Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 10:19:54 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  New Grass Revival
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: New Grass Revival  (Read 25788 times)
LuAnna
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « on: April 30, 2007, 07:00:39 AM »

Well, it finally happened. Pat, Bela, Johnny C and Sam were all on stage together and played a New Grass tune. When Sam called Pat Flynn out,  I almost fell off my chair. At firstI wasn't sure that I was believing what i was seeing! It was New Grass Plus with Stuart Duncan, Jerry Douglas and others on the stage as well, but the New Grass boys took front and center.  There were people around me who had no idea how monumental is was to see the four of them together. However, a few of us were very aware and very excited. I  did remember to take pictures and will get those up as soon as I get back home.

I think this may have just been a sign that the door is open now for the NGR reunion that people have been wanting. I heard someone someone say that if that happens, it will be at Telluride. Just thinking about that should be putting a grin on your face right now!

LuAnna

IP address Logged
LuAnna
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 07:05:34 AM »

sorry... computer glitch.
IP address Logged
John R
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

...you know this space is getting hot.

URL icon « Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 07:16:39 AM »

hopefully it got recorded.

Now Playing icon Listening to: the nephews upstairs, still talking too loud after i asked them to keep it down for their still sleeping mother.
IP address Logged

"hey man, can I get a copy?", "sure, of what?", "the whole festival"
Wookiee
Small Member

Festivation rating 111

URL icon « Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 01:26:33 PM »

An NGR reunion, and LOS reunion - what's next!?!?!  Only 51 days and counting left until the bagpipes begin to sound!!!!!
IP address Logged
Kaptain Karlos
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

2008 TBF Flamingo Slayer

URL icon « Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 03:26:47 PM »

Well, it finally happened. Pat, Bela, Johnny C and Sam were all on stage together and played a New Grass tune. When Sam called Pat Flynn out,  I almost fell off my chair. At firstI wasn't sure that I was believing what i was seeing! It was New Grass Plus with Stuart Duncan, Jerry Douglas and others on the stage as well, but the New Grass boys took front and center.  There were people around me who had no idea how monumental is was to see the four of them together. However, a few of us were very aware and very excited. I  did remember to take pictures and will get those up as soon as I get back home.
I think this may have just been a sign that the door is open now for the NGR reunion that people have been wanting. I heard someone someone say that if that happens, it will be at Telluride. Just thinking about that should be putting a grin on your face right now!
LuAnna

Every year we all wish for a New Grass reunion... Let's hope it really happens!

The Kaptain  Band
IP address Logged
LuAnna
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 06:25:30 PM »

I don't think Pat Flynn is on the schedule for this summer. The person who theorized that it woulhappen at Telluride didn't say that it would happen THIS summer. And I am thinking that mose people would consider at reunion to mean doing an entire set, right?

LuAnna
IP address Logged
Hippie
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #6 on: April 30, 2007, 06:37:48 PM »

But all good festivarians know how to dream?    Thumbs Up

Right Luanna? Chat with you this evening Flower

Cheers

Now Playing icon Listening to: KPIG 1510
IP address Logged

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves. - Will Rogers
Dean
Small Member

Festivation rating 20

URL icon « Reply #7 on: April 30, 2007, 09:54:21 PM »

I don't think Pat Flynn is on the schedule for this summer. The person who theorized that it woulhappen at Telluride didn't say that it would happen THIS summer. And I am thinking that mose people would consider at reunion to mean doing an entire set, right?
Or, at least, just the four of them side by side on stage. Been a long time since '89.

Dean

Now Playing icon Listening to: The Iguanas - Nuevo Boogaloo
IP address Logged

"There are a number of mechanical devices which increase sexual arousal, particularly in women. Chief among these is the Mercedes-Benz 380SL convertible." -- P. J. O'Rourke
LuAnna
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #8 on: May 01, 2007, 03:44:52 PM »

well, I do have pictures of them all together.. side by side on the same stage.  I am glad I had the presence of mind to reach for my camera!

LuAnna
IP address Logged
sired

Festivation rating 6

URL icon « Reply #9 on: May 01, 2007, 10:37:31 PM »

I am so envious. In fact I am not sure even how to spell that word, I have never had to before!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When Steamboat Paul told me the news, my knees buckled....
Thanks for sharing!!!!!! And I am not sure when my husband took on the superhero of Steamboat Paul, but I sure like how good he feels about being part of the big family... Thanks Luanna for keeping the connections...
HillARY
IP address Logged
trulyb

Festivation rating 1

URL icon « Reply #10 on: May 04, 2007, 01:23:12 PM »

I was there with LuAnna, and it was pretty amazing, with Sam fully aware of what he was doing. He referred to bringing out the fellas for an NGR song. But I really don't think most people GOT it since it was otherwise in the middle of a jam with shifting pickers. It was a privilege to share the moment, and I'm glad LuAnna had the presence of mind to get out her camera because I was too thunderstruck.

Witness for LuAnna,
Truly
IP address Logged
BluegrassDustin
Administrator
...is kind of a big deal

Festivation rating 420

Living Life With Delusions Of Banjur

URL icon « Reply #11 on: May 04, 2007, 02:07:45 PM »

speaking of....

WHERE ARE THE PICTURES, LUANNA?!?!  Looking

Wink
IP address Logged

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those
who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Seuss

"An intellectual snob is someone who can listen to the William Tell Overture and not think of The Lone Ranger."   -Dan Rather
BillyBeru
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

"Good evening, music lovers!"

URL icon « Reply #12 on: May 04, 2007, 02:44:45 PM »

The natives are hungry.  horsey We want the pictures!!!
IP address Logged

"How many of you have been at the festival all four days?"
TellurideTom
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 426

URL icon « Reply #13 on: May 04, 2007, 03:01:30 PM »

IP address Logged

Happy Trails....Wave

You can check out my Domain site or follow me on Facebook
Hippie
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #14 on: May 04, 2007, 05:31:19 PM »

OK Craig !!!!
We know the reunion is possible. Thumbs Up When will you announce it for TBF? Wave

Cheers

Now Playing icon Listening to: Wake the Dead - Live at Dead on the Creek
IP address Logged

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves. - Will Rogers
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC