Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2024, 06:27:13 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  Regional Boards
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  North East (Moderator: BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Shout out: where ya from?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Shout out: where ya from?  (Read 74953 times)
wyeknot108
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « on: February 13, 2007, 01:20:24 PM »

I've been hailing from the greater Boston area for 11 years now.  Which means I've had to do a lot of flying to/from Colorado.

The 22nd Annual Joe Val Bluegrass Festival is this weekend in Framingham, MA.  What fun.   Cheers

Anyone?

Matt
IP address Logged
BillyBeru
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

"Good evening, music lovers!"

URL icon « Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 03:12:03 PM »

Hey Carlson!

It's Surdock from UR - funny to find you here (well, really I guess it's no shock whatsoever).

Are you going to this year's T-ride?

Bill

Now Playing icon Listening to: My Morning Jacket, Allman Brothers, Nickel Creek
IP address Logged

"How many of you have been at the festival all four days?"
missydawg

Festivation rating 1

URL icon « Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 12:38:52 PM »

Hi! We're from the tiny state of Rhode Island~ This will be our 1st trip to TBF~ very very excited!    We didn't make it to Joe Val this weekend~ we did the Mardis Gras Ball with some friends from Ct.    Maybe you could give us some advice on the flights & so forth on getting out to Telluride.  Wave

Thanks~ Missy & Scotto     Cheers
IP address Logged
TellurideTom
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 426

URL icon « Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 12:52:02 PM »

Hi! We're from the tiny state of Rhode Island~ This will be our 1st trip to TBF~ very very excited!    We didn't make it to Joe Val this weekend~ we did the Mardis Gras Ball with some friends from Ct.    Maybe you could give us some advice on the flights & so forth on getting out to Telluride.  Wave

Thanks~ Missy & Scotto     Cheers

You might check into flying into Montrose via Denver and either take the shuttle to Telluride or rent a car. It's the closest airport to Telluride unless you want to fly ino Telluride directly from Denver, but I've heard it's like a scary amusement park ride. The plane has to come down sharply and actually come in sideways just before it straightens out to land, and the end of the runway drops off a cliff. EEK!
You can get information about the shuttle here.
 Cheers
IP address Logged

Happy Trails....Wave

You can check out my Domain site or follow me on Facebook
missydawg

Festivation rating 1

URL icon « Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 12:58:32 PM »

How long is the ride from Denver? We were talking about maybe coming in early & driving from Denver so we could see some of the state, as we have never been out there & hearit is gorgeous. But I am completely clueless about time frame & miles.   Rolleyes      Thanks

Missy
IP address Logged
missydawg

Festivation rating 1

URL icon « Reply #5 on: February 19, 2007, 01:02:29 PM »

Thumbs Up     Just clicked on the link, I guess you already answered my question~ oops!!!  Thanks!  Cheers

Missy
IP address Logged
TellurideTom
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 426

URL icon « Reply #6 on: February 19, 2007, 01:02:33 PM »

It's about a six hour drive from Denver, and the scenery depends on which route you take. The more scenic the longer the drive, but could be worth it. I've never taken 285, but I hear it's the most scenic route to take. Hope that helps. Flower
IP address Logged

Happy Trails....Wave

You can check out my Domain site or follow me on Facebook
wyeknot108
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #7 on: February 20, 2007, 08:41:38 AM »

It's Surdock from UR - funny to find you here (well, really I guess it's no shock whatsoever).

Are you going to this year's T-ride?

Bill

That's the plan.  Been looking into flights for a Tuesday arrival and Monday departure.  What up with you?

Matt
IP address Logged
BillyBeru
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #8 on: February 20, 2007, 11:59:19 AM »

Hey Matt,

The last couple of years we've flown into Denver and spent the weekend before the fest in Boulder, then head off and do some camping, hiking, rafting for 2-3 days before rolling into town on Wednesday.

Rogin is out this year (and they say getting hitched won't affect your social life - actually maybe they say the opposite) but I will be with several other UR folks and some people from Eugene, OR.

We usually left of sound board near the hula hoopers in front of the path  towards the stage. Who is going out with you?

I think some more Nightgrass is in store this year.

Bill

Now Playing icon Listening to: John Prine
IP address Logged

missydawg

Festivation rating 1

URL icon « Reply #9 on: February 20, 2007, 01:31:17 PM »

That's the plan.  Been looking into flights for a Tuesday arrival and Monday departure.  What up with you?

Matt
[/quote]

We just booked flights on United out of Logan Nonstop~ Tuesday 19th return Monday25  About $290 pp round trip through expedia Leaves Boston @ 9:45 am/ monday leaves Denver @ 3:35 pm~  We searched a bit & found that to be the best price & non stop  Thumbs Up   Good Luck & maybe we'll meet you on the plane Wave
IP address Logged
wyeknot108
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #10 on: February 21, 2007, 01:21:32 PM »

Rogin is out this year (and they say getting hitched won't affect your social life - actually maybe they say the opposite) but I will be with several other UR folks and some people from Eugene, OR.

Did he end up getting a bluegrass band for his wedding?  :-)

Not sure who is going out at this point.  Tough tickets (I need a Town Park).  It could be just me, meeting up with my Town Park regulars and all you all.  Cheers

Matt
IP address Logged
BillyBeru
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #11 on: February 22, 2007, 06:21:53 PM »

Rumor has it he's getting Sam Bush Jr to play.  Thumbs Up

Looking forward to some Fat Tire and dancing like a fool - is is June yet?

Now Playing icon Listening to: Crooked Still
IP address Logged

jjwood64
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #12 on: February 27, 2007, 04:48:50 PM »

Hey, Matt...let's touch base on Telluride, bud.   How was the Joe Val Fest?
IP address Logged
missydawg

Festivation rating 1

URL icon « Reply #13 on: March 03, 2007, 09:56:48 AM »

I've been hailing from the greater Boston area for 11 years now.  Which means I've had to do a lot of flying to/from Colorado.

The 22nd Annual Joe Val Bluegrass Festival is this weekend in Framingham, MA.  What fun.   Cheers

Anyone?

Matt

Where in the Boston area?   Do you go to the Greyfox Bluegrass Fest in NY?
I'm curious how you do the TBF camping when you have to fly out.  It sounds like we do the same type of camping at greyfox~ w/ the kitchen,bar & common areas.  I can't possibly bring all that on the plane EEK!   
I feel that we must know some of the same folks that run in the NE bluegrass community & like to party!  Cheers    Let me know! 

Missy Wave

Now Playing icon Listening to: danny watching cartoons
IP address Logged
Maineahhh
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Bluegrass makes me happy.

URL icon « Reply #14 on: March 04, 2007, 06:51:16 PM »

Any more Telluriders from Maine???????
IP address Logged

"A lot of the artists collaborate with one another on stage throughout the festival, leaving fans and musicians alike in awe. A bunch of us are old friends, and when we get here we want to band together... Anything goes here, people are ready for any kind of music." Sammy B on TBF
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC