Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 11:42:39 PM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Cadillac Sky on "indefinite hiatus"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Cadillac Sky on "indefinite hiatus"  (Read 5856 times)
Rob_from_Ohio
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « on: January 13, 2011, 08:26:02 AM »

This was brough to my attention yesterday.  While C-Sky was anything but traditional bluegrass, they did put on a really entertaining live show.  I hope they figure out a way to resolve whatever differences resulted in the hiatus.

A letter to our fans and friends
January 4, 2011 by Cadillacsky
To our dearest friends, the brothers and sisters of the C-Sky family,

After long hours of thought and with heavy but grateful hearts, we’ve decided to make the following announcement: starting in January of 2011 we will be going on an indefinite hiatus. We’ve made some personal and collective choices that have driven the decision, but we’re all in agreement that it’s time for us to step back from Cadillac Sky.

This band has been an incredible journey for us. We’ve each been blessed to make music that we love for people that we love even more. We’ve played in some of the greatest places a band could aspire to perform, stretched ourselves creatively, and through it all have been supported by YOU. You’ve let us crash on your floors, fed us at ridiculous hours of the morning, traveled miles to see us play and shared your stories and honesty with us. You’re not just fans – you’re our friends, and you’re the greatest friends any band could hope for.

Know that none of this would have been possible without you. The door may be closing for now, but we’ll still be making music and adding our individual involvement to many different and new projects. We’ll keep you up-to-date on what we’re doing and what’s going on. New chapters are beginning to unfold and we look forward to you joining us; you are why we make music.

Sincerely, humbly, and with unabated love,

Ross, Matt, Panda, David, and Levi
Cadillac Sky

Now Playing icon Listening to: Duke Junior & The Smokey Boots
IP address Logged
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

3 chord's and a story that's me

URL icon « Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 08:44:10 AM »

I did read that yesterday and they are such a powerhouse of great music.
 But I also think change can be good.

So I will be watching this talented bunch !  Medal Something good is bound to happen. Flower
IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
swander99
Old Timer

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 01:57:00 PM »

Frown Thanks for posting this, Rob, since I just got the news their 3/11 Mpls show was cancelled.  Frown
At least I know why now.  I'm glad I heard them as many times as I did!  The 1st Ave show w/Mumford&Sons in Oct. was outstanding! I'll be waiting to see what comes next...I'm sure goodness will ensue... Flower
 Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers

Now Playing icon Listening to: wdvx online
IP address Logged

HEEN!
swander99
Old Timer

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 02:03:32 PM »

Wave Wow, that is a lot beers, ya think? Too many? Makes me long for those RANGERS we Heart{FLAT}landers will buying for each other at the tent on 6/16/11  Thumbs Up   

Now Playing icon Listening to: wdvx online in heart(flat)land office
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 02:06:20 PM by swander99 » IP address Logged

HEEN!
Hot Sugar
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

Camp Run a Muck

URL icon « Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 06:00:03 PM »

This makes me sad. They are one of my favorite bands. They're full of talented, innovative musicians. I'm sure whatever they decide to do next will be spectacular, but I'm still going to hope for them to get back together.
IP address Logged

"That spells clever not cleaver."
Pen
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 07:33:30 AM »

Why are the stars aligned against me!?!  Cadillac Sky is calling it a day - but Lil Wayne continues to pump out albums.  There is no justice.
IP address Logged

"How many of you folks have seen that movie "O Brother, Where Ya At?"--Ralph Stanley
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 10:41:40 AM »

LOL LOL LOL Strange but true...

You wonder if that magic can be captured again.

But then part of growing is not knowing.

So many vocal and musical configurations to choose from.
Al K. and Robert Plant. Now that seemed fairly unlikely , but was beautiful to listen to.

Never know lest you stretch and grow. Flower
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 10:45:30 AM by landshark » IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
Pen
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #7 on: January 14, 2011, 11:34:57 AM »

True Landy...

I suppose I'll just sit and wait on the new Lil Wayne/Barry Manilow album.  It's going to be phat.
IP address Logged

"How many of you folks have seen that movie "O Brother, Where Ya At?"--Ralph Stanley
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #8 on: January 14, 2011, 12:23:58 PM »

True Landy...

I suppose I'll just sit and wait on the new Lil Wayne/Barry Manilow album.  It's going to be phat.

LOL LOL LOL LOL Pen where have you been you silly dude... LOL LOL LOL Medal

Gonna miss their strong vocals. Earth shakin, soul soothen, groovin. I'm bustin a move just thinkin of em.. And hard to pick just one fav song as well. Lots of really good ones. Medal
IP address Logged

Pages: [1] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC