Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 07:27:16 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  FLOODING! Crazy 9-12-13!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: FLOODING! Crazy 9-12-13!  (Read 44731 times)
Turtle
Kinda digging this festival thing...

Festivation rating 218

Positive ever, Negative never

URL icon « on: September 12, 2013, 07:38:19 AM »

Hope all is well at the ranch.  Frown

Update when you can.  huh

:vibes  Sending good vibes.
IP address Logged

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy." -- Tom Waits, W.C. Fields or Dorothy Parker
ebb01
Small Member

Festivation rating 20

URL icon « Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 09:14:26 AM »

Pictures coming through of Lyons look pretty bad.  Anything can be rebuilt- Just hope everyone at PB, connected to PB or who just enjoy PB are safe and sound.

http://www.9news.com/images/640/360/2/assetpool/photogallery/354821/12683454.jpg
IP address Logged
meanderingjeeper
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Hope all is well and the surf is high.

URL icon « Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 09:37:33 AM »

some pretty good destruction all around this morning.  I know I wished for the river to be a little higher when I was up during Folks, but thats not what I meant!

Now Playing icon Listening to: rain drops keep falling
IP address Logged

If you don't like something, change it.  Otherwise change the way you feel about it.
TheLorax27
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

SAFETY THIRD.

URL icon « Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 09:52:06 AM »

yeah things are pretty bad.  my dad lives couple blocks away from PB and said that it looks like a disaster movie in lyons.  He heard PB ranch was one big lake. 

As mentioned, things can be rebuilt.  Hope everyone is OK.  Thoughts, prayers and positive energy to all.

IP address Logged

Eat Drink and Be Merry!
Turtle
Kinda digging this festival thing...

Festivation rating 218

Positive ever, Negative never

URL icon « Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 10:31:54 AM »

Medal Sally doing good!

http://www.timescall.com/longmont-local-news/ci_24072743/dam-break-threatens-lyons-residents-warned-go-higher

Frown Planet not looking good.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10201071061032657&set=vb.1052226626&type=2&theater

Now Playing icon Listening to: Boulder County Police And Fire Dispatch - Scary ...
IP address Logged

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy." -- Tom Waits, W.C. Fields or Dorothy Parker
meanderingjeeper
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 10:50:43 AM »

video from Arthur's fb.  totally under water

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151572904737610&set=vb.711192609&type=2&theater
IP address Logged

If you don't like something, change it.  Otherwise change the way you feel about it.
swervn

Festivation rating 0

URL icon « Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 11:28:03 AM »

Hopin and prayin everyone is OK in the pb family!!
IP address Logged
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

3 chord's and a story that's me

URL icon « Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 12:22:04 PM »

Oh this is very sad news..... my thoughts are with you..
IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
Hot Sugar
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

Camp Run a Muck

URL icon « Reply #8 on: September 12, 2013, 02:46:53 PM »

I've heard that everyone is safe. The Ranch has suffered a lot of damage, though. My thoughts go out to Craig and his family and everyone who works for the Planet.
IP address Logged

"That spells clever not cleaver."
retsin2000
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 292

URL icon « Reply #9 on: September 12, 2013, 05:47:35 PM »

I'm in town and spent most of the day trying to get supplies to the elementary school and doing soe other stuff to try to help out around town.

Market is *not* gone. It has taken on some water but appears to be structurally okay. The worst hit no surprise is in between the rivers. That area looks very bad. Spent the day taking food to the school and some other stuff trying to help out. So far I have not heard of any people that have been hurt in town. I saw one pic of the ranch that did not look good but I have heard that everyone got out safely there too.

Right now we still have power at least on the north side of town. Water is gone though. I saw 3 National Guard trucks that have made it through to own so hopefully water will arrive soon if it hasn't already. My wife is down at the school helping out now so she should have more info when she gets home.

Everyone is glad that as far as we know everyone is safe but there is going to be a lot of cleanup.

Thanks for the positive thoughts everyone.

Now Playing icon Listening to: The sound of the river which I should not be able to hear from my house.
IP address Logged
BluegrassDustin
Administrator
...is kind of a big deal

Festivation rating 420

Living Life With Delusions Of Banjur

URL icon « Reply #10 on: September 12, 2013, 08:51:32 PM »

Craig and his family made it off the property, so everyone is safe.

It's bad here in Boulder, but Lyons is a whole different beast.

2 more days of rain expected. :x

http://www.timescall.com/longmont-local-news/ci_24072743/dam-break-threatens-lyons-residents-warned-go-higher

http://bluegrasstoday.com/colorado-floods-threaten-planet-bluegrass-ranch/

Thanks for the thoughts everyone.

More later...
IP address Logged

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those
who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Seuss

"An intellectual snob is someone who can listen to the William Tell Overture and not think of The Lone Ranger."   -Dan Rather
Ice Tre
Small Member

Festivation rating 120

URL icon « Reply #11 on: September 12, 2013, 10:55:44 PM »

I'm glad the residents made it out and are ok.  But I'm sad for the grounds being flooded.  I hope it can recover.  That's a special, beautiful, sacred place. 

Rob Roper
IP address Logged
meanderingjeeper
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #12 on: September 13, 2013, 07:59:36 AM »

Sounds like everyone made it out safe so that is great.  Hopefully the dogs were found and were able to make it as well.  The incoming pictures are overwhelming. 
IP address Logged

TBG
Wondering when Small Member status will be achieved.

Festivation rating 0

URL icon « Reply #13 on: September 13, 2013, 08:01:03 AM »

My thoughts and prayers are with the Planet Bluegrass team today.  I am looking forward to the benefit concert and celebration of the newly rebuilt Planet Bluegrass festival site.  There are many people close by who hold this place dear.  Please let us know how we can help.  We stand ready to assist!

Ken

Now Playing icon Listening to: The Sound Of Silence
IP address Logged
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

3 chord's and a story that's me

URL icon « Reply #14 on: September 13, 2013, 08:20:50 AM »

My thoughts and prayers are with the Planet Bluegrass team today.  I am looking forward to the benefit concert and celebration of the newly rebuilt Planet Bluegrass festival site.  There are many people close by who hold this place dear.  Please let us know how we can help.  We stand ready to assist!

Ken
I agree! I am a strong women and I want to help as well. We are ready!
IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
Pages: [1] 2 Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC