Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 04:09:21 PM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Location of Umbrella Chairs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Location of Umbrella Chairs  (Read 5760 times)
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

3 chord's and a story that's me

URL icon « on: April 23, 2018, 08:56:10 PM »

A serious question. There are low umbrella chairs and there are high ones as well. Question would be where would the umbrella nation be. If we are in the back I higher one so we can see but if we are allowed up front a low one is needed.

So the question is location, location, location. Are there any restrictions?
IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
swander99
Old Timer

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 10:56:36 AM »

Not a fan of any umbrella use in the "low back" area for shade, unless said user is laying down. Sitting behind a shade chair, low or high, sucks. IMHO, the "umbrella nation" would be in the back, in front of the vendors, and not in front of the "sun shade (pop-up) nation". If the weather is bad, I would have a different humble opinion.  Bag

Now Playing icon Listening to: LIVE FROM HERE is awesome. Can't wait for TBF Saturday! SKOL Chris!
IP address Logged

HEEN!
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

3 chord's and a story that's me

URL icon « Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 01:24:49 PM »

Not a fan of any umbrella use in the "low back" area for shade, unless said user is laying down. Sitting behind a shade chair, low or high, sucks. IMHO, the "umbrella nation" would be in the back, in front of the vendors, and not in front of the "sun shade (pop-up) nation". If the weather is bad, I would have a different humble opinion.  Bag
Umbrellas suck don't they? However they have these new chairs low with an umbrella that is high over head and sit in an oblong shape so it projects only on top not beyond the chair. Interesting and I am a flippin willow and will adjust my needs to my age. Music should not include suffrage.LOL.
First solo trip and i have to make sure I am fluffy and happy.

Can you bring me a cold one now and again? LOL! Maybe a big fan and a foot rub? LOL
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 01:39:10 PM by landshark » IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
TRL
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Ready to go!

URL icon « Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 09:14:08 PM »

What's better that umbrella chairs ....wheelchair umbrellas (w/ cup holders ) Cheers
IP address Logged
ToddG
Old Timer

Festivation rating 420

Let's Pick!

URL icon « Reply #4 on: April 26, 2018, 12:20:02 AM »

What about one of those umbrella hats! That way you get to keep a fashion statement going while blocking those evil sun rays, and you keep the folks behind you happy. Thats a win, win, win.
IP address Logged

How come they don't turn the banjo up?
swander99
Old Timer

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #5 on: April 26, 2018, 11:51:46 AM »

What about one of those umbrella hats! That way you get to keep a fashion statement going while blocking those evil sun rays, and you keep the folks behind you happy. Thats a win, win, win.

Yep, that's me. I have the umbrella hat, and that works. But I still use my KAVU that I bought at TBF25. (my first) Works great, looks great, even in it's 20th year.

http://www.kavu.com/Product/175/Chillba.aspx

Now Playing icon Listening to: Dave & Gillian
IP address Logged

HEEN!
eddiewess
Small Member

Festivation rating 13

URL icon « Reply #6 on: May 11, 2018, 05:50:19 PM »

I remember my first visit to PBG.  It was the Saturday of the 1999 Rockygrasd.  It started raining in the afternoon, and we @nd everyoneone else whipped out umbrellas and sheets of plastic.  With the rain hitting all of those surfaces it became almost impossible to hear the music.

Now Playing icon Listening to: Rain on the Roof
IP address Logged
Pages: [1] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC