Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 05:50:21 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Delfest 2015
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Delfest 2015  (Read 7107 times)
lorileee

Festivation rating 44

URL icon « on: March 18, 2015, 12:41:41 PM »

Anyone going to Delfest this year? Anyone gone in the past?
I just got a ticket and I'm wondering if any Telluride folks will be there!
Can't wait to see you all in Telluride! Just a few more months to go!!!
IP address Logged
SaintSteveG
Kinda digging this festival thing...

Festivation rating 52

URL icon « Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 05:42:48 PM »

Howdy! I will be at DelFest 2015 and I cannot wait. It is so much fun. I went last year for the first time and just loved the whole experience of being part of a community of people for four days committed to having fun listening to superb music. While I am no youngster, I am rather new to the festivation scene, with my only prior experience being Rocky Grass 2013, which I also loved every moment of. My son got me out to Colorado (he goes to Telluride and Rocky Grass nearly every year) and I am so excited that he and another festival veteran will be with me this year. Those guys really know how to camp and enjoy.

DelFest is quite a bit more laid back than Rocky Grass and Telluride in the sense that there is no rush to claim real estate near the stage. It is set in an old dirt track race track in the Alleghany Mountains and there is plenty of space for everyone. People tend to lay back in the infield or the grandstand for the day, then approach the stage while the music is playing if they want. There are also three stages going all day, so you want to be pretty mobile to try to take it all in. My one gripe last year was that I had to walk away from the middle of Hot Rize on the grandstand stage because I wanted to hear the Kruger Brothers in the music hall. What a problem, right? It was sheer magic though, to hear the Krugers playing "Appalachian Concerto" while I looked out at the Appalachian Mountains right there.

And I cannot finish this without a salute to the great Del McCoury and his incredible band. They played four sets together (never did the same song twice) and appeared all over the place all weekend. I even got to meet Jason Carter in person standing in line at the organic burrito stand. It was also very clear that all of the artists were totally blissed to be there in Del's company and such an ideal setting. DEL YEAH!  Thumbs Up
IP address Logged

Lookin out the window; can't see past the pane...
SaintSteveG
Kinda digging this festival thing...

Festivation rating 52

URL icon « Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 03:00:37 PM »

Check out this 360 degree aerial view DelFest sent out today:
http://aerialeyes.org/delfest/
IP address Logged

Lookin out the window; can't see past the pane...
lorileee

Festivation rating 44

URL icon « Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 01:18:45 AM »

Awesome!!! Thanks for replying, SaintSteveG! Your post made me super pumped for the festival!
I really appreciate the info and the link to the aerial view!!!
IP address Logged
lorileee

Festivation rating 44

URL icon « Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 09:30:00 AM »

Hi again, SaintSteve!
Do you know anyone who needs a ticket to Delfest? I have an extra ticket and parking pass. I'll throw in the parking pass for free if someone needs the ticket.
Thanks!!! Flower
IP address Logged
lorileee

Festivation rating 44

URL icon « Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 01:38:57 PM »

Wow - that went fast! Nevermind!  Flower
IP address Logged
Pages: [1] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC