Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 10:09:05 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  NO, LA Jazz and Heritage Festival
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: NO, LA Jazz and Heritage Festival  (Read 5560 times)
Courtney
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Festivarians Frolic Frequently

URL icon « on: May 03, 2008, 07:16:52 AM »

Hi all  Wave  As I look around the festival I try to spy the festivarian.  I see the New Orleanian festivarians in full festivarian freak flag frocks.  Yesterday I wished I had a camera.  You know the flags people fly to point out their position in the mass of the audience, I saw one that instead of a flag, it had a blender mounted to the top of the pole.  LOL

For anyone who hasn't been to this one, take the Telluride stage, multiply it by 3, for three separate stages, then take about half the TBF audience, multiply that by 5 and then place all the stages in a big circle with a bunch of food and crafts booths and you might have a close idea of the scale.  It's definitely one of the festival mother ships. EEK!

I go and just wander about.   Flower Yesterday I saw Stevie Wonder.   It started to rain, just after everyone who had it got their rain gear on, it cleared up.  Then just after everyone took off their rain gear, it rained again.  That cycle repeated itself several times.  One can only laugh.   LOL Rolleyes

As for the music, I love it, I love it all.   Trombone Shorty, Soul Rebels, Zydeco, it's all good. 

I spend some time every morning at my house and then head out to the festival in the afternoon.  Today we're probably going to get a thunder shower.  I think I'll be hanging at my house, painting tiles and dreaming of what could be. :)
IP address Logged

Did I remember to tell you how much I love you guys?
Dean
Small Member

Festivation rating 20

URL icon « Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 09:44:35 AM »

The flags are a great tradition here. I've been collecting pix of them for a few years. Here's two of my favorites from yesterday.

IP address Logged

"There are a number of mechanical devices which increase sexual arousal, particularly in women. Chief among these is the Mercedes-Benz 380SL convertible." -- P. J. O'Rourke
Dean
Small Member

Festivation rating 20

URL icon « Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 02:51:06 PM »

I've put up a some more festi-flags on my Flickr stream. Have a look.

Now Playing icon Listening to: Govt Mule, 5/3/08
IP address Logged

"There are a number of mechanical devices which increase sexual arousal, particularly in women. Chief among these is the Mercedes-Benz 380SL convertible." -- P. J. O'Rourke
Auntie Hope
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 04:03:23 PM »

I've put up a some more festi-flags on my Flickr stream. Have a look.

Boot Feddish???  LOL

Auntie Hope  pickin
IP address Logged

InFleckIt! at Hippo Campus
Dean
Small Member

Festivation rating 20

URL icon « Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 06:10:50 PM »

Boot Feddish???  LOL

Auntie Hope  pickin
Yeah, I giggled that to myself, too.  Wink I was astonished at the number of people wearing rubber boots.
IP address Logged

Courtney
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Festivarians Frolic Frequently

URL icon « Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 09:07:33 PM »

Those are the locals who know that flip flops or sandals and the total sludge in the mud gutter from that morning's rain storm just don't mix.

Very nice shots! 

C
IP address Logged

Did I remember to tell you how much I love you guys?
Pages: [1] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC