Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 10:39:01 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Telluride Bluegrass Festival (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  the fence
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: the fence  (Read 50254 times)
Fuzzy of the Herd

Festivation rating 0

URL icon « on: March 19, 2008, 02:28:47 PM »

Just a friendly request to Big John and the folks that set up Town Park.  PLEASE oh PLEASE return the metal boundary fence along the access road to OUTSIDE of the split rail wood fence.  The relocation of that fence last year was a severe bummer and impeded our friend Kenny (who uses a wheelchair) from easy access around our campsite.  Pretty please with sugar on top!

Fuzzy of the Herd 
IP address Logged
Hooch
...is kind of a big deal

Festivation rating 420

Freak Of The Rainbow Pork Lover

URL icon « Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 03:04:43 PM »

I'd like to 2nd that motion!  I know that T.Tom, Jerry, and Karlos were all underwhelmed at the fence location last year as well.
IP address Logged

"There is nothing in the universe more exciting than a piece of bacon."

-Dan Phillips
TellurideTom
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 426

URL icon « Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 03:12:53 PM »

Unfortunately, it's not a decision that Planet Bluegrass staff can make. Frown
It's all up to the manager of Town Park itself, and he felt we were "damaging" his wooden fence. Hopefully he'll be a bit kinder this year, but don't hold your breath. Flower
IP address Logged

Happy Trails....Wave

You can check out my Domain site or follow me on Facebook
Hippie
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 03:36:01 PM »

Can you get his name Tom?

Maybe we could all pen a well thought heartfelt letter to him about the subject.

Heck -  I'd even be willing to volunteer some time to help fix the fence or improve it's structural integrity. We could do the work before or after the festival.

Cheers Cheers Cheers

Now Playing icon Listening to: Kate Mann
IP address Logged

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves. - Will Rogers
TellurideTom
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 426

URL icon « Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 04:14:13 PM »

Then again, Planet Bluegrass could elect to NOT put up the chain link fence in that section. After all, none of us is going to sneak past it to go back stage. Flower
IP address Logged

Happy Trails....Wave

You can check out my Domain site or follow me on Facebook
Auntie Hope
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 12:55:30 AM »

With the exception of the area where Kenny camps, I wouldn't have minded the fence so much if it had been SHORTER!!! Having to look through the chain link to watch the shows from our living room/picking tent was a real BUMMER!!!

Auntie Hope  pickin
IP address Logged

InFleckIt! at Hippo Campus
John R
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

...you know this space is getting hot.

URL icon « Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 01:15:40 AM »

in addition to protecting the wood fence, i believe the chain link fence is there to direct traffic flow in and out of the designated entrance, which in turn protects said fence...

i think in past years, people were using the fence as anchor/support points.  i don't think any amount of letters, no matter who nicely worded, will change Q's mind.
IP address Logged

"hey man, can I get a copy?", "sure, of what?", "the whole festival"
Hooch
...is kind of a big deal

Festivation rating 420

Freak Of The Rainbow Pork Lover

URL icon « Reply #7 on: March 20, 2008, 09:17:45 AM »

How about if they put up one of those "wireless" fences?  That will solve Auntie Hope's issue of the chainlink fence blocking her view and we can all wear those shock collars to keep us away from the split rail.

IP address Logged

"There is nothing in the universe more exciting than a piece of bacon."

-Dan Phillips
TheBanjomatic
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #8 on: March 20, 2008, 09:22:23 AM »

I'm with hooch on this one, they could actually integrate the shock thing into the wrist band!
IP address Logged

If a banjo player picks in the woods, and no one is there to hear him.... is he still making an awful lot of noise?
Auntie Hope
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #9 on: March 20, 2008, 05:29:58 PM »

I'm with hooch on this one, they could actually integrate the shock thing into the wrist band!

ehe.. let's go with the collar for Hooch.  Evil
It wasn't just my problem. Ask Rick how he felt about the fence.

Auntie Hope  pickin
IP address Logged

TheBanjomatic
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #10 on: March 20, 2008, 07:02:26 PM »

i thought there was talk about building some kind of bandstand for seating overlooking the fence?
IP address Logged

If a banjo player picks in the woods, and no one is there to hear him.... is he still making an awful lot of noise?
Maineahhh
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Bluegrass makes me happy.

URL icon « Reply #11 on: March 21, 2008, 01:04:33 PM »

Then again, Planet Bluegrass could elect to NOT put up the chain link fence in that section. After all, none of us is going to sneak past it to go back stage. Flower

Rolleyes
IP address Logged

"A lot of the artists collaborate with one another on stage throughout the festival, leaving fans and musicians alike in awe. A bunch of us are old friends, and when we get here we want to band together... Anything goes here, people are ready for any kind of music." Sammy B on TBF
Courtney
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Festivarians Frolic Frequently

URL icon « Reply #12 on: March 22, 2008, 12:37:23 AM »

I'm with Hope on this one, a shorter chain link would be much less oppressive.  Even if you needed to put a taller one along the road at that stretch.  Quality counts.  You could even put one of those roll up pickets on the camping side of the wooden fence if it's cheaper.  That tall fence is just wrong - and an uncreative solution that is anything but the festivarian spirit we work  huh so hard to keep strong all year round  Flower.   I can't believe that is the only solution.  How much would a second shorter chain link fence cost the festival, we could have a fence drive.  The festival pays for the taller fence on the street, and lets us know how much the shorter fence is to preserve the wood fence. 

Or the Planet could just pay for the shorter fence and the staff could come by and enjoy the amazing cuisine at Run a muck, the over the top picking circles generated by the festi-love of the music, the unending support we all love to show them, and what the heck, we could throw in free toe jobs. 

The planet staff might not be making this decision, but I'm betting they have more direct contact with the park staff that is making the decision.  They could try to sway them with some of their festivarian influence and pixie dust.

Imagine if someone in Lyons could decide to throw up a chain link fence along the river to preserve the river.  Wouldn't you think there would be a better solution?  It's not like we are on that side of the fence and not purchasing festival tickets, it's just a different vantage point.  And it's not like people with TP tickets aren't completely welcome just about anywhere you go.  I'm convinced, anyone else?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 12:40:33 AM by Courtney » IP address Logged

Did I remember to tell you how much I love you guys?
Auntie Hope
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #13 on: March 22, 2008, 12:48:56 AM »

I'm with Hope on this one, a shorter chain link would be much less oppressive.  Even if you needed to put a taller one along the road at that stretch.  Quality counts.  You could even put one of those roll up pickets on the camping side of the wooden fence if it's cheaper.  That tall fence is just wrong - and an uncreative solution that is anything but the festivarian spirit we work  huh so hard to keep strong all year round  Flower.   I can't believe that is the only solution.  How much would a second shorter chain link fence cost the festival, we could have a fence drive.  The festival pays for the taller fence on the street, and lets us know how much the shorter fence is to preserve the wood fence. 

Or the Planet could just pay for the shorter fence and the staff could come by and enjoy the amazing cuisine at Run a muck, the over the top picking circles generated by the festi-love of the music, the unending support we all love to show them, and what the heck, we could throw in free toe jobs. 

The planet staff might not be making this decision, but I'm betting they have more direct contact with the park staff that is making the decision.  They could try to sway them with some of their festivarian influence and pixie dust.

Imagine if someone in Lyons could decide to throw up a chain link fence along the river to preserve the river.  Wouldn't you think there would be a better solution?  It's not like we are on that side of the fence and not purchasing festival tickets, it's just a different vantage point.  And it's not like people with TP tickets aren't completely welcome just about anywhere you go.  I'm convinced, anyone else?

YES! THANKS FOR THE BACK UP YOUR COURTNESS!!!

Auntie Hope  pickin
IP address Logged

John R
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

...you know this space is getting hot.

URL icon « Reply #14 on: March 22, 2008, 01:59:50 AM »

not to be the bubble buster here, but the fence reality is one of control and protection.  the fence is delivered by truck and i doubt changing the order for a handful of shorter pieces is worth the effort, if the fence company even has any.  also, the run-a-muck kitchen does not want to entertain feeding the staff; prep, storage, and capacity would need to increase to the point where jerry would never see a set.  i love coming to run-a-muck, when i do, visiting is primary and music is secondary.  so, if you want to see, go inside.  i know, easy for me to say, as a non TP camper( i wish i could see anything from the river, where i seem to spend a good amount of time Thumbs Up)  you guys have the best seats 'out of the house', embrace it.

again, i'm aware this is all fun and frivolous, but i'm pretty sure the fence you have, you have for life.

Now Playing icon Listening to: snoring dog
IP address Logged

"hey man, can I get a copy?", "sure, of what?", "the whole festival"
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC