Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 02:35:33 PM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Picking in Pines info needed
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Picking in Pines info needed  (Read 4281 times)
Debbiefromtucson
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « on: September 13, 2009, 08:53:20 PM »

We are planning on headed up there next week.. but , I need info . What is the venue like? WHat can we bring in? Sunshades? what kind of chairs? How hard is it to get something like night clothes from campsite? How are the vendors for food? What's the camping like? Can we park near tent? etc, etc
Thanks

IP address Logged

Debbie from Tucson
cletusaz
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 01:38:18 AM »

Hi Deb, I'll try to answer as best I can.

The venue is a awesome amphitheater with a nice large covered section with seats provided, behind that there is a grass hillside well suited for blankets and such, it gets flat near the top.  I havn't noticed anyone bringing sunshades inside. They may or may not be permitted for all i know BUT there is alot of shaded space and seating provided, thought it does fill in. 

Last year cars were permitted at the campsites. The distance between camping and the venue is about as far as say, from your campsite in TP to the front edge of the telluride stage.  They provide shuttles but even my fat lazy butt never bothered to use one.

Not sure about the food situation though i do remember at least one vendor on site. beer is available but not cheap.

here is a link to the official rules
http://pickininthepines.org/rules.html

Hope it helps
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 01:42:35 AM by cletusaz » IP address Logged

If you like hard driving traditional bluegrass please check us out. 

www.myspace.com/headlinebluegrass

Thanks and much love!
biscuit_challenge
Kinda digging this festival thing...

Festivation rating 8

Love me some biscuits mmmhmm

URL icon « Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 11:17:24 AM »

Yeah I think the price of beer was/is my only complaint about this festival- very expensive.  I only bought like one or two the whole weekend whilst in the amphitheatre.  You must have the reserve cache of Shlitz waiting in the campground- hehehe.  Seriously, this festival is a great time and there is much fun to be had, especially after dark in the campground.
-Oh yeah Fall is here in N Arizona, at least at night.  Bring your long johns and snuggies!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 11:44:24 AM by biscuit_challenge » IP address Logged

"The point is, how do you know the Guarantee Fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer?" -Tommy Callahan
Debbiefromtucson
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 07:39:41 PM »

Oh yeah Fall is here in N Arizona, at least at night.  Bring your long johns and snuggies

How cold is it getting?
IP address Logged

Debbie from Tucson
biscuit_challenge
Kinda digging this festival thing...

Festivation rating 8

Love me some biscuits mmmhmm

URL icon « Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 03:11:32 PM »

Upper 30s/low 40s- very similiar to what it's like in Telluride at night during TBF. We have been leaving the windows open at night for months, but Monday night was the first time I had to close them.
I don't believe there are any fire restrictions because we've had some precip lately; so there will be many a warm fire in the campground.
Hope that helped Wave
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 03:14:00 PM by biscuit_challenge » IP address Logged

"The point is, how do you know the Guarantee Fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer?" -Tommy Callahan
Pages: [1] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC