Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:49:10 PM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Size matters
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Size matters  (Read 2312 times)
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

3 chord's and a story that's me

URL icon « on: November 10, 2021, 07:19:38 AM »

50,000 8 dead. A fest a place to have fun. Wow blew me away and made me remember. One year PBG increased the amount of tickets they sold. I was front and center as always. The crowd stated moving forward and pinned me against the fence. I turned around and said move back and I will never forget the mans face behind me. He was afraid and he was pinned as well had this terrified look in his eyes I will never forget. A set break and I flew out of there and never stood front annd center again for years I stood stage left. I was traumatized fer sure.
The next year PBG reduced size again and there was room to move once more.

I admire PBG for not being so profit driven . They are on it and I for 1 am very appreciative. Hugs all around PBG! Always an outstanding job of crowd flow and control. Thank you for lookin out for us.
IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
420Sugaree
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

shake it, shake it, Sugaree

URL icon « Reply #1 on: November 11, 2021, 12:09:27 PM »

Track 1 quote on Jer's birthday: "You don't want to have corrugated people." — from 39-second long Phil Lesh comments, Roosevelt Stadium, Aug 1, 1973, at the beginning of the show, as I was getting set to tape our Boys.

Love ya, LandShark!
IP address Logged

Turn on your Lovelight... and leave it ON!
MrEdyoulis
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 248

URL icon « Reply #2 on: November 16, 2021, 09:55:01 PM »

Funny you mention the Dead.  I went to the Bill Graham Memorial "Laughter, Love and Music" in 1991 and was about ten rows from the rail as the Dead and Neil Young wailed, with 300K behind me.  No one was pushing.  It was tight, no question, but I never felt in danger.  Just surrounded by "good grief" (Wavy Gravy quote).

Plenty of other smaller shows were scary AF due to aggressive crowd movement. 
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 09:56:46 PM by MrEdyoulis » IP address Logged
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

3 chord's and a story that's me

URL icon « Reply #3 on: November 20, 2021, 06:51:22 AM »

Track 1 quote on Jer's birthday: "You don't want to have corrugated people." — from 39-second long Phil Lesh comments, Roosevelt Stadium, Aug 1, 1973, at the beginning of the show, as I was getting set to tape our Boys.

Love ya, LandShark!

I like seein your post. Where ya been. Meet you in June by the river near the gate. Hope all is well 420Sugaree.
IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
Pages: [1] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC