Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 07, 2024, 08:51:05 PM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  odd sound
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: odd sound  (Read 79932 times)
bouzouki
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 421

URL icon « Reply #105 on: March 22, 2011, 08:23:07 AM »

Having crossed into the next season,
The one that teases us into summer
Reading the weather prediction from the Mayor
And recovering from yesterday's wind blow,
Many of us have seen this in similar circumstance.
Although I lit my fire, I have tilled the garden,
The change is not complete, but it reminds me...
The weather, ranting up to sixty, yesterday
Throwing things about, like an angry drunk,
Trying to make the wind chimes play only one note
By swinging it harder.
The low dull roar receded by nightfall
and I look with anticipation
For the next change of season
IP address Logged
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

3 chord's and a story that's me

URL icon « Reply #106 on: March 27, 2011, 12:55:11 PM »

the slap of a smite in the face of word courage, Bozos.

The wind blowen through yer ears .....and the smile through my words

all odd all sounds.... Flower

IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
bouzouki
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 421

URL icon « Reply #107 on: April 08, 2011, 02:02:56 AM »

I am amazed at the variety of human behaviors, aren't you?
From the depth of stupidity, to the greatest works, we encompass it all.
I happen to be impressed and enjoy a short time each year,
listening to music, meeting friends, again and anew,
Meeting myself as seen through you....
The world is vast, but you rarely see all that exists in your daily travels,
Only when you hear and see what is within your limits,
find that spark in the music, and in the smiles of those around you, and realize THIS is all that is,
The best for the time being.
And if you can tell me something better,
let it be known, for I am ready to hear more,
Not trite, nor limited, but more like the first time I heard this note.....

Now Playing icon Listening to: G note on my Uke.
IP address Logged
bouzouki
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 421

URL icon « Reply #108 on: April 29, 2011, 08:11:43 AM »

I had a dream last night.  At the end I woke up and realized I would be writing here today.

I was in Telluride at the pre-festival concert.  We had a week to go before the festival.  Now, you know how it is with dreamland, it can be the same as our awake experience, or totally different.  In my dream, our campground was above the stage and the seating, on the mountain, and I was concerned about having to carry all our camping gear over a thousand feet up the mountain to camp.  the stage was at the bottom of a sky slope and there were wooden structures built on the mountain side.  Musicians walked around playing music and I watched a steady stream of people carrying gear along a road in the trees up the mountain.

I have to admit, I am overjoyed that I won't be doing that in June.  I think of how many times we have carried our stuff to camp in TP and Warner, and how relieved I am when it is done.  Setting up camp is always the time of becoming part of TBF, to be excited, tired, (already? We have not begun to be tired) and ready for my senses to be fed.

Now Playing icon Listening to: Darrell scott
IP address Logged
bouzouki
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 421

URL icon « Reply #109 on: May 25, 2011, 09:06:52 PM »

I wonder which songs I have heard the most at Telluride.  I think of Peter Rowan's "Midnight Moonlight", or Sam Bush and New Grass, but I have no clear idea of what song of their's or his that I have heard the most.
Perhaps it is a song of Bill Monroe, or maybe a traditional song, song time and again over the years.  What song can you recall hearing more than any other at Telluride?
IP address Logged
Cindy Lou
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #110 on: May 26, 2011, 12:12:14 AM »

from Peter it would have to be Land of the Navajo. I can't recall any more right now; it's too late to think clearly.
IP address Logged

"The most important thing is to find out what is the most important thing. "  (Shunryu Suzuki)
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #111 on: May 26, 2011, 06:26:43 AM »

Same ol river, same ol sea, same ol water washin over me,, Sammy sings this every year and I love it. Makes me cry and it really sinks in like I am finally, really, here in Tride.

Hi Dan, Dan the mystery man Wave
IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
Auntie Hope
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #112 on: May 26, 2011, 01:00:10 PM »

Honestly, I've heard "Friend of the Devil" more times at T'ride than any other tune... EVER!  LOL LOL LOL

Looking forward to hearing it few more times too!  Thumbs Up

Auntie Hope  :festivarian2 :green
IP address Logged

InFleckIt! at Hippo Campus
bouzouki
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 421

URL icon « Reply #113 on: June 10, 2011, 03:47:41 PM »

Honestly, I've heard "Friend of the Devil" more times at T'ride than any other tune... EVER!  LOL LOL LOL

Looking forward to hearing it few more times too!  Thumbs Up

Auntie Hope  :festivarian2 :green
I'll admit to singing it enough times to forget the words at crucial times. Cheers
"Fly Through the Country" happened many times.
"Sunset Road"
"Vamp in the Middle"
IP address Logged
bouzouki
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 421

URL icon « Reply #114 on: June 12, 2011, 06:12:13 PM »

In a while, I will be going, seeing you all, experiencing a week of joyful fun, and it will be done.
In eight days, I will be driving away, dazed by another year of music.
I will listen for the odd sound, and someone will lead me to it.
Just when I wonder if I will hear it again, I do.
i stood by the Colorado River, listening to strange noises of lots of water moving quickly.
Time to stand over the San Miguel and hear its voice.
I am ready.
IP address Logged
bouzouki
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 421

URL icon « Reply #115 on: July 03, 2011, 08:55:49 PM »

made it to/through another TBF, which is the way I like it.  Saw friends, some for no longer than a few minutes, and others long enough to catch up.  that is the way of things and I certainly can't change who crosses my path, or what path I cross.
In the world of the odd sound, I heard what I was certain to be a dog bark last night.  the bark was steady and continuous for ten to twenty minutes, long enough for me to decide it might have been some kind of night bird, but now I am not certain.  the sound woke me and kept me awake. 
It reminds me that I have heard some of the strangest sounds far from the nearest human, often making me wish I had some human near enough to reassure me.  Like hearing coyotes, or a wolf, a big cat, and a bear snorting around, I remember that I am not always the top of the food chain.
The best sound I heard today was a gentle gust of a breeze, shaking my wind chime, and moving the 100 degree air a few yards away.

Now Playing icon Listening to: punch brothers
IP address Logged
bouzouki
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 421

URL icon « Reply #116 on: December 04, 2011, 08:40:46 AM »

It is cloudy and cold here, waiting for the winter solstice to bring back the sun.
It is quiet, with only the sound of the fire in the wood stove, and the cat discussing my failure to fill his food dish. 
Some friends and I had a conversation about our artifacts from the past, photographs, and record albums, books and magazines, and our children's method of holding elements of their past.  I heard that major record companies are planning to stop making cd's in a few years, making music only available digitally.  My friend reminded me that he still had his first copy of Rubber Soul on vinyl, complete with pops and hisses.  I suppose there will still be access to all the music in cyberheaven, but after you drop your Ipod in the San Miguel river, will you be able to bring back all your music stored there?
Listening to live music allows me to feel it as the sound waves wash over me and I love the raw emotions from old musical friends as the songs of the past and present catch me and draw me in.  I think of the huge village formed deep in the canyon on the summer solstice, and how much love and affection I have for that time and place. 
So here we come to another of those season-changing times, when the sun sets early and comes up late, and those of us in colder climes are again prepared to wake to white on the ground just like it was on the Monday morning after the last night of TBF.   
IP address Logged
swander99
Old Timer

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #117 on: December 05, 2011, 02:27:30 PM »

So here we come to another of those season-changing times, when the sun sets early and comes up late, and those of us in colder climes are again prepared to wake to white on the ground just like it was on the Monday morning after the last night of TBF.   

Dr. Love Looking forward to all the odd sounds in my head caused by the writings of my festifriends during the cold, dark nights of winter... Flower  Happy holidays to you all!  CU @ Festivaaal!  Cheers
IP address Logged

HEEN!
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #118 on: December 05, 2011, 04:42:57 PM »

The snow against my window and my snowshoes ready by my front door.
My wood pile is depleteing fast, man it's cold up here. I long for just a trickle of sun, please just give us 5 minutes more, each day
 and then there is the sound of nothing, just the quiet of winter...

I can hear , well almost nothing and that is a very odd sound.

Now Playing icon Listening to: My heart beat
IP address Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC