Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2024, 02:21:44 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Telluride Bluegrass Festival (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Nightgrass
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Nightgrass  (Read 62173 times)
Andi
Kinda digging this festival thing...

Festivation rating 13

URL icon « on: March 01, 2008, 09:45:15 AM »

Does anybody remember when Nightgrass tickets went on sale online last year?  I went to Telluride last year but all the night shows were sold out by the time we got to the festival.  Help! huh

Now Playing icon Listening to: Nickel Creek
IP address Logged
Maineahhh
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Bluegrass makes me happy.

URL icon « Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 09:35:52 AM »

let's see, i left class in the middle of an exam to secure my tix . . . so I'd say it was in May, maybe late april?
IP address Logged

"A lot of the artists collaborate with one another on stage throughout the festival, leaving fans and musicians alike in awe. A bunch of us are old friends, and when we get here we want to band together... Anything goes here, people are ready for any kind of music." Sammy B on TBF
danfromiowa
URL icon « Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 08:11:55 PM »

Sounds familiar - I left work early last year to get tix for Genesis in Chicago (well worth the funny looks from my boss, especially since the concert KICKED A**!!!)   Thumbs Up  Wink

Anyway, I got some Nightgrass tix for TBF 2006, and I also recall April/May sometime...  The real trick, however, is just keep visiting the web site often - you just can't lose:  you keep up on the latest news, AND you get to read all the fun stuff posted on the forums!

I do seem to remember (although the Cointreau is causing interference) that most Nightgrass tix did sell-out early, so I can't emphasize enough:  Watch the web site, sign up for e-mail notices, and we'll see you in four months!!!
IP address Logged
pickingood
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

SO Much Bluegrass...

URL icon « Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 08:10:17 PM »

sometime in april pretty sure... they'll send an email round...  : )

Now Playing icon Listening to: yonder
IP address Logged

You can manifest all the tickets you need thru a positive outlook- there are plenty to go around!
GirlGuernsey

Festivation rating 11

URL icon « Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 12:08:55 PM »

This TBF trip is already draining my pocket, is Nightgrass a can't miss?
IP address Logged
Andi
Kinda digging this festival thing...

Festivation rating 13

URL icon « Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 12:30:01 PM »

I only went to one show last year--Vince Herman and Great American Taxi.  I definitely felt I missed out on Yonder, but I'm a huge fan so that's probably why.  Plus I really wanted to see a show in the Opera House.  I would definitely try and go to a show!  Plus it's always nice to go into a real place and wash your hands in an actual sink :)
IP address Logged
rettlerSCI
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 03:12:20 PM »

WHAT ARE THESE WRISTBANDS I'VE HEARD ABOUT. SOMETHING LIKE 100 GO OUT. JUST CURIOUS......

HOW FAST WILL YONDER SELL OUT?????? 5MIN. OR LESS??? I BET LESS.
IP address Logged
rettlerSCI
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #7 on: March 21, 2008, 08:42:17 AM »

Got this bit of info last night from a good source....

"YMSB will be playing both the Conference Center kickoff and the Sheridan. But we're not sure which night they're doing the Sheridan. Our goal is to put tickets on sale around the same time as last year – roughly April 7. But that's not confirmed yet."  Evil Thumbs Up
IP address Logged
erndog
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 422

Festivate. Rinse. Repeat.

URL icon « Reply #8 on: March 21, 2008, 09:19:29 AM »

Yonder ususally does two shows -

One show at the top of the Mountian on Wednesday night, a "kick off" show.  It will be a sell-out, always is.  Having said that, there always seems to be tickets floating around either in town park or outside the venue BEFORE the show.  A lot people with tickets usually buy a few extras.  Their friends get into Telluride late, etc. and someone is left with a couple extras which can be picked up if you are lucky.  This is more or less a traditional Yonder show, the venue doesn't really have seating, it's a big open ballroom type area with a hardwood floor.  Lots of fun, and a good way to get the motor going for the rest of the week ahead.

The second show is part of the "nightgrass" series, and that is Friday or Saturday night I think at the Sheridan Opera House.  It ususally starts late, around 9:00 pm or so, and goes to 1:00 am, 2:00 am, whenever.  I know I've found myself stumbling home very, very late after this gig.  Lots of other musicians show up to jam, Casey Dreissen and Gabe Witcher are what seem to be regulars, although I've seen Tim O'Brien, Pete Rowan, and other show up before.

The nightgrass thing is where you can get individual tickets to various shows on Thursday, Friday, & Sat. nights - at venues like Fly Me To The Moon (I saw Jorma there a few years back), and other places in Telluride.  John Prine did one at the High School 2 years ago that people are still talking about.   In the past, the Planet has offered some sort of Nightgrass wristband, which gets you into all the Nightgrass venues.

See you there,

Erndog
IP address Logged
rettlerSCI
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #9 on: March 21, 2008, 09:25:18 AM »

Thanks for the info............... So the nightgrass shows usually run the same time the night headliners are playing??????? Just curious.... Thanks for the heads up....
IP address Logged
erndog
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 422

Festivate. Rinse. Repeat.

URL icon « Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 05:26:44 PM »

That's correct - you have to decide to either stick around for the headliners in Town Park or head out and see the nightgrass events. 

Decisions, decisions . . .
IP address Logged
jjwood64
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #11 on: March 26, 2008, 04:57:28 PM »

So far, besides the obvious YMSB shows, one Nightgrass show is confirmed:

6/20 - Uncle Earl @ Fly Me To The Moon

As posted on uncleearl.net

Now Playing icon Listening to: dead air
IP address Logged
rettlerSCI
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #12 on: March 31, 2008, 09:10:12 AM »

I WANT NIGHTGRASS INFO.............   Mad Frown Mad Frown Mad Frown{stumping feet, and crying like a little kid}
IP address Logged
BluegrassDustin
Administrator
...is kind of a big deal

Festivation rating 420

Living Life With Delusions Of Banjur

URL icon « Reply #13 on: March 31, 2008, 10:02:23 AM »

I WANT NIGHTGRASS INFO.............   Mad Frown Mad Frown Mad Frown{stumping feet, and crying like a little kid}

You settle down! I'll get it to you as soon as I know! {shaking finger, and speaking sternly like a parental figure}

giggle
IP address Logged

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those
who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Seuss

"An intellectual snob is someone who can listen to the William Tell Overture and not think of The Lone Ranger."   -Dan Rather
shane

Festivation rating 8

URL icon « Reply #14 on: March 31, 2008, 10:12:32 AM »

Any idea on the timeframe of that announcement Dustin?
IP address Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC