Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 02:46:27 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Warren Haynes and Railroad Earth
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Warren Haynes and Railroad Earth  (Read 9953 times)
dayton
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

instagram.com/ashevilledayton

URL icon « on: May 27, 2015, 06:08:00 AM »

Hey Hot Sugar, I remember you posting about this a while back...GRAMMY Award-winning vocalist-songwriter and revered guitarist Warren Haynes will release a new solo studio album featuring Railroad Earth entitled Ashes and Dust on July 24, 2015 Medal
August 3 at Greenfield Lake Amphitheater in Wilmington, NC
August 4 at Fillmore in Charlotte, NC
August 6 at Riverbend in Cincinnati, OH
August 7 at Niagara River Rocks in N. Tonawanda, NY*
August 9 at Lake Champlain Maritime Festival in Burlington, VT**
*Free show. No pre-sale tickets available
**Tickets on sale Friday, May 29, 11am (no pre-sales available)
http://somethingelsereviews.com/2015/05/24/warren-haynes-spots-of-time-ashes-and-dust/
 pickin

Now Playing icon Listening to: Spots of Time
IP address Logged

“Life is like music for its own sake. We are living in an eternal now, and when we listen to music we are not listening to the past, we are not listening to the future, we are listening to an expanded present.” ― Alan W. Watts
Hot Sugar
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

Camp Run a Muck

URL icon « Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 10:40:13 AM »

I can't wait to hear the album and I really hope I get to see them play together. Maybe Telluride 16? Or, I wouldn't put it past them to play The Wilma in Missoula once it's been remodeled. Though, that collaboration might have to play the bigger venue that is The Brewery.

Now Playing icon Listening to: Keller
IP address Logged

"That spells clever not cleaver."
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

3 chord's and a story that's me

URL icon « Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 10:53:53 AM »

Wave Hey Dayton! I'm still pushin for Warren and Tride. Thanks for the tour dates!
IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
dayton
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 06:21:59 PM »

Listen to the album exclusively on wsj.com @ http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2015/07/20/warren-haynes-ashes-and-dust-stream/

And Warren and RRE from World Care on 7/20/2015 @ http://www.npr.org/sections/world-cafe/2015/07/20/424690403/warren-haynes-on-world-cafe
And agreed Landshark, I think this would sound stellar at Telluride, maybe next year... Wink ... :bubbles

Now Playing icon Listening to: Hallelujah Boulevard
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 06:25:57 PM by dayton » IP address Logged

“Life is like music for its own sake. We are living in an eternal now, and when we listen to music we are not listening to the past, we are not listening to the future, we are listening to an expanded present.” ― Alan W. Watts
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 07:37:29 PM »

Listen to the album exclusively on wsj.com @ http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2015/07/20/warren-haynes-ashes-and-dust-stream/

And Warren and RRE from World Care on 7/20/2015 @ http://www.npr.org/sections/world-cafe/2015/07/20/424690403/warren-haynes-on-world-cafe
And agreed Landshark, I think this would sound stellar at Telluride, maybe next year... Wink ... :bubbles

I have been listening to him nonstop and his solo stuff is just beautiful. I need me some Warren smokin Haynes!

Hugs to Lala and u Festivarian
IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
fivetornadoes
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 05:32:42 PM »

been a warren fan for a long time now. he's in my all time top 5 for sure.
ever since 1992 when i first saw him play with the allmans i was an instant fan.
was a huge fan of gov't mule as well. right since day 1. saw them tons and chase it down hard. loved the 3 piece. woody was a treasure.

warren became "my jerry" when jerry died in 1995
when warren joined phil and friends and they became the Q i was a happy hippie AGAIN
when he did the GD symphony tour i was over the moon happy+

more warren more warren MORE WARREN.

this guy is one of the greatest singer/songwriters i've known/tour with

i just recently opened/played this new cd and i was blown away x 10
a couple songs i had heard from way back ie) new years eve and glory road
i remember obsessing over new years eve when i first heard it

oh and he's on yahoo live tonight. sorry for the last minute post on it
https://screen.yahoo.com/live/event/warren-haynes

IP address Logged
dayton
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 04:58:29 AM »

Thanks for posting that link to the live concert fivetornadoes...we watched the whole thing from home and loved it!  Have you seen the lineup for the Christmas Jam this year?...featuring Warren Haynes, Tedeschi Trucks Band, The Doobie Brothers, Joe Bonamassa, Dawes, Blackberry Smoke, Electric Hot Tuna, Bruce Hornsby and more! 
 Thumbs Up

Now Playing icon Listening to: Garrison Keilor - Writer's Almanac
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 05:59:54 AM by dayton » IP address Logged

fivetornadoes
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #7 on: November 24, 2015, 12:39:16 PM »

christmas jam always has an incredible line up and from what i know it's like 3 days of local shows ending with the big one at the arena and that show is an epic long event goes into the early hours of the next day!

that event has been on my bucket list for awhile but i gotta admit TBF comes first
IP address Logged
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #8 on: November 27, 2015, 02:41:22 PM »

christmas jam always has an incredible line up and from what i know it's like 3 days of local shows ending with the big one at the arena and that show is an epic long event goes into the early hours of the next day!

that event has been on my bucket list for awhile but i gotta admit TBF comes first

Something going on with Warren. Cancelled some shows. Family matters.
IP address Logged

Dean
Small Member

Festivation rating 20

URL icon « Reply #9 on: November 27, 2015, 08:12:40 PM »

Xmas Jam is totally worth the time and $$. We alternate between that and Anders Osborne's Holiday Extravaganza in New Orleans. This year it's NOLA, Asheville next December.
IP address Logged

"There are a number of mechanical devices which increase sexual arousal, particularly in women. Chief among these is the Mercedes-Benz 380SL convertible." -- P. J. O'Rourke
Pages: [1] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC