Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 12:45:08 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Picked up the Mandolin
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Picked up the Mandolin  (Read 14481 times)
Auntie Hope
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #15 on: April 23, 2009, 05:55:21 PM »

I'm a Fishboner, Ma doesn't shut down jams, she shushes loud drunks who interrupt jams with their squawking.

Dude, bring the mando.  The best part about being a beginner is sitting under a tree during the day with someone a little better than you and learning to play even just one song.  People at TBF want you to learn to play and everyone is generous with their time in helping folks learn.

Amen sister.  Thumbs Up

kym, who knows late night and otherwise music is always welcome...this IS town park we're talking about here

Ladies, TRULY, we mean no disrespect to Ma Biddle.  Flower
It was a random, funny, very late night thing that happened in 2007. Give her a call. I'm sure she'll tell you about it with a big laugh.

Can't wait to see all the Fishboners!

Auntie Hope  :festivarian2 :green
IP address Logged

InFleckIt! at Hippo Campus
DgoDave
Kinda digging this festival thing...

Festivation rating 50

Dave & T

URL icon « Reply #16 on: April 24, 2009, 12:10:05 PM »

:pickinHey  Dude,
I was given a mandolin this last Xmas.  I  too am slowly picking up some tunes and chops!   Thumbs Up I go pickin here there and everywhere.  Quietly in the back and pick a lead now and then when the circle is well lubricated. Cheers  About the same as my guitar playing.   Band

Bring your mandolin down here to Durango and pick in our group.  We love beginners and really support eachother.  Jams are the best way to learn tunes as well as  jam etiquette, but especally getting the vibe of playing with others.  Email me and I'll give you the particulars.
Cheers,
T

Now Playing icon Listening to: dennis caplinger beginner mandolin lesson cd
IP address Logged
DgoDave

Festivation rating 50

Dave & T

URL icon « Reply #17 on: April 24, 2009, 01:10:37 PM »

I forgot to mention Dude is welcome to come play mando in our camp at Tpark/Amok.   Thumbs Up,T
IP address Logged
dude

Festivation rating 45

URL icon « Reply #18 on: April 25, 2009, 09:14:08 AM »

Hello DgoDave,

Wow, what a great gift you received! And you're right, I need to learn some etiquette regarding jamming. I'm pretty big on etiquette in all arenas.

Durango is just a bit outside of my normal travel patterns (which undoubtedly is one reason why it's such a great  place, out of reach of us front rangers so we don't run all over it every weekend) and I'm slated for Ilium this year at TBF so TP doesn't seem likely. I'll certainly keep your offer in mind, though, and if anything changes I'll definitely take you up!

What is this lubrication of which you speak? Wink

Thanks!
IP address Logged

Abide
DgoDave

Festivation rating 50

Dave & T

URL icon « Reply #19 on: April 25, 2009, 09:39:33 AM »

Lubrication...might be a new thread topic? But I was referring to the greased licks of great jammin, of course Flower

Now Playing icon Listening to: Bill Evans Parking Lot Picker's Songbook
IP address Logged
Auntie Hope
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #20 on: April 27, 2009, 02:46:18 PM »

Hello DgoDave,

Wow, what a great gift you received! And you're right, I need to learn some etiquette regarding jamming. I'm pretty big on etiquette in all arenas.

Durango is just a bit outside of my normal travel patterns (which undoubtedly is one reason why it's such a great  place, out of reach of us front rangers so we don't run all over it every weekend) and I'm slated for Ilium this year at TBF so TP doesn't seem likely. I'll certainly keep your offer in mind, though, and if anything changes I'll definitely take you up!

What is this lubrication of which you speak? Wink

Thanks!

Dude,
Not sure about your arrival in Telluride but you will have access to Town Park until Wednesday evening. Just ask anyone how to get up to Camp Run A Muck/Town Hall.  Thumbs Up

Auntie Hope  :festivarian2 :green
IP address Logged

InFleckIt! at Hippo Campus
Cindy Lou
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #21 on: April 27, 2009, 11:37:17 PM »

I forgot to mention Dude is welcome to come play mando in our camp at Tpark/Amok.   Thumbs Up,T
Hey T! Does this mean you and Dave are gonna be there again this year?  I'll be seeing you in PS before that!  woo hoo Call me
IP address Logged

"The most important thing is to find out what is the most important thing. "  (Shunryu Suzuki)
bouzouki
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 421

URL icon « Reply #22 on: May 06, 2009, 09:04:28 AM »

Picking up an instrument is great, be prepared for the times you put it down, and don't wait too long before you pick it up again.  As in, do it for the rest of your life.
IP address Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC