Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 03:55:53 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  House Concert this Sunday with Chris Daniels, Mollie O'Brien, and Harry Tufts!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: House Concert this Sunday with Chris Daniels, Mollie O'Brien, and Harry Tufts!  (Read 2905 times)
owenperk
Festivarian

Festivation rating 60

URL icon « on: March 10, 2015, 12:18:04 PM »

Accoustic Music Lovers,

There's an amazing house concert being offered this Sunday, March 15th in Denver, and I know my Planet Bluegrass friends will be interested. 

Chris Daniels is headlining with a rare solo set!  Chris Daniels and the Kings are one of my all-time favorites, and were one of the first groups I saw at the Telluride Bluegrass Festival.  I'll never forget his set with New Grass Revival as his backup band, and I was so stoked to help him find the old soundboard tapes from that set to release on his "Better Days" solo album.  I can't wait to see him in this intimate Wash Park house setting.

Mollie O'Brien and Rich Moore are opening the show with a set, and Harry Tufts -- the godfather of the Denver folk scene -- is playing tweeners throughout the night.  All that and dinner too! 

I'm especially proud that the event supports a longtime friend of all the musicians, Paul Kashmann, who is running for Denver's City Council.  Paul was the publisher of the Wash Park Profile for some 32 years -- until last month -- and was a board member at Swallow Hill, the folk and accoustic music jewel in the heart of the City Council district.

A suggested donation of $50 gets you dinner (graciously donated by Basildoc's) at 5:30 and the full concert at 7:00 p.m.  Give more if you can, or less if you have to.  But don't dawdle -- seating is set up for about 50, though more can fit in with standing room.  To ensure you've got a ticket, go to https://secure.actblue.com/contribute/page/chrisdaniels and make a contribution. 

For additonal information, contact Brent@KashmannForCouncil6.com or visit http://kashmannforcouncil6.com/wordpress2/.

P.S.  Among the many things I love about Paul Kashmann is that he is the only municipal candidate in Denver aggressively standing up against PAC (political action committee) and special interest group money.  Reclaiming our democracy from big-money interests trying to buy influence and votes is one of the most important issues I work on, and Paul is taking a courageous and necessary step to get big money out of politics by electing leaders whose focus is the public interest, not the special interest.  If you can't make the show, click the link above to stand with Paul.

Now Playing icon Listening to: "South Carolina," by Chris Daniels with New Grass Revival, live at Telluride Bluegrass
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 12:34:12 PM by owenperk » IP address Logged
Pages: [1] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC