Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 03:48:49 PM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  for Hooch the bacon king
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 50 Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: for Hooch the bacon king  (Read 402970 times)
Hooch
...is kind of a big deal

Festivation rating 420

Freak Of The Rainbow Pork Lover

URL icon « Reply #120 on: July 29, 2008, 01:23:15 PM »

Prepare to be saved

If they taught stuff like this back when I was in Baptist school then I would not be so damned traumatized now.  I think I use bacon and rum coffee as an emotional band-aid to hide the pain of my hippie-free childhood religous experience.
IP address Logged

"There is nothing in the universe more exciting than a piece of bacon."

-Dan Phillips
tahoe gypsy
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 420

Bacon is the root of all Evil

URL icon « Reply #121 on: July 29, 2008, 01:26:16 PM »

Well now you have a bacon-aid to mend your wounds... :bacon
IP address Logged
Hooch
...is kind of a big deal

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #122 on: July 29, 2008, 01:46:06 PM »

Oh yeah!!!  Thanks for the Band-Aid bacon strips!!!  I can't wait to totally bust my ass mountain biking so I can doctor myself with bacon! 
IP address Logged

-Dan Phillips
tahoe gypsy
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #123 on: July 29, 2008, 05:59:28 PM »

Oh yeah!!!  Thanks for the Band-Aid bacon strips!!!  I can't wait to totally bust my ass mountain biking so I can doctor myself with bacon! 
I don't think I sent you enough for major disasters, just for splatter burns from grease.
IP address Logged
ilovethelorax
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #124 on: August 04, 2008, 01:40:38 PM »

This weekend we did some camping and Sam developed Bacon flavored roasted smores. Just thought I'd share.  :pig :pig :pig
IP address Logged

I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music.

George Eliot (1819-1880)
Hooch
...is kind of a big deal

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #125 on: August 04, 2008, 02:08:13 PM »

This weekend we did some camping and Sam developed Bacon flavored roasted smores. Just thought I'd share.  :pig :pig :pig
Obviously Sam is a damned genius and deserves the next Nobel Peace Prize in the catagory of Bacon!
IP address Logged

-Dan Phillips
Flagstaff Jess
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Seize the Cocktail!

URL icon « Reply #126 on: August 05, 2008, 11:19:03 AM »

that is brilliant!  Sam is a prodigy!  I'm salivating right now at the thought of a graham cracker layer with melted marshmellow, chocolate and BACON!

Tell us - what does Sam advise for the proper placement of the bacon?  On top of the pile? Smooshed between the marshmellow and the chocolate or directly on the cracker?

IP address Logged

Begin doing what you want to do now.  We are not living in eternity.  We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand and melting like a snowflake.  Let us use it before it is too late.   - Marie Bevon Ray
tahoe gypsy
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #127 on: August 05, 2008, 02:20:55 PM »

I made Buttermilk Cornbread with Bacon Drippings on Sunday.
Couldn't eat it but it sure smelled good!
IP address Logged
ilovethelorax
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #128 on: August 05, 2008, 10:12:24 PM »

Tell us - what does Sam advise for the proper placement of the bacon?  On top of the pile? Smooshed between the marshmellow and the chocolate or directly on the cracker?

He got so excited about the idea of merely flavoring his marshmallow with bacon by roasting it over a fire consisting mostly of paper towels used for draining said pork one can only imagine the chaos that might have ensued had it crossed his mind to actually put the bacon on the smore. Oh my. As it was he wandered camp for at least 20 minutes while it cooked muttering "bacon" in varing volumes and tones. Quite sad actually to see a kid so bereft.

Now Playing icon Listening to: mariner baseball
IP address Logged

I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music.

George Eliot (1819-1880)
Auntie Hope
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #129 on: August 06, 2008, 02:26:16 AM »

Oh my. As it was he wandered camp for at least 20 minutes while it cooked muttering "bacon" in varing volumes and tones. Quite sad actually to see a kid so bereft.

Oh, We understand........ that happens quite often up at Run-A-Muck!  LOL

So, it's 'Bacon Flavored' S'mores. Why didn't Hooch or Mitch think of that one?
:pig  huh  :pig

Auntie Hope  pickin :green
IP address Logged

InFleckIt! at Hippo Campus
erndog
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 422

Festivate. Rinse. Repeat.

URL icon « Reply #130 on: August 06, 2008, 09:15:43 AM »

There was this show on the Travel Channel last night - Anthony Bourdain, No Reservations - he takes a trip to the Pacific Norhtwest and visits this donut shop in Portland - Voodoo Donuts.

In addition to the "cock and balls" donut (check that one out on the website, a bachorlette party favorite, I guess), they have the Maple Bacon donut:

http://voodoodoughnut.com/menu.html

If I knew how to use the "insert image" button, I would just paste the darn picture, but I can't figure that one out.

Erndog
IP address Logged
Mark in Alabama
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Got DukTape?

URL icon « Reply #131 on: August 06, 2008, 09:24:54 AM »

I was in the voddoo donut shop back in February.  I did not try the maple bacon one, but had a pretty tasty chocolate covered donut.  It is a total hole in the wall, but evidently quite the Portland institution.   :pig <<< as close to bacon as I could find.
IP address Logged

May All Of Your Days Be Festival Days
Hippie
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #132 on: August 06, 2008, 11:11:15 AM »

Thumbs Up
IP address Logged

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves. - Will Rogers
ilovethelorax
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #133 on: August 06, 2008, 11:32:02 AM »

Voodoo Donuts rock! SHHHHhhh....don't tell Sam about the bacon bars though  Festival Mentality.

Now Playing icon Listening to: rudie can't fail...the clash
IP address Logged

George Eliot (1819-1880)
Flagstaff Jess
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Seize the Cocktail!

URL icon « Reply #134 on: August 06, 2008, 02:00:50 PM »

On my river trip last weekend we intentionally cooked 7 pounds of bacon Saturday morning.  There were 12 of us on the trip.  The amount of bacon was necessary not just for the sustaining of life as we know it but because we needed fuel for.......

THE GREASE BOMB!  Thumbs Up

Ok anyone from homeland security.....don't watch  EEK!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jessmpope/2738455453/
IP address Logged

Begin doing what you want to do now.  We are not living in eternity.  We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand and melting like a snowflake.  Let us use it before it is too late.   - Marie Bevon Ray
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 50 Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC