Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 05:40:02 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  FLOODING! Crazy 9-12-13!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: FLOODING! Crazy 9-12-13!  (Read 44719 times)
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

3 chord's and a story that's me

URL icon « Reply #15 on: September 13, 2013, 08:24:02 AM »

Craig and his family made it off the property, so everyone is safe.

It's bad here in Boulder, but Lyons is a whole different beast.

2 more days of rain expected. :x

http://www.timescall.com/longmont-local-news/ci_24072743/dam-break-threatens-lyons-residents-warned-go-higher

http://bluegrasstoday.com/colorado-floods-threaten-planet-bluegrass-ranch/

Thanks for the thoughts everyone.

More later...
Thinking of all of you. Hold tight not too much longer. National Guard on it's way to Lyons
IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #16 on: September 13, 2013, 09:22:32 AM »

And first of importance"Craig and his family made it off the property, so everyone is safe."

Medal Medal Medal Medal

Sounds like a bonfire story yet to be told. The flood of 2013. So glad everyone is safe. Medal
IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
meanderingjeeper
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Hope all is well and the surf is high.

URL icon « Reply #17 on: September 13, 2013, 09:27:09 AM »

This wasn't the case.

We suggested the money be donated to the community.

Flower

Now Playing icon Listening to: By the way, which one's Pink?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 10:06:23 PM by BluegrassDustin » IP address Logged

If you don't like something, change it.  Otherwise change the way you feel about it.
ratcub
Small Member

Festivation rating 3

URL icon « Reply #18 on: September 14, 2013, 09:23:34 AM »

I hope there will be some way to make donations directly to PB when this rain lets up and the river subsides.  The folks there do so much for me (and probably all of us), with the musicians we're privilaged to see and the wonderful, fun times I have each year (when I can get at ticket) to the various PB festivals...     
IP address Logged
Maple Al
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

🍁

URL icon « Reply #19 on: September 14, 2013, 11:49:27 AM »

Mother Nature power washing the PBS ranch, looks like what happened when she sent a tornado to prune my maple woods. Glad that it wasn't during a festival, evacuate a few thousand campers in the middle of the night. I know it will be a while before things get back to normal but the bluegrass ranch can be cleaned up and rebuilt. As soon as the water goes down people will start the cleanup. Hope everyone is well and will see you at a benefit concert soon.

Now Playing icon Listening to: Hospital sounds with my dad
IP address Logged

Seeing Sam Bush from 1976 on...
Skubes
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #20 on: September 14, 2013, 12:36:46 PM »

Every time I see the pictures/videos (of Lyons and around our state), my heart sinks into my stomach and I can't hold back the tears.  I know it will be a while before we know what can be done to help bring the PB Ranch back to its beautiful self.  But we'll all be there, that much I know is sure, for the Planet and all the others affected by this heartbreaking set of events.
IP address Logged
DavidK

Festivation rating 1

URL icon « Reply #21 on: September 15, 2013, 11:22:25 AM »

Here's a photo from several days ago now... just back last night from search and rescue... it's not good so your prayers, good vibes, and eventually your cash and good will be needed when this finally subsides... there is a new normal now...

http://photos.denverpost.com/2013/09/14/photos-lyons-floods-prompt-air-rescue-cut-colorado-town-off/#16
IP address Logged
Bbatch

Festivation rating 1

URL icon « Reply #22 on: September 16, 2013, 09:16:01 AM »

Echo all of the comments and concern. Hoping for the best that can come out of this situation. PB, let the community know how we can help.

Bob
IP address Logged
BluegrassDustin
Administrator
...is kind of a big deal

Festivation rating 420

Living Life With Delusions Of Banjur

URL icon « Reply #23 on: September 16, 2013, 11:07:50 PM »

For some perspective, this shows Bohn Park (Festival parking) in the upper left hand corner:

IP address Logged

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those
who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Seuss

"An intellectual snob is someone who can listen to the William Tell Overture and not think of The Lone Ranger."   -Dan Rather
Sunnyand70
Small Member

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #24 on: September 17, 2013, 12:03:36 AM »

Crazy times when Bohn Park is flooded. I hope that bridge held. I know the one down below was blown out.

Folks, the regular Tuesday night bluegrass jam at Oskar Blues will be held at CHUBurger in Longmont tomorrow night. Money shall be raised for the Lyons Musicians relief fund and taking donations as so many musicians lost everything from instruments to entire houses.

It's a wonderful jam, come if you can.
IP address Logged
retsin2000
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 292

URL icon « Reply #25 on: September 17, 2013, 07:50:44 AM »

We left Lyons Saturday and are all safe. Currently we are camped in our popup. We don't need anything at this time. I may try to come to the jam tonigjt. I did get a mandolin and guitar out. Guitar is going to another evacuee.

A great wat to help Lyons individuals and businesses is to donate to the Lyons Community Foundation. You can designate funds to flood relief.

http://www.lyonscf.org/

Thanks for all the words of support for Lyons.

Brian
IP address Logged
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #26 on: September 17, 2013, 09:33:14 AM »

For some perspective, this shows Bohn Park (Festival parking) in the upper left hand corner:

Insurance and a shovel and a few pots of coffee should get it strong :vibes kiss

Maybe some Bengay LOL Let us keep a good perspective on this if possible. Forward now forward horsey

Now Playing icon Listening to: the slowing of the sound of rushing water near my house
IP address Logged

Ice Tre
Small Member

Festivation rating 120

URL icon « Reply #27 on: September 18, 2013, 09:50:53 PM »

Folks, the regular Tuesday night bluegrass jam at Oskar Blues will be held at CHUBurger in Longmont tomorrow night. Money shall be raised for the Lyons Musicians relief fund and taking donations as so many musicians lost everything from instruments to entire houses.

I'll donate to that fund.  Is there a way to do it online?
IP address Logged
Sunnyand70
Small Member

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #28 on: September 19, 2013, 11:31:15 AM »

Hey there, Ice Tre...

Not sure. It wasn't all that obvious at the Jam. Things are a bit discombobulated right now for obvious reasons but if something comes up, I'll share it.

Thanks. Cheers
IP address Logged
Sunnyand70
Small Member

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #29 on: September 19, 2013, 12:00:08 PM »

Best thing for now looks like http://lyonscf.org/  Thumbs Up
IP address Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC