Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 10:20:19 PM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Rolling Stones
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Rolling Stones  (Read 3967 times)
Maple Al
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

🍁

URL icon « on: June 04, 2015, 10:56:18 AM »

I saw the greatest rock n roll band ever, again last night in Minneapolis. My 14th Stones show and I would say that they are still rocking out as much as they did when I first saw them 40 years ago. Very minimal stage as far as the Stones go, no 50 foot Honky Tonk Women, inflated demon wolves or cocks. Just three large video screens and the emphasis on the music. And there's no one alive who can control a crowd like Mick. See if the Dead shows in Chicago this summer come close but for my money I would almost rather see the Stones again, and I probably will as I don't see them stopping any time soon. Loved the Gimme Shelter with Grace Potter. Now back to packing for Telluride.

Now Playing icon Listening to: Last nights Stones show on YouTube
IP address Logged

Seeing Sam Bush from 1976 on...
mountainjam
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 12:56:11 PM »

Cool, thanks for the post Maple Al. The Stones are on my bucket list to see but unfortunately I haven't had the chance yet. Hopefully some day.

The Grateful Dead is my favorite band (and in my opinion the best, but I am biased) but it's hard to argue against the Stones being the greatest band of all time. It's very cool they are still touring and putting on great shows.

Now Playing icon Listening to: Grant Green
IP address Logged
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

3 chord's and a story that's me

URL icon « Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 01:02:38 PM »

Wave I know they still can rock the house. I saw them in the 80's at Red Rocks, the stage was a huge pair of lips! Handgliders flew down from the sky right before their set. Killer crazy good. Mick struts and is just unforgettable. Medal

How old do you think he is?  Still rockin Medal
IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
Maple Al
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

🍁

URL icon « Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 03:07:36 PM »

Mick is twelve years and one day older than me, or that he will turn 72 the last day of Rockygrass and I have to wait one day to celebrate my 60th. I bet that if one does an archive of all the songs played at Telluride over its history that Stones songs have out numbered Dead songs two to one. The crowd sang happy birthday for both Charlie and Ronnie who both had one this last week. I have seen both bands multiple times, the Grateful Dead five times and the Stones now fourteen. And love both bands but the Stones do something for my musical jones. See what happens in Chicago in a month.
IP address Logged

Seeing Sam Bush from 1976 on...
Pages: [1] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC