Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 08:49:54 PM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  for Hooch the bacon king
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 50 Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: for Hooch the bacon king  (Read 403261 times)
Hooch
...is kind of a big deal

Festivation rating 420

Freak Of The Rainbow Pork Lover

URL icon « Reply #135 on: August 06, 2008, 03:15:04 PM »

On my river trip last weekend we intentionally cooked 7 pounds of bacon Saturday morning.  There were 12 of us on the trip.  The amount of bacon was necessary not just for the sustaining of life as we know it but because we needed fuel for.......

THE GREASE BOMB!  Thumbs Up

Ok anyone from homeland security.....don't watch  EEK!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jessmpope/2738455453/

That's a dangerous idea to be putting into my head for TBF next year!...or Folks Fest next week!! 
IP address Logged

"There is nothing in the universe more exciting than a piece of bacon."

-Dan Phillips
Flagstaff Jess
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Seize the Cocktail!

URL icon « Reply #136 on: August 06, 2008, 04:37:51 PM »

On my river trip last weekend we intentionally cooked 7 pounds of bacon Saturday morning.  There were 12 of us on the trip.  The amount of bacon was necessary not just for the sustaining of life as we know it but because we needed fuel for.......

That's a dangerous idea to be putting into my head for TBF next year!...or Folks Fest next week!! 

Wonder how the BATF regards the grease bomb? Rolleyes
IP address Logged

Begin doing what you want to do now.  We are not living in eternity.  We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand and melting like a snowflake.  Let us use it before it is too late.   - Marie Bevon Ray
Ron N Deb
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #137 on: August 07, 2008, 02:25:04 AM »

OMFG !!!!!
Jess your Nuts !
but Soooooooo Cool
ok Guys no Bombs at BG
even though All our Camps could
put out any Forest Fire
since we are ALL armed to the teethe
with Fire extenghushers ...<SP>
sorry beer impaired
IP address Logged

Peace N Love
Ron N Deb
Flagstaff Jess
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Seize the Cocktail!

URL icon « Reply #138 on: August 07, 2008, 11:34:05 AM »

Wave My compliments to Wardrobe and The Production Crew.  Flower

Why thank you! 

I must say though that as Grease Bombs go that was not my best work.  It's way cooler when you can get them to go thermo-nuclear with a secondary explosion.  I'm blaming it on pre-mature ignition.  I should have given the bacon grease another 15 minutes to really get hot.

But it was 110 degrees, I was slightly - just slightly - altered and I really just wanted to get back down to the party on the boats where it was much cooler.  But heat and impatience are no reason to ignite a grease bomb early!  I have learned the error of my ways on this one.

Wardrobe?  What wardrobe?
IP address Logged

Begin doing what you want to do now.  We are not living in eternity.  We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand and melting like a snowflake.  Let us use it before it is too late.   - Marie Bevon Ray
Flagstaff Jess
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Seize the Cocktail!

URL icon « Reply #139 on: August 07, 2008, 11:44:00 AM »

OMFG !!!!!
Jess your Nuts !
but Soooooooo Cool
ok Guys no Bombs at BG
put out any Forest Fire
sorry beer impaired

Kids - DO NOT TRY THIS AT BLUEGRASS!!!!!

I totally agree....the Grease Bomb is not appropriate for blue grass.  The Grease Bomb is a river thang.  Created by housewives in the midwest, it was refined perfected and taken to new heights by river guides in Idaho who then passed it on to river guides in Grand Canyon. 

If you notice, I am using an 11 foot oar and am crouched VERY low to set it off.  There are NO trees or anything else within 50 yards of that thing except for the ignition crew who are crouched VERY low and using an 11 foot oar.  Did you notice how crouched low we were??

Nope - if you wanna save your bacon grease and jump on a river trip sometime that would be the time and place to learn this new skill.

No flaming festivarians at bluegrass - PLEASE!

Now Playing icon Listening to: the sounds of the FBI pounding on my door....
IP address Logged

Ron N Deb
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #140 on: August 07, 2008, 12:03:52 PM »

OMFG !!!!!
Jess your Nuts !
but Soooooooo Cool
ok Guys no Bombs at BG
put out any Forest Fire
sorry beer impaired

Kids - DO NOT TRY THIS AT BLUEGRASS!!!!!

I totally agree....the Grease Bomb is not appropriate for blue grass.  The Grease Bomb is a river thang.  Created by housewives in the midwest, it was refined perfected and taken to new heights by river guides in Idaho who then passed it on to river guides in Grand Canyon. 

If you notice, I am using an 11 foot oar and am crouched VERY low to set it off.  There are NO trees or anything else within 50 yards of that thing except for the ignition crew who are crouched VERY low and using an 11 foot oar.  Did you notice how crouched low we were??

Nope - if you wanna save your bacon grease and jump on a river trip sometime that would be the time and place to learn this new skill.

No flaming festivarians at bluegrass - PLEASE!

Thank you Jess!
we continue our regular scheduled programming
IP address Logged

Peace N Love
Ron N Deb
Flagstaff Jess
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Seize the Cocktail!

URL icon « Reply #141 on: August 07, 2008, 01:28:59 PM »

"Wardrobe?  What wardrobe?" Exac-tickle-ly   Flower Evil  Flower  Flower  Evil  Flower  Nicely Done  Wink

Did I mention how freakin' hot it was?   Evil
IP address Logged

Flagstaff Jess
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Seize the Cocktail!

URL icon « Reply #142 on: August 07, 2008, 02:15:24 PM »

"Wardrobe?  What wardrobe?" Exac-tickle-ly   Flower Evil  Flower  Flower  Evil  Flower  Nicely Done  Wink

Yeah...20 Megaton Grease Bombs tend to heat things up a bit I bet?!? Proper attire must be crucial? AZ I assume  huh

Aye.  It was well over 110 during the day and dropped down to a balmy probably 100 at night.    It wasn't quite 20 mega-tons though - more like 4 ounces.  But that certainly has me thinking - -

Does size matter?

Hmmmmmmmm.   This might require further experimentation next trip.
IP address Logged

TellurideTom
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 426

URL icon « Reply #143 on: August 07, 2008, 03:19:01 PM »

Yeah...20 Megaton Grease Bombs tend to heat things up a bit I bet?!? Proper attire must be crucial? AZ I assume  huh

Aye.  It was well over 110 during the day and dropped down to a balmy probably 100 at night.    It wasn't quite 20 mega-tons though - more like 4 ounces.  But that certainly has me thinking - -

Does size matter?

Hmmmmmmmm.   This might require further experimentation next trip.

You may want to consider your  quote wardrobe quote in that experiment. Wink
Wouldn't want a bunch of bacon grease spatter. EEK!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 03:23:46 PM by TellurideTom » IP address Logged

Happy Trails....Wave

You can check out my Domain site or follow me on Facebook
Flagstaff Jess
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Seize the Cocktail!

URL icon « Reply #144 on: August 07, 2008, 03:25:34 PM »

Band  It ain’t the grease, it’s the combustion that makes your mama wanna rock   Band

My apologies to Maria Muldaur…you too Jess, I couldn’t resist

Thumbs Up  good one.  you get points for that  Flower
IP address Logged

Auntie Hope
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #145 on: August 07, 2008, 11:31:20 PM »

Band  It ain’t the grease, it’s the combustion that makes your mama wanna rock   Band

My apologies to Maria Muldaur…you too Jess, I couldn’t resist

Thumbs Up  good one.  you get points for that  Flower

I agree. Mo' luvin' for the Turtle! Medal

Auntie Hope  pickin :green
IP address Logged

InFleckIt! at Hippo Campus
Flagstaff Jess
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Seize the Cocktail!

URL icon « Reply #146 on: August 08, 2008, 09:35:52 AM »

Finally viewed with sound. (noticed a big ball of flame too  LOL )

I can't believe you called that thing a dud!!! You're nuts lady, a very endearing trait.  Flower

At the time it just didn't seem big enough.  Looking at the footage now I agree it is a respectable grease bomb.  But really man, once you have gotten one to go thermo-nuclear it's hard to be satisified with anything else...

A mean a secondary mushroom explosion following right on the heels of the first one.  Who wouldn't be disappointed?????

But yeah....this one was not a dud.  It was worthy.
IP address Logged

Hooch
...is kind of a big deal

Festivation rating 420

Freak Of The Rainbow Pork Lover

URL icon « Reply #147 on: August 08, 2008, 09:59:26 AM »

I hear that scientists are actually trying to find ways to put more pork particles into the atmosphere in order to help combat global warming, smog, hurricane formation, and wind shear.  Bacon grease fires my soon become all the rage with the environmentalists and next year the Telluride Bluegrass Festival may be 100% pork powered!!

Now Playing icon Listening to: People smacking their lips at the thought of bacon
IP address Logged

"There is nothing in the universe more exciting than a piece of bacon."

-Dan Phillips
Flagstaff Jess
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Seize the Cocktail!

URL icon « Reply #148 on: August 08, 2008, 10:06:11 AM »

I hear that scientists are actually trying to find ways to put more pork particles into the atmosphere in order to help combat global warming, smog, hurricane formation, and wind shear.  Bacon grease fires my soon become all the rage with the environmentalists and next year the Telluride Bluegrass Festival may be 100% pork powered!!

Who knew I would be ahead of the curve??? LOL
IP address Logged

apollo
URL icon « Reply #149 on: August 08, 2008, 10:37:25 AM »

http://media.damnfunnypictures.com/dfp/BaconFlowChart001.jpg
IP address Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 50 Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC