Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 10:40:52 PM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  ISO an aud of the Wicked Messenger set from Waterfront
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: ISO an aud of the Wicked Messenger set from Waterfront  (Read 6240 times)
yonderphreak
Festivarian

Festivation rating 100

URL icon « on: January 13, 2011, 04:42:50 PM »

Anyone got this?
IP address Logged
UselessJo
Old Timer

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 10:05:50 PM »

I dont even know what your asking for! huh Rolleyes
IP address Logged

Let us learn to appreciate there will be times when the trees will be bare, and look forward to the time when we may pick the fruit.
zack_adcock
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 421

URL icon « Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 11:14:46 AM »

Wicked Messenger is Adam & Ben from Yonder with some other dudes (Tyler Grant from Emmitt-Nershi; a member of Leftover Salmon I can't remember) basically performing a Dylan / Dead set. This person is looking for an audience recording of that show ... which would be better discovered in the Tapers/Traders section of the board, I've gotta think :-)

I thought it was up on Archive.org but I can't find it now - anyone know if this is still there??

If nothing else, I'm pretty sure this set is still up on COTapers.org, so it's still out there / available.

Shoot me an e-mail - zack _ adcock @ yahoo [dot] com - if you need help pulling that, and I can try to help get you what you need.

Zack
IP address Logged
420Sugaree
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

shake it, shake it, Sugaree

URL icon « Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 11:23:46 AM »

Mishawaka Amphitheatre was the venue for Waterfront Fest

videos of the Wicked Messenger @ Waterfront Fest
these are on YouTube

The Mishawaka Amphitheatre will NOT be disappearing. The Mishawaka Amphitheatre was sold Wednesday, December 15, 2010, to Dani Grant. She is the owner of Chipper’s Lanes in Fort Collins. The amount the venue sold for has not been disclosed. Mishawaka, commonly called “The Mish,” was previously owned by Robin Jones before the venue was caught cultivating and selling marijuana.

This bust was controversial. Basically, it was a huge MMJ operation, and it was borderline legit. Maybe Robin's paperwork was out of order. The Feds and local cops, acting in a multi-jurisdictional task force, seized all his stash, plants and growing equipment about 15 months ago. Even though MMJ is legal in Colorado, cops don't want anyone to have it. Game Over. The cops achieved their goal of shutting him down. Several months ago, Robin was finally hit with charges stemming from this bust. That's when The Mish went up for sale.

For decades, this amphitheater has been a beloved music venue, attracting internationally known artists, from Joan Baez to the 10,000 Maniacs and Los Lobos. Bands perform indoors in cold weather, as was the case when I first went to The Mish in 1980 with the Arabesque band. The outdoors stage sets against the dramatic backdrop of the Poudre Canyon. Jones owned the venue for almost 20 years after buying it back in 1991. He had been the manager for six years and bought the establishment to keep it from being torn down and turned into a parking lot. It was his passion for music that kept the venue running, and he wanted to sell the Mish to someone who would keep it a musical amphitheatre. “Music is my life,” he said in a past interview with the Collegian. Jones could not be reached for comment.

Mishawaka Amphitheatre venue has nearly 100 tapes on the Live Music Archive from live concerts. These bands include: Rat Dog, String Cheese Incident, Derek Trucks Band, Drive-By Truckers, Disco Biscuits, Hot Buttered Rum, Umphrey's McGee, Leftover Salmon, and Yonder Mountain String Band.

Grant started talking with Jones about potentially buying the Mish back in June. She said she has a love for the local music scene and wants to start having local bands play at the venue and open for headliners. Grant is also the owner of Spokes BUZZ, a local non-profit organization that encourages economic growth in Fort Collins by taking local bands across the country to open for headliners to generate an interest in the city.

She hopes to help other non-profit organizations raise money by hosting events at Mishawaka along with the concerts it is known for. “I love the city of Fort Collins and I think that Mishawaka can be the star on the Northern Colorado map,” Grant said.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 12:00:13 PM by 420Sugaree » IP address Logged

Turn on your Lovelight... and leave it ON!
zack_adcock
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 421

URL icon « Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 02:16:27 PM »

basically performing a Dylan / Dead set.

I should amend this previous statement by noting that they performed one set of acoustic Dylan songs and one set of Electric Dead songs... which is quite different from a Dylan/Dead set from their infamous tour together.

Z
IP address Logged
Matt
URL icon « Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 11:13:38 PM »

I've got the set that was up on cotapers.org.  It's good, though the vocals don't come through very clearly at times.  Well worth downloading though, killer set, wish I had been there.
IP address Logged
Pages: [1] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC