Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 07, 2024, 08:51:44 PM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  The Dead Chicago July 3,4,5 2015 50th Anniversary
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: The Dead Chicago July 3,4,5 2015 50th Anniversary  (Read 66765 times)
fivetornadoes
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #75 on: May 31, 2015, 12:57:32 PM »

love that version of eyes of the world that gsbg did in that link. ty imhbtr
they better be playing it in t'ride in june.

420...any story that starts with "vince gill, me and"...is a good one!
IP address Logged
fivetornadoes
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #76 on: June 05, 2015, 06:11:24 PM »

got the tickets i needed today during the public sale. it was a tense 30min..
the estimated wait time kept changing/jumping all the time and i got kicked out
more than a few times but i persevered to victory!
i figured trying for a single at a time was the best plan.
got 2 singles for the last show(3 sections apart-upper level 300)
and already have 2 floor tickets for july 4th
can't wait to hear box of rain again
so excited.
IP address Logged
Auntie Hope
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #77 on: June 05, 2015, 09:07:48 PM »

Gladyou scored 5Tor! Congrats!  Medal
IP address Logged

InFleckIt! at Hippo Campus
420Sugaree
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

shake it, shake it, Sugaree

URL icon « Reply #78 on: June 06, 2015, 10:10:50 AM »

Chicago's Fare Thee Well shows will be live-broadcast on Sirius XM Grateful Dead channel.

Now Playing icon Listening to: Turn On Your Lovelight (Fillmore East - 4/27/71)
IP address Logged

Turn on your Lovelight... and leave it ON!
mountainjam
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #79 on: June 10, 2015, 01:20:10 PM »

I'm happy to have the option to listen on Sirius XM for free. The ticket situation continue to be a mess, GDTS over-charging for tickets and giving people tickets in different sections??? At least they are offering refunds.

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/125389/Fare-Thee-Well-Promoters-Address-GDTS-TOO-Ticketholders

Now Playing icon Listening to: GD 6/9/1976 Boston Music Hall
IP address Logged
Hot Sugar
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

Camp Run a Muck

URL icon « Reply #80 on: June 10, 2015, 01:29:25 PM »

I'm happy to have the option to listen on Sirius XM for free. The ticket situation continue to be a mess, GDTS over-charging for tickets and giving people tickets in different sections??? At least they are offering refunds.

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/125389/Fare-Thee-Well-Promoters-Address-GDTS-TOO-Ticketholders

The Top Hat in Missoula is going to be doing the Pay Per View stream for free, so I'll head over there to watch with some friends and enjoy some good beer and food.
IP address Logged

"That spells clever not cleaver."
mountainjam
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #81 on: June 10, 2015, 01:40:23 PM »

Nice, Sugar. That sounds like a fun option! I haven't decided how I'm going to watch/listen yet but if a bar in Denver offered a free stream I would probably check it out. I have Sirius so that is always an option. Or, I may just go backpacking for the weekend and get away from it all.

Post #69 BTW  :) (where is the Beavis emoticon when you need it?)
IP address Logged
zack_adcock
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 421

URL icon « Reply #82 on: June 27, 2015, 09:25:34 PM »

Here's hoping that those vocals sound better in person! The board stream isn't doing them any favors on the webcast.
IP address Logged
mountainjam
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #83 on: July 06, 2015, 12:20:05 PM »

What an awesome run! After enjoying both of the SC shows I decided to order all 3 Chicago shows on PPV. Obviously I missed being at the shows but I have to say the PPV option was pretty sweet. I also listened to the Sirius XM pre-game coverage each day so even though I was at home in Denver most of my weekend was deadicated to Fare Thee Well.

My overall impressions after watching the shows and hearing from some friends who were in Chicago (and SC) is that everything was better than expected. The sound was big. Friends said even in the back of the stadium it was loud. The light show was also awesome. Add in the rainbow in SC and the fireworks in Chicago and you had some pretty special moments.

I thought the band sounded great! Of course they had some flubs but there were more than enough magical moments to make up for those. The big smiles on stage were great to see, particularly lots of smiles (and hugs) from Phil and from Trey. And speaking of my man Trey I have to say he really crushed it this weekend. I think he probably had the most individual pressure of anyone (being in the Jerry role and being a "controversial" pick). But he showed what a true professional - and gifted musician - he is and stepped up in front of 70,000+ people each night and killed it. Way to go Trey, so happy for you!

So I give kudos to all involved. Peter Shapiro caught lots of flack (including from me) but he showed that he can put on a hell of an event. I read this morning the shows raised over $750,000 for GD-related charities, and a lot of that was set-up by Shapiro. And of course the band and the fans were awesome, including super-fan Bill Walton, that dude rocks! I look forward to hearing what the future holds for the boys and I know they will all still be playing this incredible music for as long as they can. “Let there be songs to fill the air”.

Now Playing icon Listening to: Fare Thee Well 7/3/15
IP address Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC