Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 09:13:05 PM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Thank you Planet Bluegrass!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Thank you Planet Bluegrass!  (Read 2881 times)
Pen
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « on: March 17, 2010, 09:18:53 AM »

I was the fortunate winner of PB's kind ticket give-away to last nights ETown off their Facebook page.  Thank you so much!

What a show.  Darrell Scott was incredible.  I wasn't familiar with Sharon Jones - but she was a pleasure to watch as well.  That finale was something!

I can't tell you how much my wife and I needed this.  As with many, money's a little tight and we haven't been out in quite a while.  We caught an early dinner before the show and made a night of it.  With 2 kids under 3 at home, it was nice to "be an adult" for a change. 

On a personal note, I didn't realize how much I needed it.  I play mando in an area band.  We do about 30 shows a year.  Consequently, I rarely get out to see other music - any remaining free time is filled with being a parent.  In many ways, music is a job.  In fact, the last show I saw was Rockygrass.  I entered the Boulder Theater not even realizing how much I have missed live music.  My soul was uplifted and, believe it or not, my muse returned.  I found myself inspired to write for the first time in months.

From my wife and I - thank you.
IP address Logged

"How many of you folks have seen that movie "O Brother, Where Ya At?"--Ralph Stanley
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

3 chord's and a story that's me

URL icon « Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 09:59:49 AM »

Pen you are the nicest person on this forum and I'm glad you won those tickets. Well deserved indeed. Which prooves right there that PBG ROCKS!!!!!!!!!  Medal
OK back to shutting up for awhile....... Festivarian
IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
Pages: [1] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC