Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 10:35:46 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Telluride Bluegrass Festival (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Pre-fest Activities schedule
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Pre-fest Activities schedule  (Read 116221 times)
Sam
Small Member

Festivation rating 120

URL icon « Reply #75 on: May 16, 2007, 03:32:17 AM »

Hi all,

Sorry to ask this but, in the interest of making myself look stupid, what is a button?

Sam  :)

Now Playing icon Listening to: Stephen kellogg & the Sixers
IP address Logged
Doc Mike
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #76 on: May 16, 2007, 06:09:52 AM »

Hi all,

Sorry to ask this but, in the interest of making myself look stupid, what is a button?

Sam  :)

Sam, over the last few years, LuAnna has given us an amazing gift  Flower by preparing buttons with a TBF picture and the name of pretty much anyone on the old list who wanted one.  We have chipped in to help with her costs, but she does work very hard to prepare them.  Whip  With this new list, I can't imagine the number of requests she will have!

Rhonny, you can count me in for the donation bowl. Thumbs Up

LuAnna, I think the marker idea would work great this year.  Thank you so much in advance. Clap   Butterfly Dr. Love

Now Playing icon Listening to: My son asking for breakfast
IP address Logged

We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams.
~Willy Wonka
Punchy
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

FESTIVAAAAAAL!!!!!

URL icon « Reply #77 on: May 16, 2007, 09:56:02 AM »

oh....... deep breath.... i am not quite ready for all of this... but close... uh... i have to figure out if I can even afford such an undertaking this year.... and then i have to find at least two full days to devote to making them.  Do I need two functioning eyes to do that or will one do?

(you know I am going to do them... I just have to convince myself that i can!)

Flower
LuAnna
I'll rub your feet  Thumbs Up

I'll set up a "blind" donation bowl... that way you should get enough money to cover the cost.

Will that help LuAnna?

xoxo

I'll glady throw in a "blind" donation  Thumbs Up
IP address Logged

"I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”

They are my friends because ... I forget ... they're just my friends.
Monkeygirl
URL icon « Reply #78 on: May 16, 2007, 10:59:07 AM »

Smart-alec!

I only say that because I know that LuAnna is a tad uncomfortable with asking for money for the buttons.  This takes any pressure off of LuAnna and allows people to contribute an amount that is comfortable for them.

We should all keep in mind... LuAnna has been doing this out of the kindness of her heart for a few years now.  It's costly...

xoxo
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 11:55:51 AM by Monkeygirl » IP address Logged
Punchy
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

FESTIVAAAAAAL!!!!!

URL icon « Reply #79 on: May 16, 2007, 11:39:40 AM »

Smart-alec!

I only say that because I know that LuAnna is a tad uncomfortable with asking for money for the buttons.  This takes any pressure off of LuAnna and allows people to contribute an amount that comfortable for them.

We should all keep in mind... LuAnna has been doing this out of the kindness of her heart for a few years now.  It's costly...

xoxo

Are you referring to me with that smart-alec remark?  And, this from the person whose favorite picture pose is sitting on a seat made by Standard!!!  Rollin

My offer still stands...I not making a contribution for the button...I'm making a reciprocal act of kindness for LuAnna's genorosity.

Cheers
IP address Logged

Monkeygirl
URL icon « Reply #80 on: May 16, 2007, 11:57:22 AM »

Smart-alec!

I only say that because I know that LuAnna is a tad uncomfortable with asking for money for the buttons.  This takes any pressure off of LuAnna and allows people to contribute an amount that comfortable for them.

xoxo

Are you referring to me with that smart-alec remark?  And, this from the person whose favorite picture pose is sitting on a seat made by Standard!!!  Rollin

My offer still stands...I not making a contribution for the button...I'm making a reciprocal act of kindness for LuAnna's genorosity.

Cheers

Just keep it up there Michael... I'll sic my friend Daniela on you!

xoxo
IP address Logged
Punchy
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

FESTIVAAAAAAL!!!!!

URL icon « Reply #81 on: May 16, 2007, 12:04:05 PM »

Smart-alec!

xoxo

Cheers

Just keep it up there Michael... I'll sic my friend Daniela on you!

xoxo

My humblest apologies...the last thing I want is the wrath of the Goddesses!!! EEK!

Rollin
IP address Logged

Monkeygirl
URL icon « Reply #82 on: May 16, 2007, 12:05:52 PM »

No wrath...  no worries...

Just HEEEEN!

and FESTIIIVAAAALLLLL!!!

xoxo
IP address Logged
Punchy
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

FESTIVAAAAAAL!!!!!

URL icon « Reply #83 on: May 16, 2007, 12:08:55 PM »

No wrath...  no worries...

Just HEEEEN!

and FESTIIIVAAAALLLLL!!!

xoxo

ALRIGHT...I got me some more HEEN!!!

Woo hoo Woo hoo :hop :hop Woo hoo Woo hoo
IP address Logged

Daniela
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 140

"Dainty Flower"

URL icon « Reply #84 on: May 16, 2007, 12:17:53 PM »

I'll gladly pitch in!!  LuAnna, where do you live?  Maybe there's a festivarian out there who lives close enough to you to come help!!   Flower Flower
IP address Logged

Can we leave RIGHT NOW??
Kaptain Karlos
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

2008 TBF Flamingo Slayer

URL icon « Reply #85 on: May 16, 2007, 07:23:20 PM »

oh....... deep breath.... i am not quite ready for all of this... but close... uh... i have to figure out if I can even afford such an undertaking this year.... and then i have to find at least two full days to devote to making them.  Do I need two functioning eyes to do that or will one do?
(you know I am going to do them... I just have to convince myself that i can!)
 Flower
LuAnna

LuAnna is a goddess!  Buttons are her gift!  Lovely LuAnna has been producing buttons for us listavarians since TBF 2003?  They are the best!  Mine are on display in my home for all to see (except for one... that Monkeygirl's holding hostage) Maybe we could help you out by assembling in camp?  Please bring the buttons LuAnna...  Flower

The Kaptain
IP address Logged
Debbiefromtucson
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #86 on: May 16, 2007, 10:32:20 PM »

Oh no- we can't have NO bloody's..... They are my favorite pre-fest activity , I think... Well, one of  my faves.. Those are the best bloody's anywhere... We'll do them!!! Send me the exact recipe though.....
IP address Logged

Debbie from Tucson
Debbiefromtucson
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #87 on: May 16, 2007, 10:33:33 PM »

Oh and we would love buttons too but we do have old ones that can work.... I think the blank buttons and sharpie idea is great too...
IP address Logged

Debbie from Tucson
LuAnna
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #88 on: May 17, 2007, 02:53:49 AM »

oh gosh 3:30 in the morning and i just woke up to shut down the laptop and go to bed.   

EEK! yikes...
 look at all of this that I missed...

okay... well, the recipe for the bloodies was NEVER exact. Just the usual ingredients in about the same proportions but large enough to fill a five gallon bucket and the horseradish had to be the creamy kind. Then there was a large container of secret spices that was premixed before the festival.. I have no idea what all was in that!

buttons... I think the best thing for me to do is come up with a good way to collect the names so that I will not have to dig through all these threads and find them myself. i hate it when people get left out.  So I usually ask to be emailed off list.. and yes, there are guidelines.. these buttons are only about 2.24 inches in diameter..  not a lot of room for long drawn out names so something like arcticdesertnomad doesn't really fit very well.  Mostly I just put first names...

so... PLEASE hold off for a little while.... and I will be ready to start the list and begin the project. thanks for being patient. i know I usually start collecting the names long before this but  i am actually trying to be MORE organized this year.   LOL

Cheers
LuAnna

« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 10:44:03 AM by LuAnna » IP address Logged
LuAnna
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #89 on: May 17, 2007, 10:46:53 AM »

oh.. and I will put it my post someplace other than in the Telluride Board because some list member / Festivarian people may not be attending TBF but will be at RG or Folks.. and I make them all at once. 

Now Playing icon Listening to: just the ringing in my ears... not pretty
IP address Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC