Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 03:43:16 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Grateful Dead, Two more shows announced
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Grateful Dead, Two more shows announced  (Read 20003 times)
gregsfrontporch
Small Member

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #15 on: April 16, 2015, 07:09:29 AM »

Yeah, so I got my notice yesterday, am not to be one of the fortunate few 130,000 fans going to see the dead in Santa Clara.  No exorbitant service fees, no $200 tickets, no problem, I'll be in Telluride the week before then.
I've seen the Dead, last time was a few years back at Red Rocks.  Great show, but they're not the Grateful Dead who I've seen many times before in the bay area.
As for GSB and Phil, I've been enjoying the LoS videos coming out to Terrapin Stn with Phil. 
On to Telluride!!!!!

Now Playing icon Listening to: NPR
IP address Logged
ebb01
Small Member

Festivation rating 20

URL icon « Reply #16 on: April 16, 2015, 11:17:56 AM »

Was shut out of Chicago, but have won 2 for Santa Clara on Sunday 6/28.  My plan was to trade (if I did win- because I'm obligated that weekend) with someone who has 2 for any of the Chicago dates.    So... I'm going to try and find out where there might be a trading site online.  Of course tickets won't go out until June, further complicating things.  But... if I can't find a way to trade here in Denver, I'll be putting these up, at cost, somewhere on this board.
IP address Logged
mountainjam
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #17 on: April 16, 2015, 11:45:16 AM »

Was shut out of Chicago, but have won 2 for Santa Clara on Sunday 6/28.  My plan was to trade (if I did win- because I'm obligated that weekend) with someone who has 2 for any of the Chicago dates.    So... I'm going to try and find out where there might be a trading site online.  Of course tickets won't go out until June, further complicating things.  But... if I can't find a way to trade here in Denver, I'll be putting these up, at cost, somewhere on this board.

There is a website for trading: https://cashortrade.org/. However seems lots of people are/were thinking they could trade Santa Clara for Chicago (check out the website, already lots of people trying for this). It seems though that Chicago is going to remain the much more difficult ticket. Still lots of hype around Chicago, 3 shows versus 2, lots of pre and post shows from other great bands right in the city plus they are the "last shows".

Good luck - hope you can find your trade. If not I'm sure you won't have any difficulty finding a buyer.

Now Playing icon Listening to: GD 1/2/1972 Winterland
IP address Logged
IMHBTR
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #18 on: April 16, 2015, 12:15:30 PM »

For those going to Chicago, you might want to pick up some tix for this on
Thursday night. No rest for the wicked.

http://www.clubtix.com/tmns-high-steppin-into-town-tickets-378162

Yee haw! Dusters, Greensky, Keller.
IP address Logged
BillyBeru
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

"Good evening, music lovers!"

URL icon « Reply #19 on: April 16, 2015, 07:11:39 PM »

Struck out on my end - still waiting for friends to report. Maybe begging for a tick with my Town Park. I'll post on the ticket exchange board.
IP address Logged

"How many of you have been at the festival all four days?"
IMHBTR
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #20 on: April 16, 2015, 07:23:30 PM »

Billy- I may be able to help you out.
PM me.
IP address Logged
edfrpetaluma
Wondering when Small Member status will be achieved.

Festivation rating 42

URL icon « Reply #21 on: April 17, 2015, 12:59:05 PM »

Got a not selected for the Santa Clara shows.  Half of my friends got tickets(both got 4 nosebleeds and 4 seats).  So much for stopping scalping as there are 5400 tickets on stub hub alone.  Again like Chicago, football season ticket holders got to buy presale so a lot of expensive tickets are available.  $250 obstructed view tickets behind the stage-no thanks.   Same weekend as the Kate Wolf Festival so i'm trying for Sunday"s show
IP address Logged
fivetornadoes
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #22 on: April 21, 2015, 05:43:32 PM »

i've never used this site but someone told me about it        https://cashortrade.org/grateful-dead-tickets                                                           mountainjam on it   Thumbs Up
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 05:47:39 PM by fivetornadoes » IP address Logged
fivetornadoes
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #23 on: April 21, 2015, 05:55:05 PM »

I'm sorry I've been lurking on this thread for a bit. Hope you all have a blast at the dead shows. Would love to see that.

But for my money Greensky with Phil Leah is like butter and JAM on a biscuit.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs5N42g9tF4

Sorry wasn't sure of a better spot to post this.

FESTIVAL!!!!

thanks. this is so great! listening to eyes of the world right now   pickin
IP address Logged
420Sugaree
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

shake it, shake it, Sugaree

URL icon « Reply #24 on: April 22, 2015, 05:06:26 PM »

Grateful Dead Final Shows Will Be Available on Pay-Per-View.

"The three Chicago gigs will be available to watch live in the comfort of your home (or participating bar, club and restaurant) thanks to a pay-per-view broadcast produced by Live Alliance. All five shows, however, will also be available via an as-yet-unannounced online streaming platform."
IP address Logged

Turn on your Lovelight... and leave it ON!
swander99
Old Timer

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #25 on: April 23, 2015, 08:46:59 AM »

Grateful Dead Final Shows Will Be Available on Pay-Per-View.

"The three Chicago gigs will be available to watch live in the comfort of your home (or participating bar, club and restaurant) thanks to a pay-per-view broadcast produced by Live Alliance. All five shows, however, will also be available via an as-yet-unannounced online streaming platform."

Thumbs Up  Cheers

Now Playing icon Listening to: Radio Heartland
IP address Logged

HEEN!
420Sugaree
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

shake it, shake it, Sugaree

URL icon « Reply #26 on: May 09, 2015, 12:53:36 PM »

Pay-Per View Webcast

Exclusive: Get ALL 5 Nights for $79.95*

June 27th - Santa Clara, CA - $19.95
June 28th - Santa Clara, CA - $19.95

July 3rd - Chicago, IL - $29.95
July 4th - Chicago, IL - $29.95
July 5th - Chicago, IL - $29.95

Now Playing icon Listening to: GD 5-19-77 openers: Promised Land; Sugaree > El Paso
IP address Logged

Turn on your Lovelight... and leave it ON!
Pages: 1 [2] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC