reality is that these shows are just a really good Phil & Friends lineup.
IP address Logged
IMHBTR
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #36 on: March 03, 2015, 12:24:06 PM »

MJ-Reason #1-agree
Reason #2- I would be shocked if there are big allotments of tix not spoken for. TM may release
some tix after the stage is configured as they do in all venues for all bands but that is a small #.
I would say the sections you see empty on SH are just mail order allotments not sent yet. GA was not the only ticket you could mail order for.
Have seen P & F multiple times and to call this a P & F show is doing a pretty big disservice to BW, BK and MH. It is what it is, the remaining members of the GD and some guests. I'm sure you will get some awesome D/S, cowboy songs, lazy lightnings, let it grows that only the original 4 can duplicate. Saw P & F a few years back at the Hard Rock in Orlando with a few hundred people( not sold out) and am about to go see the original 4, etc with 70k people. Hardly the same musically or crowd energy. As the old saying goes,
"Ain't nothing like a GD show". I don't think people are that naive about what they are paying to see. JMO.

Now Playing icon Listening to: Looks Like Rain
IP address Logged
mountainjam
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #37 on: March 03, 2015, 01:10:12 PM »

IMHBTR - I just want to assure you I'm not attempting to do a disservice to this band. They are all fantastic musicians and I'm sure these will be great shows, I wish I was going myself. But thinking more about my statement I would 100% stand behind it (this is not the GD). As I mentioned earlier I have followed these guys post-1995 pretty religiously. I have 30+ P&F shows under my belt plus 40+ Ratdog shows (was a big Bob fan in college!), saw The Other Ones in 1998 and 2000, The Dead in 2003 and 2009 and many Furthur shows between 2010 and 2013. I had a fantastic time at each and every one of those shows (especially some of the P&F shows - incredible!) but they all had one thing in common - just like Chicago will - no Jerry. So the statement "Ain't nothing like a GD show" unfortunately doesn't apply, since the last GD show was 7/9/95. But anyway, this all likely doesn't matter, it's just a fun distraction from the work day, enjoy the shows!  Cheers

Now Playing icon Listening to: GD 10/1/76 Indianapolis
IP address Logged
IMHBTR
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #38 on: March 03, 2015, 01:56:20 PM »

First, I enjoy the banter. It's been an enjoyable distraction the last 4 weeks talking about the upcoming shows and remembering old times. We, meaning all the TBF thread, love music or we would not be here.
I plan on enjoying the shows for what they are and reminiscing with good friends that I shared the journey with. One more journey, one more run, one more experience. It's all good MJ. Cheers
IP address Logged
psuruns10
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 1

URL icon « Reply #39 on: March 04, 2015, 09:12:23 AM »

2 million tried doesn't count those of us who were using multiple computes, phones, ipads, etc.  I had 10 different devices going--only to snag two the 7-4.  I have two extra to 7-4 via mail order so I hope to trade for night grass or Friday or Sunday of the dead.
IP address Logged
mountainjam
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #40 on: March 05, 2015, 09:35:29 AM »

This looks awesome. Too far for me to travel for one day but the lineup is crazy good.

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/124245/Dear-Jerry-Concert-To-Celebrate-Music-Of-Jerry-Garcia

Now Playing icon Listening to: Phish Dicks 9/2/12
IP address Logged
Hot Sugar
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

Camp Run a Muck

URL icon « Reply #41 on: March 05, 2015, 10:13:40 AM »

This looks awesome. Too far for me to travel for one day but the lineup is crazy good.

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/124245/Dear-Jerry-Concert-To-Celebrate-Music-Of-Jerry-Garcia

That is an incredible bill! Really cool to see Greensky on the lineup; that's a huge honor for those guys. I love seeing the young guys get the recognition they deserve.
IP address Logged

"That spells clever not cleaver."
Auntie Hope
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #42 on: March 05, 2015, 09:00:15 PM »

That is an incredible bill! Really cool to see Greensky on the lineup; that's a huge honor for those guys. I love seeing the young guys get the recognition they deserve.

100% AGREE, Sugar!!!
IP address Logged

InFleckIt! at Hippo Campus
Hot Sugar
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

Camp Run a Muck

URL icon « Reply #43 on: March 06, 2015, 04:10:12 PM »

I'd actually rather go to the Dear Jerry shows than Fare Thee Well, to be honest. It almost seems more genuine.
IP address Logged

"That spells clever not cleaver."
fivetornadoes
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #44 on: March 07, 2015, 02:39:20 PM »

Good on Greensky for sure!
That Dear Jerry show/concert will make a fine bluray!
Love Move Me Brightly is sweet also.
There is never enough with any line-up. imo
Love the PLQ and what Mickey does!
Jimmy Herring nailed his part for the reunion shows at Alpine Valley 2002
It will be interesting to see Trey try to top that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLM5EYGFeOc
IP address Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC