Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 03:40:19 PM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Telluride Bluegrass Festival (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  What are your best TBF memories?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 44 Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: What are your best TBF memories?  (Read 631333 times)
Maineahhh
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Bluegrass makes me happy.

URL icon « Reply #90 on: March 29, 2007, 08:05:35 PM »

thanks ilovethelorax, I didn't think it was possible to get even more excited for my first TBF. what wonderful memories, looking forward to making some of my own....shine on,

Sarah
IP address Logged

"A lot of the artists collaborate with one another on stage throughout the festival, leaving fans and musicians alike in awe. A bunch of us are old friends, and when we get here we want to band together... Anything goes here, people are ready for any kind of music." Sammy B on TBF
Kaptain Karlos
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

2008 TBF Flamingo Slayer

URL icon « Reply #91 on: March 29, 2007, 08:06:30 PM »

Hi Kym!  Great to see ya checkin' in.  Been a long time since I saw ya, the kid, and the hubby last.  Did I ever thank you for leading me back to my camp that first night we met in person?  (Thank you  Flower  I think I would have ended-up down-valley if it wasn't for you...)

The Kaptain
IP address Logged
ilovethelorax
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #92 on: March 29, 2007, 08:56:17 PM »

Hi Kym!  Great to see ya checkin' in.  Been a long time since I saw ya, the kid, and the hubby last.  Did I ever thank you for leading me back to my camp that first night we met in person?  (Thank you  Flower  I think I would have ended-up down-valley if it wasn't for you...)

The Kaptain

Kaptain! Nice to be checkin' in! It HAS been a long time. We had hoped Hardly Strictly was going to be doable last year but it wasn't in the cards. This year perhaps.

We've all got the Telluride fever here. Sam, at three, started spontaneously pointing out "Telluride trees"about a week ago. Usually cottonwoods but anything on a hill/mountain can qualify. In the blood, I suppose.

As for leading you home, t'was a pleasure! We were both lucky I think. Did you see my post over on another topic re your brew efforts this year and how happy I am there will be more TCP in camp? Yahoo! Now we just need to get James a pass!  Cheers

Sarah, you're in for the ride of your life. Have a blast and look us up over at fishbone.

happy day music lovers,
kym

IP address Logged

I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music.

George Eliot (1819-1880)
Maineahhh
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Bluegrass makes me happy.

URL icon « Reply #93 on: March 29, 2007, 09:20:00 PM »

Fishbone: Noted. look forward to meeting you  :)
IP address Logged

"A lot of the artists collaborate with one another on stage throughout the festival, leaving fans and musicians alike in awe. A bunch of us are old friends, and when we get here we want to band together... Anything goes here, people are ready for any kind of music." Sammy B on TBF
Ron N Deb
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #94 on: March 30, 2007, 10:46:16 PM »

Fishbone is normaly next door to Camp Wander In

Cheers
IP address Logged

Peace N Love
Ron N Deb
Hippie
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #95 on: March 31, 2007, 09:50:13 AM »

Hey Kim!

Nice handle...
I am the lorax and i speak for the trees... what is that thing you've made with my truffula tuft???....my VERY favorite Dr Seuss.

It would be great to see some Fishboners in Camp run a Muck at HSB Wink Wink

I just finished the CD of Ron n Debs wedding about a month ago, does anyone in the Fishbone family want a copy? Send me an addy off list if so. Flower That might be one of my favorite TBF memories, actually that years festival might be the best one. I met so many GREAT people that year. Fell in love... twice.... danced my buns off with a beautiful woman from fishbone... and listened to the thunder roll through the canyon as that crazy pony tailed mexican said I do when we all thought he was gonna chicken out  Wink Wink

My goodness only 81 days to Rumballs
 Flower

Cheers
IP address Logged

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves. - Will Rogers
ilovethelorax
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #96 on: April 01, 2007, 03:29:24 PM »

I just finished the CD of Ron n Debs wedding about a month ago, does anyone in the Fishbone family want a copy? Send me an addy off list if so. Flower That might be one of my favorite TBF memories, actually that years festival might be the best one. I met so many GREAT people that year. Fell in love... twice.... danced my buns off with a beautiful woman from fishbone... and listened to the thunder roll through the canyon as that crazy pony tailed mexican said I do when we all thought he was gonna chicken out  Wink Wink

Flower

Jerry,
It was a beautiful wedding celebration, festival, year. That's what love will do for you...that's what love will make you do!    Wink  Look for a personal note from me regarding the cd. I don't know how widely represented our fishbone family is here but I'd love a copy and would be happy to make copies for others who might also want them. Good reminder to me to get Ron and Deb some pictures I took too! (Ah...the path is paved eh?...)

HSB is just before Pete's birthday so we're going to get there one of these years hell or highwater!   

Peace, kym

Now Playing icon Listening to: shine eyed mister zen...
IP address Logged

I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music.

George Eliot (1819-1880)
jessy3986

Festivation rating 11

URL icon « Reply #97 on: April 02, 2007, 12:25:49 PM »

My first TBF in '03 with Pamia who has been my bestest friend ever since! Lotsa good memories from that one.  Oh yeah - meeting Drew Emmitt... I'm such a geek. Love
Also '04 stumbling around drunk with my friend Jeff and having way too much fun at the YMSB Sheridan show!
And all the times Bob Rocks had me and Pam just laughing our asses off.
Jeeeez I could go on and on....

Jessy

Lil hombre
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 12:36:00 PM by jessy3986 » IP address Logged
Doc Mike
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #98 on: April 02, 2007, 05:00:34 PM »

I just remembered this one...  We were staying at Riverside condos one year, and so was John Cowan.  That was the year he got married there.  The night after the wedding, we ran into them in the parking lot, offered lots of congrats and handshakes.  He was very nice and very happy! Flower

Now Playing icon Listening to: my kids laughing
IP address Logged

We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams.
~Willy Wonka
EJ
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #99 on: April 17, 2007, 06:38:49 PM »

Best memories ....hmmmm.....

My first Telluride where I miscalculated the exact mixologist formula for alcohal and altitude with singing all night - did that the first night there and could barely speak for two days (don't recall the night well but do remember the could barely speak part). Also was the year of Ron and Deb's wedding (now there is an introduciton to a couple), to freezing all night (wasn't prepared), and to amazing music on stage and in camp. The first year brought me back.

Or maybe arriving at the eventually-to-be-named Camp Wander-In' in 2005 to find my tent set up by my "good" friends and camp mates. "What a wonderful group of people," I thought. We visited out in the hot afternoon sun for a while but what  I didn't notice was that they were suspicioualy grinning as they drank the afternoon away. When I finally went to the tent to store my gear, I found that they had filled the tent with balloons. It turned into the Great Telluride Balloon Massacre.

Muscially:
Bela Fleck, Stanly Clarke and Jean Luc-Ponty is right up there
Sam's set last year after coming out of the hospital ("Friends you have no idea what it's like to be lying in an ambulance thinking you are about to die from a heart attack, listening to KOTO as Bonnie Raitt is inviting you to come up on stage and play with her")

My best memories are everynight, every year,  wandering around camp playing music all night with great people and players, sometimes freezing my fingers off, but always just never wanting it to stop.

EJ
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 10:40:49 AM by EJ » IP address Logged

Confucius says: The wise person is always packing for Telluride
Ron N Deb
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #100 on: April 20, 2007, 11:41:55 PM »

Hey Kim!

Nice handle...
I am the lorax and i speak for the trees... what is that thing you've made with my truffula tuft???....my VERY favorite Dr Seuss.

Flower

Cheers

Wow Ive havent checked out this thread in a while ...Jerry you just brought a tear to my eye , what a great year XXX was ..
the whole thing was just increadable , from Tom meeting Emmie with us backstage with Sam and the Crew , to the infamous Fashion show insainity , The Wedding band playing,  the tears of happinest from all the Guests The rain falling then stopping during the wedding ..all of Our friends being around us and loving us ...Its a hard one to top ...But somehow we will find a way ...Peace and Love Always to Our ever growing Family

IP address Logged

Peace N Love
Ron N Deb
Pirate Looks at --
Old Timer

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #101 on: April 21, 2007, 10:57:55 AM »

There are way too many memories....I wish I could remember them! Arriving last year and having the Hippie thrust a bottle of Rumplemist through the window of my Rent-a-Car was pretty cool.....and of course the warm welcome by all of WanderIn was just too cool. James ...can I get a T-Shirt this year??????? XL???? Cheers
IP address Logged

"A Pirate Looks at --"
tommyboy
Kinda digging this festival thing...

Festivation rating 28

URL icon « Reply #102 on: April 21, 2007, 01:35:54 PM »

the Hippie thrust a bottle of Rumpleminze through the window of my Rent-a-Car was pretty cool

That sounds like my kinda greeting!! Cheers

Now Playing icon Listening to: Little Country Giants
IP address Logged
BLFunky

Festivation rating 1

URL icon « Reply #103 on: April 29, 2007, 05:48:10 PM »

The Nields (anyone remember them??)

I am a BIG Nields fan - saw them at Fretical on the Eno in 95 or 96 - can't remember

"In my best balck dress"

The two ladies are still playing together I know
IP address Logged
jiclark
Wondering when Small Member status will be achieved.

Festivation rating 20

…the guy with the straw hat, the camera & the grin

URL icon « Reply #104 on: May 12, 2007, 12:21:52 PM »

What a great thread!

Seems like a perfect place to make my first post…

My favorite memory, among many others, is from my first fest in '78. My then girlfriend, now wife, and I were dancing quite amorously to NGR (I believe to "Deeper and Deeper"). All of the sudden this quite intoxicated fella came up and interrupted us to say that we were the most beautiful couple he'd ever seen (or something to that effect); he was just gushing from that classic TBF emotional wave that we all know and love. Great memory.

Having just discovered this forum, all I can say is that it's sure a great way to get even more excited than I already was! As if I needed the help!!!!

Can't wait to see if I start recognizing some folks here, and vice versa...

BTW, I've gotten into the habit of making pocket schedules to give out each year. If you like to download a PDF of the file I start with, to make some yourself, here it is:

http://jiclark.net/TBF'07.pdf

[One warning: this page has about 1/8" margins, and a lot of printers can't go that small. A Kinkos or something could probably handle it for you.] Just print it out, then turn it over and print again on the other side. Use a paper cutter to cut out the indivual schedules (use lines as guides), and take 'em to Kinkos or Office Depot to have 'em laminated. Vóilá!

Can't wait to see you all there!

XOX,
John

Now Playing icon Listening to: Deeper and Deeper, New Grass Revival
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 12:37:38 PM by jiclark » IP address Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 44 Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC