Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 02:33:38 PM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  R.I.P. Les Paul
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: R.I.P. Les Paul  (Read 2762 times)
Cindy Lou
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « on: August 13, 2009, 02:27:56 PM »

A true legend in our time passed away today at the age of 94.  His invention certainly changed MY life, and just about everyone who likes music can thank him for what he contributed to the industry.

Les Paul, born Lester William Polfuss in Waukesha WI, invented the solid-body electric guitar later wielded by a legion of rock 'n' roll greats.
"Without Les Paul, we would not have rock and roll as we know it," said Terry Stewart, president of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum. "His inventions created the infrastructure for the music and his playing style will ripple through generations. He was truly an architect of rock and roll."
Read the whole story here:
http://new.music.yahoo.com/les-paul/news/guitar-legend-inventor-les-paul-dies-at-age-94--61992735
IP address Logged

"The most important thing is to find out what is the most important thing. "  (Shunryu Suzuki)
ilovethelorax
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 11:10:27 PM »

"I never go to my dressing room," said Paul. "I go right off that stage and I go over and talk to 'em at the bar, at the tables. I think the most important thing to do is to get out there and do what you were put on this Earth to do. And I know mine was to love the guitar and play it and to be with other people."

And that's how Les Paul should be remembered.

from  here (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=111845182) where there are also some links to some nice quotes from the man himself may he rest in peace.
IP address Logged

I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music.

George Eliot (1819-1880)
Pages: [1] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC