Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 08:28:22 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Telluride Bluegrass Festival (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  the fence
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: the fence  (Read 50210 times)
Auntie Hope
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #45 on: March 29, 2008, 03:59:27 PM »

A little birdy from production land has recently me informed that in a continuing effort to ease the suffering or our dust sensative fellow festivarians that last year's fence relocation was the first phase of a dust abatement program.  Phase two has been planned for this TBF. A privacy shield will be installed to prevent aggregate dust proliferation from entering town park. Just like the one at Warner Field.

Evil
IP address Logged

InFleckIt! at Hippo Campus
John R
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

...you know this space is getting hot.

URL icon « Reply #46 on: March 30, 2008, 12:33:30 PM »

A little birdy from production land has recently me...

oh my.  better bring the long range cameras and the 60" plasmas instead of building materials. Wink
IP address Logged

"hey man, can I get a copy?", "sure, of what?", "the whole festival"
TellurideTom
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 426

URL icon « Reply #47 on: March 30, 2008, 12:51:56 PM »

A little birdy from production land has recently me informed that in a continuing effort to ease the suffering or our dust sensative fellow festivarians that last year's fence relocation was the first phase of a dust abatement program.  Phase two has been planned for this TBF. A privacy shield will be installed to prevent aggregate dust proliferation from entering town park. Just like the one at Warner Field.

That better be an early April Fool's joke! EEK!
IP address Logged

Happy Trails....Wave

You can check out my Domain site or follow me on Facebook
Auntie Hope
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #48 on: March 30, 2008, 02:21:28 PM »

A little birdy from production land has recently me...

oh my.  better bring the long range cameras and the 60" plasmas instead of building materials. Wink

Oh John, it's nothing even a small cheap chain-saw couldn't handle and they sell those at the hardware store in town. Don't sweat it.

I must admit, the kitchen whenches will be happier with a smaller dust load this year, and now that I think about it Kenny might even get better traction on the tires.

Auntie Hope  pickin
IP address Logged

Kaptain Karlos
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

2008 TBF Flamingo Slayer

URL icon « Reply #49 on: April 01, 2008, 06:51:11 PM »

You've Got to be kidding!  Dust-sensitive festivarians.  If dust is bothersome, camp a little further back in towards the river and waterfall.

Sooo... what's the "privacy shield" going to consist of, and where will it be located?

You know... there's a wood-pulp by-product that's applied to the county dirt roads in my neck of the woods to lock-up the dust and keep it from blowing around.  It's applied via a big water truck, sets-up in a day or two.  It forms a "cap" on the dirt road and lasts the entire summer.  It's all natural, heck, even organic, washes off cars easily if it spatters, and is relatively cheap.  If applied to the access roads in Town Park and along the road to the stage, there would be no reason for a fence.

Please get the folks working on the Dust Abatement Program to look into this stuff.  Planet Bluegrass could, in effect, kill two brids with one stone... the Town Park view issue and the dust issue.

Just my 2 cent's worth...

Kaptain Karlos  Cheers
IP address Logged
TellurideTom
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 426

URL icon « Reply #50 on: April 01, 2008, 06:58:11 PM »

You've Got to be kidding!  Dust-sensitive festivarians.  If dust is bothersome, camp a little further back in towards the river and waterfall.

Sooo... what's the "privacy shield" going to consist of, and where will it be located?

You know... there's a wood-pulp by-product that's applied to the county dirt roads in my neck of the woods to lock-up the dust and keep it from blowing around.  It's applied via a big water truck, sets-up in a day or two.  It forms a "cap" on the dirt road and lasts the entire summer.  It's all natural, heck, even organic, washes off cars easily if it spatters, and is relatively cheap.  If applied to the access roads in Town Park and along the road to the stage, there would be no reason for a fence.

Please get the folks working on the Dust Abatement Program to look into this stuff.  Planet Bluegrass could, in effect, kill two brids with one stone... the Town Park view issue and the dust issue.

Just my 2 cent's worth...

Kaptain Karlos  Cheers

Three cheers for Kaptain Karlos!  Cheers  Cheers  Cheers
IP address Logged

Happy Trails....Wave

You can check out my Domain site or follow me on Facebook
Courtney
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Festivarians Frolic Frequently

URL icon « Reply #51 on: April 01, 2008, 08:27:40 PM »

I can't believe that anyone is seriously considering blocking that fence.  Could it be that if they suggest a dust block shield and then only put up a tall unnecessary chain link we will say "At least they didn't block the view with the dust shield?". 

If I sound suspicious, I am.  I'm in education and all these hoops we are put through, no child left behind for example, instead of addressing the problem of 40 kids in a class and teachers that should be offered early retirement, well it's just driving me nuts lately.  I think it's all in order for someone to say "see, we did everything we could, our kids need vouchers so we can justify putting more money into our private schools."

Sorry, it's a stretch from the fence but really, can't we just make arrangements for a shorter fence.  Is that really such a big deal?  Simplify.
IP address Logged

Did I remember to tell you how much I love you guys?
Auntie Hope
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #52 on: April 01, 2008, 10:36:38 PM »

Hummm.. I kinda read between the lines thinking "Dust Abatement Program " was scarcastic and actually meant non-see-through fencing.

I'm with Courtney....
"can't we just make arrangements for a shorter fence"

...and someone please make sure it's one that Kenny can navigate?

Auntie Hope  pickin
IP address Logged

Kaptain Karlos
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

2008 TBF Flamingo Slayer

URL icon « Reply #53 on: April 02, 2008, 01:26:35 PM »

Guess what...?  I fell for Steamboat Paul's April Fools prank...  :jester ... you know... his post about the Planet's Dust Abatement Program.  Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Paul! That was a good one.

Karlos

Anyway... I still think the dirt road application of Dust-Off would significantly reduce the amount of dirt that settles out on our Town Park and Warner Field campsites... sure would be nice.
IP address Logged
Courtney
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Festivarians Frolic Frequently

URL icon « Reply #54 on: April 08, 2008, 07:53:56 AM »

Guess What Karlos!!  I did too.  But he posted it before April 1 - the fool.

Still, has anyone talked to anyone in PB about the fence.  Dustin and Brian haven't checked in on this thread, have they?  Who's in charge here? huh  LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

IP address Logged

Did I remember to tell you how much I love you guys?
BluegrassDustin
Administrator
...is kind of a big deal

Festivation rating 420

Living Life With Delusions Of Banjur

URL icon « Reply #55 on: April 08, 2008, 08:41:06 AM »

Guess What Karlos!!  I did too.  But he posted it before April 1 - the fool.

Still, has anyone talked to anyone in PB about the fence.  Dustin and Brian haven't checked in on this thread, have they?  Who's in charge here? huh  LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Oh, I've been watching...don't kid yourself. LOL

I think, at least for the time being, Town Hall will just have to live with the fence. I don't know the origins of it, or it's reasoning, etc...but you guys have THE best spot in the whole festival...and you know it. If there is something that can be done, I doubt it will be this year...though I don't have any reasoning to think that. If last year was the first year it was there...it might not even be back this year...who knows? huh  (not me)

With the Jazz Fest being before us this year, and the logistical ramifications of that, I seriously doubt there is room to add another "issue" to the production crew's plate this year.

I haven't weighed in on this issue because I don't really have enough background to do so...last year was my first year visiting you guys up there, and I didn't even realize the fence was an issue....I could see just fine. Flower

And the fact remains that we are...one of..if not THE only festival/ organization that is allowed to use the Bear Creek Preserve to camp...so if the powers that be decide that they need to protect a part of it, we have little control over that. It is an honor and a privilege to be there, and one that we don't intend on jeopardizing anytime soon...nor do you, I'm sure.

That said, it seems that a simply designed something could be hung on the fence, and make for one heck of a pot/pan dryer system. Wink

I also very much like the idea of a crew volunteering to "fix up" or repair/ make better parts of the preserve/ Town Park...I think that is a wonderful idea. What better way to show true Festivarian spirit as well as our appreciation for being allowed to use the wonderful site? That could lead to something in this whole debate...but again, I wouldn't hold my breath for this year.

...just know that I've heard the debate, and will keep it in mind and should the opportunity arise for me to make an appropriate comment about it, I will.

Cheers

(and no more talk about cutting things down, eh? Rolleyes )

Now Playing icon Listening to: Radio Paradise
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 08:48:56 AM by BluegrassDustin » IP address Logged

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those
who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Seuss

"An intellectual snob is someone who can listen to the William Tell Overture and not think of The Lone Ranger."   -Dan Rather
Hippie
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #56 on: April 08, 2008, 11:22:23 AM »

Damn you guys are making me restless

for an important message click here

Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers
IP address Logged

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves. - Will Rogers
BluegrassDustin
Administrator
...is kind of a big deal

Festivation rating 420

Living Life With Delusions Of Banjur

URL icon « Reply #57 on: April 08, 2008, 02:26:21 PM »

LOL

Clap
IP address Logged

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those
who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Seuss

"An intellectual snob is someone who can listen to the William Tell Overture and not think of The Lone Ranger."   -Dan Rather
Kaptain Karlos
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

2008 TBF Flamingo Slayer

URL icon « Reply #58 on: April 08, 2008, 07:06:22 PM »

Damn you guys are making me restless

for an important message click here

Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers

Good one Hippie   Thumbs Up

Karlos
IP address Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC