Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 08:33:14 PM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Dead & Co.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Dead & Co.  (Read 28802 times)
BuckeyeDog
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « on: December 01, 2016, 04:26:49 PM »

While we'll be in Telluride, the Dead & Co. will be in Fenway Park. Here is their summer tour schedule.
http://www.jambase.com/article/dead-company-announces-summer-tour-2017

IP address Logged
FaceOnMars
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 09:49:34 AM »

I'm curious what Colorado residents (or even interested travelers) will be doing who would normally be hovering about for the landrush on Saturday? Since the Boulder shows are on Fri/Sat ... it'd force said people to roll in sometime on Sunday (a day "late").

Personally, I'd NEVER miss either of the Folsom Field shows in favor of "improving" my camp's "position".
IP address Logged

RIP Rob Wasserman
Furnal
Small Member

Festivation rating 69

URL icon « Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 04:57:29 PM »

Thinking about making the Folsom shows. But somewhat worried about seeing a show on a college campus... Or should I not be worried? Just seems strange, any advice/tips?

Now Playing icon Listening to: 1974/07/31 Hartford, CT
IP address Logged

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived."
mountainjam
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 08:34:04 AM »

I'm curious what Colorado residents (or even interested travelers) will be doing who would normally be hovering about for the landrush on Saturday? Since the Boulder shows are on Fri/Sat ... it'd force said people to roll in sometime on Sunday (a day "late").

Personally, I'd NEVER miss either of the Folsom Field shows in favor of "improving" my camp's "position".

Long-time Deadhead here that will happily be missing Dead & Co to be in Telluride. Getting to Telluride early isn't about "improving" our camp's "position", it's about spending time with great friends in one of the best places on earth during the best week of the year.
IP address Logged
troutbum
Small Member

Festivation rating 42

URL icon « Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 12:03:01 PM »

Went last year to the Saturday show and had a great time, but CU had the campus pretty well controlled. Limited times for tailgating and parking a decent walk from the venue. If you're looking for Shakedown Street you probably won't find it outside Folsom. Inside it was a solid venue. We paid for the least expensive seats and were able to move down quite a bit as they hadn't sold out.
IP address Logged
FaceOnMars
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #5 on: December 05, 2016, 03:01:43 PM »

Went last year to the Saturday show and had a great time, but CU had the campus pretty well controlled. Limited times for tailgating and parking a decent walk from the venue. If you're looking for Shakedown Street you probably won't find it outside Folsom. Inside it was a solid venue. We paid for the least expensive seats and were able to move down quite a bit as they hadn't sold out.

troutbum, did you walk to the east of the stadium (on Colorado)? ... there was a pretty full on Shakedown in a lot on the corner of Colorado and 28th.   Otherwise, didn't pay attention to parking ... but yeah, didn't seem like there was a "giant lot(s)" like at Red Rocks or Dicks.   Stayed at Millenium Harvest which was a very short walk, made reservations there early last year ... so got a decent rate.  This year, it's through the roof!
IP address Logged

RIP Rob Wasserman
FaceOnMars
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #6 on: December 05, 2016, 03:17:02 PM »

Long-time Deadhead here that will happily be missing Dead & Co to be in Telluride. Getting to Telluride early isn't about "improving" our camp's "position", it's about spending time with great friends in one of the best places on earth during the best week of the year.

Oh, I know it's not all about the competition and everyone has their own outlook ... was just stating my personal take on things ... especially in light of their age at this point in the game.

There's always Salt Lake City on the front end of the land rush ... at 20k capacity, I imagine there will be deals to be had come day of show.
IP address Logged

RIP Rob Wasserman
FaceOnMars
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #7 on: December 05, 2016, 03:19:21 PM »

Thinking about making the Folsom shows. But somewhat worried about seeing a show on a college campus... Or should I not be worried? Just seems strange, any advice/tips?

I believe the venue holds somewhere in the neighborhood of 40k ... and of the two dates last summer, the largest attendance was around 26k.  So barring any "viral" growth in their market demand, I think you could safely wait until day of show to decide ... however, hotels in Boulder look to be expensive for those two days.
IP address Logged

RIP Rob Wasserman
troutbum
Small Member

Festivation rating 42

URL icon « Reply #8 on: December 06, 2016, 08:35:05 AM »

troutbum, did you walk to the east of the stadium (on Colorado)? ... there was a pretty full on Shakedown in a lot on the corner of Colorado and 28th.   Otherwise, didn't pay attention to parking ... but yeah, didn't seem like there was a "giant lot(s)" like at Red Rocks or Dicks.   Stayed at Millenium Harvest which was a very short walk, made reservations there early last year ... so got a decent rate.  This year, it's through the roof!
[/quote]

Hey Face, we parked in official CU parking south of the stadium. It didn't open until the afternoon and so we hung out there and tailgated before the show. It was pretty mellow overall because it was all pretty spread out on campus. Was the lot you were at off campus?
IP address Logged
billspindler
Kinda digging this festival thing...

Festivation rating 420

me

URL icon « Reply #9 on: December 06, 2016, 07:58:33 PM »

I believe the venue holds somewhere in the neighborhood of 40k ... and of the two dates last summer, the largest attendance was around 26k.  So barring any "viral" growth in their market demand, I think you could safely wait until day of show to decide ... however, hotels in Boulder look to be expensive for those two days.
I live a mile from Folsom Field...it holds 53,000 for football (CU sold out for their last home game this year) but I don't know how many seats they'll set up for the concert. I'm thinking I won't be in Boulder that weekend  Wave :)
IP address Logged

poliebill
FaceOnMars
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #10 on: December 07, 2016, 08:35:48 AM »

Hey Face, we parked in official CU parking south of the stadium. It didn't open until the afternoon and so we hung out there and tailgated before the show. It was pretty mellow overall because it was all pretty spread out on campus. Was the lot you were at off campus?

We actually stayed at the Millenium Harvest a couple blocks away and for pre-show we walked south along 28th until College Ave. and made a right (heading west).  The parking lot immediately on the left (south side of College & just to the west of 28th) was where Shakedown was.   It was a surface lot about 100 x 100 yards and was almost entirely filled with vendors.   From the far western boundary of the shakedown lot, you still had to walk another block or two west along College to be aligned with Folsom Field.  So, I'm guessing you may have been in another lot to the south, but further to the west and perhaps didn't venture east?
IP address Logged

RIP Rob Wasserman
BillyBeru
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

"Good evening, music lovers!"

URL icon « Reply #11 on: December 07, 2016, 10:17:18 AM »

Moderator, please move this thread to the Colorado section as it has zero to do with TBF  Evil
IP address Logged

"How many of you have been at the festival all four days?"
fivetornadoes
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #12 on: December 07, 2016, 11:47:02 AM »

my local Dead & Co. shows don't conflict with this year's TBF.
whew.
IP address Logged
FaceOnMars
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #13 on: December 07, 2016, 12:07:46 PM »

IP address Logged

RIP Rob Wasserman
FaceOnMars
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #14 on: December 07, 2016, 12:08:26 PM »

Sorry, couldn't help myself  Evil

Cheers
IP address Logged

RIP Rob Wasserman
Pages: [1] 2 Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC