Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 10:46:30 PM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  HOPE- Check In
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: HOPE- Check In  (Read 20012 times)
Debbiefromtucson
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « on: May 03, 2010, 06:08:23 PM »

Sounds like things got much worse today in Music City. I'm worried about Hope. Anyone have a contact or heard from her today? If you do,let me know
IP address Logged

Debbie from Tucson
Auntie Hope
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 11:22:19 PM »

I'm good. Thanks to EVERYONE that has been checking in on me.

To Deb from Tucson:
Bad news...
Remember being in the Opryland hotel last summer? Well....
The water, just before 2 pm today, was just under the catwalk bridges in the atrium areas that were just down from your hotel room.

The entire Opryland area on the Cumberland River is under water.

The GREAT NEWS:
The Station Inn is just fine. The building did not even have it's normal leaks during this storm, which is a miracle in it's self.

The Ryman Auditorium, where the Birth of Bluegrass took place by Bill Monroe and The Bluegrass Boys of Kentucky, is HIGH AND DRY! There was a rumor floating around this morning that they were sandbagging the Ryman. It was a false rumor. I personally went downtown today and walked directly to the Ryamn and it is fine, Just fine!

However... The Counrty Music Hall of Fame does have major water damage to the basement and theater areas of the building. The CMHoF faces Demonbruen Street in downtown Nashville and lies between 4th Ave and 5th Ave South. It is between those two streets that the river has risen to today.

For those from Nashville, The Schermerhorn Symphony Center, that was opened by Bela Fleck, Zakir Hussain and Edgar Meyer in October of 2006, has major water damage to the basement and main floor areas.

If you have any other questions about the flooding in Nashville please post them here and I will do my best to get you and answer as quickly as possible. Right now it's late and my brain is just farting out on me in this mess.

For anyone looking for work, there are several ServePro franchises looking for help in the greater Nashville area! The do recovery work after fire and flood damage!

Again, thanks everyone!

Love,
Auntie Hope  :festivarian2 :green
IP address Logged

InFleckIt! at Hippo Campus
Debbiefromtucson
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 11:29:31 PM »

Thanks Hope.. I was worried..

To Deb from Tucson:
Bad news...
Remember being in the Opryland hotel last summer? Well....
The water, just before 2 pm today, was just under the catwalk bridges in the atrium areas that were just down from your hotel room.

The entire Opryland area on the Cumberland River is under water.

YES, this is what I heard that got me so worried.... Simply amazing.. OTOH, for some reason, THIS YEAR the Elementary chess national was this past weekend in ATL.. Could you imagine what it would be if the tourney had been at the Gaylord this year as usual????

IP address Logged

Debbie from Tucson
Auntie Hope
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 11:36:20 PM »

Yes Deb, that though had crossed my mind. As it was, 1500 guest were evacuated to a high school, all adults. If it had been like last year at the chess tourny, that would have been 6000 kids and their parents and tour guides.

Lucky break for all!  Thumbs Up

By the way, water in those Tornado tunnels were the first sign of trouble on Saturday. I thought of Matthew first when the news came over the wire.  Flower

Now Playing icon Listening to: the silence of late night in Nashville
IP address Logged

Matt and Becky
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 08:58:44 AM »

My Dad's friend is the musical director at the Opry and he said they lost all of the old vintage guitars, the entire museum collection, and the entire musical archive... basically everything.  All of it is flooded in sewage and fuel.  Truly a sad day.  We just lost a serious piece of Americana.
IP address Logged
BluegrassDustin
Administrator
...is kind of a big deal

Festivation rating 420

Living Life With Delusions Of Banjur

URL icon « Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 09:23:09 AM »

My Dad's friend is the musical director at the Opry and he said they lost all of the old vintage guitars, the entire museum collection, and the entire musical archive... basically everything.  All of it is flooded in sewage and fuel.  Truly a sad day.  We just lost a serious piece of Americana.

Frown
IP address Logged

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those
who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Seuss

"An intellectual snob is someone who can listen to the William Tell Overture and not think of The Lone Ranger."   -Dan Rather
Debbiefromtucson
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 11:47:48 AM »

Truly heartbreaking news......

1st New Orleans, now Nashville....

IP address Logged

Debbie from Tucson
Auntie Hope
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 09:35:31 PM »

"entire musical archive"

Are we talking about all the recorded shows of the Opry Radio Program?

Auntie Hope
IP address Logged

landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

3 chord's and a story that's me

URL icon « Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 07:28:10 AM »

"entire musical archive"

Auntie Hope
Surely they must of saved and archived many of the most memerable items. Don't you think? If not what a terrible loss.
Glad your OK Hope. Flower
IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
Auntie Hope
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 06:42:38 PM »

"entire musical archive"

Auntie Hope
Surely they must of saved and archived many of the most memerable items. Don't you think? If not what a terrible loss.
Glad your OK Hope. Flower

The offices of WSM, the radio station that airs 'The Grand Ole Opry' are in the lobby area of the The Opryland Hotel.  huh
IP address Logged

Hippie
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 06:49:16 PM »

Wave I am home tonight if you can call.

:peace
IP address Logged

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves. - Will Rogers
Matt and Becky
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 08:37:51 PM »

All my dad said was that the Opry lost its museum and all of the archived music, film, etc.  I'm not exactly sure what all that entails, but I know it ain't good.
IP address Logged
Matt and Becky
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 08:39:37 PM »

ps - glad to hear you are okay Hope. 
IP address Logged
Auntie Hope
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #13 on: May 05, 2010, 10:10:35 PM »

Matt and Becky - thanks, it's good to be one of those that is safe.

Hippie - I sent you a PM.

Thanks Again All for the Love pouring in on the forum and Facebook from all over the country. Lord knows the national media has only give Nashville 15 minutes of air time from what we're hearing.

I did see Jim Cantore from the weather Channel on Monday afternoon. That we pretty cool!

IP address Logged

landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

3 chord's and a story that's me

URL icon « Reply #14 on: May 06, 2010, 06:25:43 AM »

From Sammy
We are deeply saddened by not only the loss of life and devastation, but the destruction of The Grand Ole Opry, the flooding of parts of the entertainment district and other historic Nashville sites and sounds. It is absolutely heartbreaking. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all of those affected, and we want everyone to know how to help. The Red Cross and Hands On Nashville are hard at work to help those in need and repair the city. Please reach out to them.

http://www.redcross.org/

http://www.hon.org

We are thankful for our safety and hope that you and yours are all right.

If you are able please give a donation on behalf of Sammy and all the others we love so much.

Thank you

Mik
IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
Pages: [1] 2 Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC