Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 10:42:10 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  odd sound
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: odd sound  (Read 80404 times)
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

3 chord's and a story that's me

URL icon « Reply #60 on: April 03, 2010, 07:28:47 AM »

festi love

with each breath and familiar sound
I am love
with each song and rain drop
I am love
With each smile and dance
I am love
I hear you I see you
my sister my brother
we are love.
IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
annpete
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #61 on: April 03, 2010, 10:32:02 AM »

Niiice!
 Thumbs Up
IP address Logged
bouzouki
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 421

URL icon « Reply #62 on: May 23, 2010, 11:35:54 AM »

Over 2 and 1/2 years ago, i lost my hearing in my left ear.  It was replaced by a constant ring, which made me crazy, not that I needed an excuse to be crazy.  Three days ago, I became part cyborg, with an electronic ear.  I can hear again, but I have to test my hearing in different circumstances, like, how to avoid the wind, because wind makes it sound like I'm dragging a log through a gravel pile. 
Digital sound is something we are used to.  I can get it direct, if I can buy all the parts, and have an ipod go directly to my head, or a bluetooth, not that I have either, yet.  But this is a fragile thing.  If it is too cold,it won't work right.  and If  I go swimming, it won't work at all.
It is a wonderful addition, but I will have to clip it to my ear so I won't lose it.

Now Playing icon Listening to: The sound my head makes on the back of my chair
IP address Logged
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #63 on: May 23, 2010, 04:22:38 PM »

Over 2 and 1/2 years ago, i lost my hearing in my left ear.  It was replaced by a constant ring, which made me crazy, not that I needed an excuse to be crazy.  Three days ago, I became part cyborg, with an electronic ear.  I can hear again, but I have to test my hearing in different circumstances, like, how to avoid the wind, because wind makes it sound like I'm dragging a log through a gravel pile. 
Digital sound is something we are used to.  I can get it direct, if I can buy all the parts, and have an ipod go directly to my head, or a bluetooth, not that I have either, yet.  But this is a fragile thing.  If it is too cold,it won't work right.  and If  I go swimming, it won't work at all.
It is a wonderful addition, but I will have to clip it to my ear so I won't lose it.

Great Dan! How you feel good.. so how many stations can you pick up Flower

So no rain , river or sqirtgun . They have summer beanies...
IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
bouzouki
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 421

URL icon « Reply #64 on: May 25, 2010, 08:13:46 PM »

I have a built in excuse for hearing things that nobody else can hear, plus, some of it will be real.  I can make myself into a feedback loop as bad as anything you have heard from a band onstage, and it is all my own, although there are times that other people can hear the sound of a hearing aid whistle, yea, I reached the stage of life where I can turn off what I don't want to hear, just like a teenager.

Now Playing icon Listening to: my cat complain about the computer
IP address Logged
TellurideTom
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 426

URL icon « Reply #65 on: May 25, 2010, 10:30:19 PM »

I have a built in excuse for hearing things that nobody else can hear, plus, some of it will be real.  I can make myself into a feedback loop as bad as anything you have heard from a band onstage, and it is all my own, although there are times that other people can hear the sound of a hearing aid whistle, yea, I reached the stage of life where I can turn off what I don't want to hear, just like a teenager.

Oh, it's not just a teenager that can turn off what they don't want to hear. Wink
I've been married before, I know. LOL
IP address Logged

Happy Trails....Wave

You can check out my Domain site or follow me on Facebook
bouzouki
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 421

URL icon « Reply #66 on: June 14, 2010, 03:53:36 PM »

Thanks Mayor!
I doubt if you can hear me now, but I am thinking of all of you in TP.  Was it cold over the weekend?
The sun came out, maybe to stay until the last note fades away and I'll been sitting there near the same place where you saw my face the last time round.
The clouds still linger and there is a breeze, all that pollen and I sneeze, filling up my empty truck with stuff I need and lots of luck to join that joyful sound.
IP address Logged
Dewstar
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Come One, Come All, Its FESTIVATION Time!

URL icon « Reply #67 on: June 22, 2010, 08:46:02 AM »

My friend Alex describing the birds flying over his tent early in the morning chanting

AL!            AL!                      AL!
IP address Logged

Dewstar PHX Running for Mayor of Warner Field!
bouzouki
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 421

URL icon « Reply #68 on: June 22, 2010, 08:54:10 AM »

I think the birds love the festival, they talk about it every morning.  The ravens are very interested in what goes on and talk about it.  When the monks were on stage, a raven was on the top of the speakers.  Two ravens watched the monks pour the mandala sand in the river. 

IP address Logged
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #69 on: June 22, 2010, 09:33:03 AM »

I think the birds love the festival, they talk about it every morning.  The ravens are very interested in what goes on and talk about it.  When the monks were on stage, a raven was on the top of the speakers.  Two ravens watched the monks pour the mandala sand in the river. 

Tried to find ya Dan..... Flower
IP address Logged

bouzouki
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 421

URL icon « Reply #70 on: June 22, 2010, 06:34:04 PM »

Well Landshark, I seemed to be mostly invisible... but we will meet again.  I think the Odd Sound slips in and out, but is always ready to meet you halfway.  I have to find a way to be able to tune my ear, imagine that, ear tuning.  i will be at Folks, looking for a Sunday like TBF. 
I had a wonderful time, even though my experience has been different recently.  One of the Monks opened me to the idea of the Mandala as an image of the present, a photograph of the family so to speak.  And I think of Loving Kindness as part of the ethic of reciprocity, give what you get.  I am certain that many of us understand how we give to others and how we receive, even if it is just a smile, or especially if it is just a smile. 

Now Playing icon Listening to: Dave Rawlings
IP address Logged
bouzouki
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 421

URL icon « Reply #71 on: July 23, 2010, 06:14:57 AM »

I woke this morning from a dream of driving, sliding on ice and hitting two cars in front of me.  it is strange how dreams have elements of reality but lack certain details.  I woke up and became aware of the din from human activities using motors and vehicles.  the sound of trucks and cars lacks the vivid exchange of guitar strings and high harmonies.  I think of Rocky Grass and the music I am missing.  I hope the music plays the audience, and when I get to Lyons next month, I hope to see smiling faces that I recognize as well as new friends from around the country.  Let the music wash you clean.

Now Playing icon Listening to: birds, a truck, two dogs, and my refrigerator
IP address Logged
bouzouki
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 421

URL icon « Reply #72 on: July 25, 2010, 06:07:58 PM »

How did those of you that went to Rocky Grass enjoy it?
IP address Logged
bouzouki
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 421

URL icon « Reply #73 on: August 11, 2010, 08:46:32 AM »

Road trips and music seem to take me places... odd, isn't it?  Last week, I listened to older rock and roll, folk, and jazz.  This week will be stuff that I have from Folks Fest performers that I might want to help refresh my listening skills.  New and old music fill me up, make me think about things in a different way and get me excited.  i could only pack albums (cds) with Richard Thompson playing and drive to the edge of the earth.  There are performers that I have never heard, so they will require special attention.  If I like them, I may be listening to them as I drive home.  I like hearing music that moves me as I drive.
IP address Logged
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #74 on: August 11, 2010, 09:25:11 AM »

Wave Bela Fleck- Drive one of my favs to roadtrip by.
IP address Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC