Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 12:47:08 PM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Phish August 9th and 10th Townpark!!!!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Phish August 9th and 10th Townpark!!!!!  (Read 26645 times)
Jackalope
Small Member

Festivation rating 105

URL icon « Reply #30 on: April 02, 2010, 06:23:12 PM »

I got my Phish in Telluride + TP camping!  That makes two trips to TRide, 1 for Bluegrass and one for Phish.  I could not be more happy!!   Thumbs Up
IP address Logged
JenCC
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 101

URL icon « Reply #31 on: July 27, 2010, 10:56:37 AM »

I missed TBF this year, so I am so happy to get a chance to return to T-ride and watch YMSB, Phish, and the late-night shows!!

I can't wait!
IP address Logged
dayton
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

instagram.com/ashevilledayton

URL icon « Reply #32 on: July 30, 2010, 10:45:57 PM »

a very interesting perspective from the telluride town council...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjt0JepIDjw
enjoy!
yay phish!  Lil hombre

Now Playing icon Listening to: yonder of course
IP address Logged

“Life is like music for its own sake. We are living in an eternal now, and when we listen to music we are not listening to the past, we are not listening to the future, we are listening to an expanded present.” ― Alan W. Watts
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

3 chord's and a story that's me

URL icon « Reply #33 on: July 31, 2010, 06:49:38 AM »

a very interesting perspective from the telluride town council...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjt0JepIDjw
enjoy!
yay phish!  Lil hombre

Makes me love Ferg even more seeing all the pre fest arrangements he has to line up just for all of us. Phish, I've never seen them.... Ferg rocks and so does the town of Telluride! Medal
IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
420Sugaree
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

shake it, shake it, Sugaree

URL icon « Reply #34 on: August 03, 2010, 11:48:16 AM »

Today, this ad was posted on Craigs List - Fort Collins:

"We are currently seeking several employees for an event in Telluride on 8/9 and 8/10. This entails travelling to Telluride, accomadations and meals are provided. Must have reliable transportation, and be able to work evening shifts.

Please call 303 286 0844 Training is provided. Must haev proof of eligibility to work in the US.
"

Today, I read all the comments and info in this entire Thread -- very carefully. I just watched the YouTube clip of Telluride Town Council Meeting Concert Vote, mentioned and posted July 30 by Dayton. Then I re-read the Craigs List ad. Then I called them, just now. It was confirmed to me that this is for the Phish concert in Telluride.

They are asking me to work for $10 per hour, no food, no travel expenses, and a free camping space - not real lodging. Travel, food, lodging must be paid for by myself!

If I worked for "them" under these conditions, I would be mad as HELL at Telluride, mad at Phish, mad at the crowd, mad at the promoters, and just plain Pissed Off as Hell! Is this what "they are looking for"? Is this what "Telluride" stands for, these days?

I thought it would be prudent for me to post this.

btw, I worked at Telluride Bluegrass Festival in 1986: I was a senior freelance video engineer who was contracted by Challenger Productions. Challenger drove a 6-million-dollar TV production truck to Telluride for this. We did an 8-camera shoot for TBF. We received proper pay, and a per diem package. This is standard procedure.

Sorry for not minding my own business.

peace,
Monte Barry
IP address Logged

Turn on your Lovelight... and leave it ON!
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #35 on: August 03, 2010, 01:23:09 PM »

They are asking me to work for $10 per hour, no food, no travel expenses, and a free camping space - not real lodging. Travel, food, lodging must be paid for by myself!

If I worked for "them" under these conditions, I would be mad as HELL at Telluride, mad at Phish, mad at the crowd, mad at the promoters, and just plain Pissed Off as Hell! Is this what "they are looking for"? Is this what "Telluride" stands for, these days?

I thought it would be prudent for me to post this.

btw, I worked at Telluride Bluegrass Festival in 1986: I was a senior freelance video engineer who was contracted by Challenger Productions. Challenger drove a 6-million-dollar TV production truck to Telluride for this. We did an 8-camera shoot for TBF. We received proper pay, and a per diem package. This is standard procedure.

Sorry for not minding my own business.

peace,
Monte Barry

Wellll M the times they are a changin.... if I paid my employees to sleep and eat,,, well lets just say, lots of folks will work for that. Yes indeed, the times they are a changin'.....
IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
420Sugaree
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #36 on: August 03, 2010, 02:22:19 PM »

the times they are a changin...

IP address Logged

colorado242002
Wondering when Small Member status will be achieved.

Festivation rating 5

URL icon « Reply #37 on: August 03, 2010, 03:59:15 PM »

ummmm, no offense but, i'm pretty sure they are looking for volunteers who actually would like to be there for the event and are willing to work in exchange for tickets and do smaller security type jobs, not video engineers for an 8 camera shoot.

"btw, I worked at Telluride Bluegrass Festival in 1986: I was a senior freelance video engineer who was contracted by Challenger Productions. Challenger drove a 6-million-dollar TV production truck to Telluride for this. We did an 8-camera shoot for TBF. We received proper pay, and a per diem package. This is standard procedure."
IP address Logged
420Sugaree
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #38 on: August 03, 2010, 04:21:16 PM »

I'm pretty sure they are looking for volunteers who actually would like to be there for the event and are willing to work in exchange for tickets and do smaller security type jobs.

I agree with you 100%.

When I checked this ad out, for the Phish concert, I already knew all the Guidelines on Criags List for posting job ads to the classified section there. I'm posting the guidelines here, so others reading this know more about where I'm coming from.

My knowledge tells me it's 2 days driving from Fort Collins to Tellluride, and back again. Add traveling expenses, and travel pay to compensate for this. Let's say that's about $300 to 350, for the sake of argument. That's what they want me to cover out of my pocket. This is a clear violation of Craigs List policy.

Staying in a tent in a free campsite, free parking, getting paid same as everyone else for the shifts worked, and getting food provided at the job site, is not something I would argue about.
IP address Logged

flyfishindave
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #39 on: August 03, 2010, 09:44:35 PM »

Phish in TownPark is right around the corner, oh yeah, Karl Denson and his Tiny Universe, oh yeah, Cornmeal & Tea Leaf Green, there's also Jeff Austin n friends, and a Jazz festival to boot.  Can't get here soon enough!

Woo hoo

Now Playing icon Listening to: Tela
IP address Logged

The secret is to surrender to the flow
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #40 on: August 04, 2010, 06:44:30 AM »

Fish Fish Fish Fish Fish Fish Fish Fish Fish Fish Fish Fish Fish Fish Fish Fish Fish Fish Fish

Would you like to swing on a star, carry moonbeams home in a jar and be better off than you are or would you rather be at Phish....Fish

IP address Logged

Pat in dairyland
Small Member

Festivation rating 100

URL icon « Reply #41 on: August 20, 2010, 07:34:41 PM »

Spent 4 days in telluride and saw two days of jazz festival, Jeff Austin and Friends, and two days of Phish.  The weekend was unbelievable.  I am still smiling and can't even hardly put into words how much fun I experienced.

Now Playing icon Listening to: Traveling McCourys
IP address Logged
flyfishindave
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #42 on: August 23, 2010, 09:02:46 PM »

Spent 4 days in telluride and saw two days of jazz festival, Jeff Austin and Friends, and two days of Phish.  The weekend was unbelievable.  I am still smiling and can't even hardly put into words how much fun I experienced.

Ditto!
IP address Logged

The secret is to surrender to the flow
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC