Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:06:06 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  The Bush Retirement Party (Austin TX 1-17-2009)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: The Bush Retirement Party (Austin TX 1-17-2009)  (Read 8651 times)
bushretires

Festivation rating 1

URL icon « on: January 21, 2008, 01:06:01 AM »

http://www.bushretires.com/

Only one more year to go.  More information to be added including lineup and venue.

Or check out http://www.myspace.com/bushretires

Hope to see everyone there.  It's the party the whole world's been waiting for....the end of an error.
IP address Logged
Hooch
...is kind of a big deal

Festivation rating 420

Freak Of The Rainbow Pork Lover

URL icon « Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 09:09:31 AM »

So is this spam or will there be bands playing that us festivarians will be interested in??
IP address Logged

"There is nothing in the universe more exciting than a piece of bacon."

-Dan Phillips
arcticdesertnomad
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 111

Just chillin'

URL icon « Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 09:22:55 AM »

Single post account...I'm going with spam.
IP address Logged

In praise or lamentation
In peace or desperation
Any way I do, I come into
The presence of the Lord.

-Tracy Grammer
BluegrassDustin
Administrator
...is kind of a big deal

Festivation rating 420

Living Life With Delusions Of Banjur

URL icon « Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 10:15:37 AM »

So is this spam or will there be bands playing that us festivarians will be interested in??

Spamming for sure...but given the event they are trying to pull off, and the location (Austin)...there could be any number of interesting bands play.

Danny Barnes, Papa Mali, and Sarah Jarosz come to mind right off hand.

I'll be interested to see what they come up with during the course of the year.

The idea of having it outside (Stubb's or any other venue) is interesting...it's 45 degrees and raining in Austin today. Rolleyes
IP address Logged

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those
who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Seuss

"An intellectual snob is someone who can listen to the William Tell Overture and not think of The Lone Ranger."   -Dan Rather
bushretires

Festivation rating 1

URL icon « Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 06:58:37 PM »

Not Spam.  I was using "The Google" on the "Internets" when I found one of your members had posted about our party and I thought I'd sign up and post more info.

The bands haven't been announced yet but I assure you that you will be surprised at how big they will be.

oh and to answer the question about doing this in every state...I say go for it.  If you commit to donating all of the proceeds to charity (Like we are) then we will even list your event on www.bushretires.com  The full website professionally done will be up in about a month.

We anticipate holding the event at a venue that holds around 4k people and it will be taped for people who can't come and wish to purchase the DVD.

Feel free to ask me any more questions you might have other then what bands are playing.  We are contractually not aloud to release that information at this time...but it will be big names and likely draw national TV attention to our cause (Raising money for families that had a loved one die in Iraq in service)
IP address Logged
bushretires

Festivation rating 1

URL icon « Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 09:40:16 AM »

We are perfectly willing to move the date should he be....:)
IP address Logged
BluegrassDustin
Administrator
...is kind of a big deal

Festivation rating 420

Living Life With Delusions Of Banjur

URL icon « Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 03:51:59 PM »

The bands haven't been announced yet but I assure you that you will be surprised at how big they will be.

I'll come down and hang out w/ 'ole Willie. Wink
IP address Logged

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those
who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Seuss

"An intellectual snob is someone who can listen to the William Tell Overture and not think of The Lone Ranger."   -Dan Rather
bushretires

Festivation rating 1

URL icon « Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 04:43:44 PM »

I don't know if this code will work here but here is our homemade video to recap the 7+ years under Bush

Bush Retirement Video
IP address Logged
bushretires

Festivation rating 1

URL icon « Reply #8 on: January 22, 2008, 06:31:48 PM »

Thank you.  Took me about 10 hours to gather all the photos and arrange them to coincide with the music and fit in the time allowed.  Notice some scandals only have one picture up because there were so many to chose from.  We have already had dozens of people put countless hours and meetings into this one in Austin we decided to just  do Austin TX.  It ends where it began.... right here in Austin!
IP address Logged
ilovethelorax
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 11:03:59 AM »

Thanks for posting the link. Really nice work although rather horrifying at the same time. Just what you were going for I expect. I'll be at your party in spirit.

Now our job is to pay attention to what happens this last year and work for fair and democratic elections in our own country. What a concept.

peace,
kym

Now Playing icon Listening to: Harry Manx...Don't You Forget to Miss Me
IP address Logged

I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music.

George Eliot (1819-1880)
bushretires

Festivation rating 1

URL icon « Reply #10 on: March 10, 2008, 11:54:34 PM »

The Bush Retirement Party 2nd gen website is now up!  Please check it out!

http://www.bushretires.com/http://www.bushretires.com/

IP address Logged
Pages: [1] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC