Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 07, 2024, 08:50:28 PM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  The Dead
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: The Dead  (Read 62694 times)
Hot Sugar
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

Camp Run a Muck

URL icon « Reply #90 on: May 15, 2009, 02:43:23 PM »

Leaving for The Gorge tonight!!!! Can't wait!!!!!
IP address Logged

"That spells clever not cleaver."
bouzouki
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 421

URL icon « Reply #91 on: May 17, 2009, 06:13:30 PM »

I think they are good for a bunch of old guys.
IP address Logged
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

3 chord's and a story that's me

URL icon « Reply #92 on: May 17, 2009, 07:13:18 PM »

I think they are good for a bunch of old guys.
Right Dan,  LOL LOL LOL LOL you old fart
IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
Hot Sugar
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

Camp Run a Muck

URL icon « Reply #93 on: May 18, 2009, 02:08:21 PM »

That show was brilliant!!!!!! I couldn't have asked for a better first show at The Gorge. Drove 20 hours all together, go excellent seats and sat eating cookies with my brother and his girlfriend till the show started. That was amazing, especially for a 17 year old kid who has never had the chance to see and fully appreciate one of the greatest and most legendary bands of all time.
IP address Logged

bouzouki
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 421

URL icon « Reply #94 on: May 19, 2009, 11:30:45 AM »

wonderful.  My friend and I took two old guys to their first show, and they liked it.  i looked at the set list and immediately wanted a copy of the cd. 

That show was brilliant!!!!!! I couldn't have asked for a better first show at The Gorge. Drove 20 hours all together, go excellent seats and sat eating cookies with my brother and his girlfriend till the show started. That was amazing, especially for a 17 year old kid who has never had the chance to see and fully appreciate one of the greatest and most legendary bands of all time.
IP address Logged
Hot Sugar
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

Camp Run a Muck

URL icon « Reply #95 on: May 19, 2009, 12:24:24 PM »

I will be downloading The Dead's sets as soon as I can, I'd also love to get a hold of The Allman Brothers' set and The Doobie Brothers' set, it was an excellent show all together Cheers
IP address Logged

dayton
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

instagram.com/ashevilledayton

URL icon « Reply #96 on: May 24, 2009, 07:48:09 PM »

a total of 150 songs played on this tour
just heard the update on dead radio
and chimenti was added to the rhythm devils officially
that'll be sweet, fittin between ratdog and the devils....... gonna be a busy time for jeff
IP address Logged

“Life is like music for its own sake. We are living in an eternal now, and when we listen to music we are not listening to the past, we are not listening to the future, we are listening to an expanded present.” ― Alan W. Watts
bouzouki
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 421

URL icon « Reply #97 on: May 24, 2009, 09:09:52 PM »

In Denver, they had a feedback problem at the start of the second set, It is close to what I now hear all the time in my left ear, tinnitus.  Be careful, if you are around loud noise, it changes your life, the ring becomes a constant.  But that isn't what is what I want to write about.  I feel that I gave the Dead, and the Grateful Dead a huge amount of psychic
energy over the years, probably as much as I received, just as I have given to Telluride over the years, and again it has come back to me.  I could be pagan or heathen, or something else, but I love the energy of music.  these guys gave me a real boost, even with the feedback, it must be a Karma thing, so if it happens in telluride, I'm sure it isn't me this time.  I think I should go to the odd sound for the rest of this.

Now Playing icon Listening to: throw down your heart
IP address Logged
bodegahwy
Small Member

Festivation rating 315

URL icon « Reply #98 on: May 28, 2009, 08:56:11 PM »

Those shots at the top of the thread got me digging around in my old files.  Here is a scan of a snapshot from my first show...

IP address Logged
420Sugaree
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

shake it, shake it, Sugaree

URL icon « Reply #99 on: May 29, 2009, 12:22:35 PM »

Those shots at the top of the thread got me digging around in my old files.  Here is a scan of a snapshot from my first show...

Looks like the 1974 Wall of Sound. Phil's beard sells it. Thanks. I'm  curious. I'd be interested to know, are you sitting on any "uncirculated" pics from that period which you may wish to share with everyone on the internet? I can help you make that happen or point you in the right direction, making sure to give credit to those providing the new sources.

Here is the torrent file for a huge GD photo collection in circulation, posted over at Lossless Legs. 968 files. Your pic wasn't in there. Many others circulate.

IP address Logged

Turn on your Lovelight... and leave it ON!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC