Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 09:20:20 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Solomon Burke dead @ 70
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Solomon Burke dead @ 70  (Read 5814 times)
Hippie
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « on: October 10, 2010, 09:35:30 AM »

SSIA:

The passing of a legend - Solomon Burke

:peace
IP address Logged

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves. - Will Rogers
DgoDave
Kinda digging this festival thing...

Festivation rating 50

Dave & T

URL icon « Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 09:57:36 AM »

Remembering him at the 35th Annual TBF in 2008.  His GRAND Procession of Buses, vans and cars rode into the festival filled with his beautiful family.  (One can only imagine what backstage parking was like.)  He did the Sunday Gospel Set.  And he was riveting!  Thank you King Solomon.  You will be missed.

Now Playing icon Listening to: our kitten demanding his breakfast
IP address Logged
AnythingAtAll
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 11:46:12 AM »

Thank you for that Sunday morning in Telluride.
IP address Logged
Hot Sugar
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

Camp Run a Muck

URL icon « Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 12:02:22 PM »

The man was truly a legend. His set at the 35th is one of my fondest memories of my first festival. I talked to him afterwards and he was so incredibly personable and friendly. Thank you for everything, King Solomon.
IP address Logged

"That spells clever not cleaver."
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

3 chord's and a story that's me

URL icon « Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 09:31:30 AM »

Do you remember the sermon he gave on being a good Father? Tore me up! A beautiful soul indeed.

Rest in peace Solomon.
IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
Cindy Lou
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 12:09:08 PM »

Remembering him at the 35th Annual TBF in 2008.  His GRAND Procession of Buses, vans and cars rode into the festival filled with his beautiful family.  (One can only imagine what backstage parking was like.)  He did the Sunday Gospel Set.  And he was riveting!  Thank you King Solomon.  You will be missed.

He will be missed indeed.  We are lucky to have such a wonderful memory of a great singer, almost larger than life up there on that velvet throne. Dave, do you have a picture or two you could post?
IP address Logged

"The most important thing is to find out what is the most important thing. "  (Shunryu Suzuki)
swander99
Old Timer

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 10:59:31 AM »

He will be missed indeed.  We are lucky to have such a wonderful memory of a great singer, almost larger than life up there on that velvet throne. Dave, do you have a picture or two you could post?
  Cheers
I wholeheartedly agree! Awesome memories of that Sunday tarp run and waiting for the Gospel according to King Solomon.  It was glorious, and my first & only time to see him in person....would love to see some pictures!  Thumbs Up
IP address Logged

HEEN!
DgoDave
Kinda digging this festival thing...

Festivation rating 50

Dave & T

URL icon « Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 09:48:12 AM »

So sorry,  Dave was off photographing a Elk Park during the Soloman set.  Theresa did not have adequate camera gear to capture the moment  Frown:-(
IP address Logged
ilovethelorax
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #8 on: October 14, 2010, 02:08:15 PM »

May his journey "up the King's highway" be a peaceful one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A5YGLAHuvU
IP address Logged

I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music.

George Eliot (1819-1880)
Pages: [1] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC