Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 02:28:50 PM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Camp Chairs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Camp Chairs  (Read 13794 times)
Doc Mike
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « on: July 09, 2009, 05:09:58 PM »

I could use some advice on camp chairs without arms that lend themselves to pickin'.   pickin :peace  Any suggestions?

Now Playing icon Listening to: Sam Bush Band-Mahavishnu Mountain Boys-TBF 2009
IP address Logged

We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams.
~Willy Wonka
Hippie
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 05:20:35 PM »

Thumbs Up Check this one out:

Cabellas wooden camp stool

Or get in touch with Cindy Lou, her buddy Dan has a cool design that uses recycled materials.

:peace
IP address Logged

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves. - Will Rogers
Doc Mike
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 06:25:22 PM »

Thanks Jerry.  I was kind of hoping for one with a back.
IP address Logged

~Willy Wonka
Cindy Lou
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 06:51:01 PM »

He's supposed to be working on one with a back.  I'll see if I can light a fire under him to get this done, and if he makes one, you can try it out!  I have some non-foldable chairs that would work, but I don't think I could transport them, unfortunately.
IP address Logged

"The most important thing is to find out what is the most important thing. "  (Shunryu Suzuki)
ilovethelorax
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 12:43:26 AM »

Ma and Pa Biddle have some killer chairs. I think they even purchased them from PB years ago. They're like these : http://www.beachchairs.com/beach-chairs/beach-chairs/blueridgechair.cfm . Comfortable and they travel flat (seat comes out and then stows next to back.

Now Playing icon Listening to: Whale Wars
IP address Logged

I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music.

George Eliot (1819-1880)
ilovethelorax
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 01:48:21 AM »

Wow. This one looks sweet! http://gadgetynews.com/miesrolo-chair-wood-be-great-at-a-festival-or-picnic/
IP address Logged

I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music.

George Eliot (1819-1880)
TheBanjomatic
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #6 on: July 11, 2009, 10:31:43 AM »

how about this one?

http://www.rei.com/product/765278?cm_mmc=cse_nextag-_-datafeed-_-product-_-765278&mr:referralID=2cba1ca4-6e38-11de-a19a-000423c27407

IP address Logged

If a banjo player picks in the woods, and no one is there to hear him.... is he still making an awful lot of noise?
Cindy Lou
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #7 on: July 11, 2009, 12:40:03 PM »

those are really neat, but says they're not for sale, unfortunately.

Now Playing icon Listening to: koto
IP address Logged

"The most important thing is to find out what is the most important thing. "  (Shunryu Suzuki)
Cindy Lou
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #8 on: July 11, 2009, 12:41:09 PM »

Ma and Pa Biddle have some killer chairs. I think they even purchased them from PB years ago. They're like these : http://www.beachchairs.com/beach-chairs/beach-chairs/blueridgechair.cfm . Comfortable and they travel flat (seat comes out and then stows next to back.
I think he wants some that are regular chair height for pickin'.  Although, if you fall out of those low ones it's not so far before you hit the ground! LOL LOL
IP address Logged

Doc Mike
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #9 on: July 11, 2009, 12:48:35 PM »

Thanks Adam, I tried one off those.  The back bars dig in to your back.  What do the other pickers out there use?
IP address Logged

~Willy Wonka
Cindy Lou
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #10 on: July 11, 2009, 12:50:30 PM »

He's supposed to be working on one with a back.  I'll see if I can light a fire under him to get this done, and if he makes one, you can try it out!  I have some non-foldable chairs that would work, but I don't think I could transport them, unfortunately.

If you do a search from the above menu, and type in "camp stools" it will take you to the photo of the ones he made. I rescued another broken chair from the dumpster so he can make some more. I'll be bringing the 2 we already have, so you can at least try them.
IP address Logged

Doc Mike
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #11 on: July 12, 2009, 09:00:54 AM »

Thanks Cindy! Wave
IP address Logged

~Willy Wonka
bluegrassbass
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 34

URL icon « Reply #12 on: July 14, 2009, 01:05:19 PM »

Harbor freight had some Armless folding camping chairs for $5 each.

IP address Logged

Jim Fischer
Bassist for That Damn Sasquatch
Boogiefool
Festivarian

Festivation rating 42

URL icon « Reply #13 on: July 14, 2009, 02:41:15 PM »

All this talk of camp chairs has got me wondering if Target or Walmart will have any by the time we get to Boulder/Denver/Lyons
IP address Logged

I'm on it 12!!

I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather........not screaming in terror like his passengers!

http://www.myspace.com/boogiefool
Boogiefool
Festivarian

Festivation rating 42

URL icon « Reply #14 on: July 18, 2009, 01:38:26 AM »

Wave The best pickin chair is Target- the Quad Chair $8.99 full back, no arms and folds up in a carry bag. Weight capacity is around 200 Lbs. Really comfy Medal

That's a big mutha of a chair EEK! EEK! :)
IP address Logged

I'm on it 12!!

I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather........not screaming in terror like his passengers!

http://www.myspace.com/boogiefool
Pages: [1] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC