Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 02:38:58 PM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Phish August 9th and 10th Townpark!!!!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Phish August 9th and 10th Townpark!!!!!  (Read 26674 times)
rettlerSCI
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « on: February 18, 2010, 02:20:30 PM »

Thats the big rumor I've been hearing!!!!!! Evil Evil Evil

I actually booked a hotel room already (100% cancellation policy) for these date.
IP address Logged
rettlerSCI
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 05:01:53 PM »

Is this not of interest to anyone?!?!? cause this sounds like its happening, plus the hotels are booking like crazy for these days!!!! Cheers
IP address Logged
rettlerSCI
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 05:11:09 PM »

Evil Evil Evil

Book your rooms now, I did.

Hope they have a lottery for Townpark etc. for these shows instead of a first come first serve basis.
IP address Logged
Auntie Hope
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 05:45:46 PM »

Sound great Man!!! Wish I could! Fewer bugs than Big Cypress in the Everglades!

Auntie Hope  :festivarian2 :green
IP address Logged

InFleckIt! at Hippo Campus
dayton
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

instagram.com/ashevilledayton

URL icon « Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 05:59:42 PM »

holy schnikes batman!!!!!!!!
im gonna be making two trips out to t-ride this year
 Driving Woo hoo Woo hoo Woo hoo Woo hoo Woo hoo Woo hoo Woo hoo Woo hoo Woo hoo

wait, is this a rumor, or is this for real huh

Now Playing icon Listening to: cars in downtown denver
IP address Logged

“Life is like music for its own sake. We are living in an eternal now, and when we listen to music we are not listening to the past, we are not listening to the future, we are listening to an expanded present.” ― Alan W. Watts
John R
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

...you know this space is getting hot.

URL icon « Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 03:09:03 PM »

coming from a promoter near you...
IP address Logged

"hey man, can I get a copy?", "sure, of what?", "the whole festival"
aquariumdrunk
Kinda digging this festival thing...

Festivation rating 4

URL icon « Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 01:03:19 PM »

I'm sure many have seen this, but here ya go...

http://www.telluridenews.com/articles/2010/02/24/news/doc4b85e192a0c92089017397.txt

Gone Phishing: jam band
gets closer to coming to town

Parks and Rec board moves
application forward, two more hurdles
for possible August shows

By Matthew Beaudin
Editor

Published: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 8:41 PM CST

It seems like Phish could happen. Yesterday in a special meeting, the Telluride Parks and Recreation Commission gave the nod to promoters hoping to use Town Park for two nights in August to host the iconic jam band, known for its decade-long songs and wandering legion of fans. As it stands right now, promoters would release 9,000 tickets a night on Aug. 9 and 10 and set the curfew at 11 p.m. for the foursome. No opening band is anticipated.

But don’t start shouting opener requests just yet: Promoters still need to collect two more approvals, one from the Commission for Community Assistance, Arts and Special Events and another from the Telluride Town Council. The application will be in front of CCAASE next month.

Planet Bluegrass — the Telluride Bluegrass Festival’s organizer — and AEG Live hope to bring Phish to for the two-night stint. The shows come on the heels of the Telluride Jazz Celebration, which runs in Town Park for the three days prior, August 6-8. The management of Town Park’s space would fall between the Jazz Celebration and Planet Bluegrass.

The shows should serve as a boon for Jazz; if Phish fans want to come early and secure camping, for instance, they would have to come on Sunday and purchase a Jazz ticket.

“We’ve pretty much agreed on about everything we can think of so far,” said Craig Ferguson, President of Planet Bluegrass. Ferguson and his crew will take over the park on Monday morning. The shows aren’t expected to merit closure of the park before the Jazz Celebration was to take it over, regardless.

There is no doubt that the shows would float the town’s bottom line, but there were questions posed yesterday pondering how best to wring out the economic orange that is a 10,000-person rock show. If the show ended earlier, some said, local bars could snare profits for longer in a given evening. Then again, there was this: “I would be nervous about releasing 9,000 people into town,” said Rick Herrington, director of the town’s parks. Ferguson, meanwhile, put it like this: “They don’t fit into the tavern.”

Local Janice Zink, who also works for KOTO as its events coordinator, said to let ‘em play. “To have a viable rock concert, if you will, it doesn’t end at 10,” she said.

For planners, it’s a matter of expectation. Would it be like the Panic shows (with people sleeping in cars all over town) or like the Dead dates that saw enormous crowds?

Much of the details will take form in the coming meetings, but Ferguson said he hoped to fill lodging space first and that 2,000 campsites between Town Park and Lawson Hill would be enough to house the school of Phans.
IP address Logged
flyfishindave
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #7 on: February 27, 2010, 01:09:26 PM »

Please make this happen, although why so soon after Jazzfest?  Why make it challenging (logistically) to move out that crowd, clean up, and get ready for Phish?  Anyway, this would be EPIC!
IP address Logged

The secret is to surrender to the flow
jeepgirl3041x

Festivation rating 1

Can't wait!

URL icon « Reply #8 on: March 07, 2010, 06:55:12 PM »

Do you know where one can get these tickets and if camping is going to be allowed like for TBF? Obviously new to this but I got TBF tix and camping squared away (can't wait to go!) and want to take care of this one too. Thanks for the heads up btw, can't think of a better way to spend my b-day!
IP address Logged

:) :) :) :) :)
jeepgirl3041x

Festivation rating 1

Can't wait!

URL icon « Reply #9 on: March 07, 2010, 07:21:30 PM »

Nevermind, I was reading and reading and it looks like it hasn't been solidified yet so that's probably why I can't find tickets yet. Thanks again   Cheers
IP address Logged

:) :) :) :) :)
rettlerSCI
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 09:31:36 AM »

Phish will have a lottery that you will ahve to enter inorder to try to get tickets through their website before they go onsale to the general public. You will have to get extremely lucky to get them this way. Then a few day's after that they will go onsale to the general public, again, from what I see and etc. you will probably have to get extremely lucky to get them this way as well. Expect scalping to be extreme, as much as I hope its not.

Good luck  Thumbs Up
IP address Logged
rettlerSCI
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #11 on: March 10, 2010, 09:32:34 AM »

Tickets are going to be a pain in the ass for this
IP address Logged
dayton
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #12 on: March 16, 2010, 12:58:07 PM »

summer tours gonna be announced today
i heard from a friend that the telluride dates have been confirmed...
 Sunshine
and yes, tickets are going to be a pain in the ass for this Cheers
IP address Logged

“Life is like music for its own sake. We are living in an eternal now, and when we listen to music we are not listening to the past, we are not listening to the future, we are listening to an expanded present.” ― Alan W. Watts
dayton
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #13 on: March 18, 2010, 02:09:43 PM »

telluride phish ticket requests...
http://www.phish.tickets.musictoday.com/Phish/calendar.aspx

Now Playing icon Listening to: dan tyminski - mystery
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 07:21:38 AM by dayton » IP address Logged

flyfishindave
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #14 on: March 23, 2010, 10:27:48 AM »

HOLY SNIKES   Cheers

My intention is to be one of 9000 patrons in Town Park, Co. for Phish August 9-10, 2010.  Please, i ask of you all, send positive energy into the universe directed at this pursuit.  Thank you!

Now Playing icon Listening to: Silence
IP address Logged

The secret is to surrender to the flow
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC