Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 12:39:40 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  R.I.P. Rudy Wooten
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: R.I.P. Rudy Wooten  (Read 4859 times)
Auntie Hope
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « on: July 19, 2010, 09:23:34 PM »

It is with great sadness that I report to you today of the passing of Rudy Wooten, brother to Victor Wooten and Roy "FutureMan" Wooten, of Bela Fleck and the Flecktones.

Rudy was found in his Nashville apartment last Wednesday afternoon, just prior to the Wooten Brothers schedule weekly show at 3rd and Lindsley Bar and Grill.

With a kind heart, Rudy graced us with his soulful sax in all types of musical settings, such as Funk with his brothers on Wednesday's and Jazz at a regular Sunday evening gig. There were many, many works with the youth of Nashville from street corner hip hop to workshops with the very young.

A Memorial Scholarship fund will be set up in Rudy's name at the W.O. Smith School of Music in Nashville, TN.
IP address Logged

InFleckIt! at Hippo Campus
BluegrassDustin
Administrator
...is kind of a big deal

Festivation rating 420

Living Life With Delusions Of Banjur

URL icon « Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 10:13:37 AM »

Frown

All of the Wooten's are such nice guys...I hate to hear this. Their Wed. night performances @ 3rd and Lindsley were a staple for me for a number of years.

Angel
IP address Logged

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those
who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Seuss

"An intellectual snob is someone who can listen to the William Tell Overture and not think of The Lone Ranger."   -Dan Rather
Auntie Hope
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 02:41:00 PM »

Frown

All of the Wooten's are such nice guys...I hate to hear this. Their Wed. night performances @ 3rd and Lindsley were a staple for me for a number of years.

Angel

Dustin,
The Memorial for Rudy was held at 3rd & Lindsley on Monday. Scheduled from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., it was just like every Wednesday night performance, and ran well past 5:30 p.m.

Amazing amount of love in that room on Monday afternoon.  Love
Regi, Roy, Joe and Victor expect a equal showing of love this evening when they take the stage at 10 p.m. If you know anyone in Nashville give them a call, and tell them they do-not-want-to-miss the show this evening.

IP address Logged

InFleckIt! at Hippo Campus
Pages: [1] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC