Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 12:56:30 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Big, Green Eggs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Big, Green Eggs  (Read 7479 times)
Debbiefromtucson
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « on: June 04, 2008, 11:41:50 AM »

I'm thinking of getting Steve one of these for a father's day present. Anyone here ever used one? Feedback please
IP address Logged

Debbie from Tucson
tahoe gypsy
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 420

Bacon is the root of all Evil

URL icon « Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 12:39:21 PM »

Are you talking about the Japanese smoker?
Kaptain Karlos might be the guy to ask, in fact
He is the guy to ask,
Christy
IP address Logged
Mark in Alabama
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Got DukTape?

URL icon « Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 12:51:05 PM »

They are fantastic smokers.  The ceramic sides are great for keeping fairly even heat.  The only problem I ever encountered when using one was the size of the grill space.  I could find a way to get a whole hog up in there, or even more than 1 or 2 butts.  They are great for family applictaions, but won't work if your cooking for a mess load of folks.
 Cheers

Now Playing icon Listening to: the telephone ring
IP address Logged

May All Of Your Days Be Festival Days
Bevin
Old Timer

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 01:54:55 PM »

Mark knows what he's talking about, and has tremendous amounts of barbecue cred.  Seriously. 

You wanna see Mark in action - we'll be doing a pot of Chicken Bog one night here pretty soon.
IP address Logged

Copyright 2009, a production of Camp Totally Lit - All rights reserved

"There's always a Clapper."
Hippie
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 02:13:35 PM »

I'm thinking of getting Steve one of these for a father's day present. Anyone here ever used one? Feedback please

If you're talking about one of those Japanese clay cookers.... They take a bit of learning to drive. They are also very efficient and fun, the meat tastes excellent. I have worked with about ten different ones through the years. I find that they eventually crack or get moldy in the coastal climate here, lifespan seems to be about the same as a weber kettle. They are also pretty heavy, thus hard to move. My money is now on the weber kettles for portability and versatility, your needs may vary.

I'm sure others have their own opinions , which they will be happy to share.....  LOL LOL LOL

Cheers - 8 more days t departure

IP address Logged

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves. - Will Rogers
tahoe gypsy
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 03:29:15 PM »

Okay,
I feel kinda silly but when is Fathers day? huh
After TBF? Cause Kaptain Karlos is bringing his Weber smoker so you could check it out....
IP address Logged
Tiki Bar Lara
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 04:25:44 PM »

Okay,
After TBF? Cause Kaptain Karlos is bringing his Weber smoker so you could check it out....

Father's day is the Sunday before the festival, I believe.  That would be the 15th.  And I think that would be a much appreciated Father's Day present. 
IP address Logged

...there won't be nothin but big ol' hearts dancin' in our eyes.
tahoe gypsy
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 04:29:16 PM »

Okay,

Father's day is the Sunday before the festival, I believe.  That would be the 15th.  And I think that would be a much appreciated Father's Day present. 

Yeah it definitely beats the gardening gloves I am giving my dad! Flower
IP address Logged
Tiki Bar Lara
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 04:35:49 PM »

Okay,

Maybe your Dad would appreciate a little herbal plant that he could put those gardening gloves to use with?  Bet you could find something up there in Nothern Cali?   Wink

IP address Logged

...there won't be nothin but big ol' hearts dancin' in our eyes.
tahoe gypsy
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #9 on: June 04, 2008, 05:29:35 PM »

Okay,

Maybe your Dad would appreciate a little herbal plant that he could put those gardening gloves to use with?  Bet you could find something up there in Nothern Cali?   Wink

Yeah, Last Year Sam Bush played White Dove...
I caught my Dad meditating to White Dove after my college graduation party,
Ummm yeah  Pipe 2
I told Sammy about it when I saw him in Tahoe...
 LOL
IP address Logged
Pages: [1] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC