Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 05:50:07 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Vinyl
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Vinyl  (Read 4811 times)
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

3 chord's and a story that's me

URL icon « on: July 11, 2014, 08:23:24 AM »

Why so much Vinyl these days? With the audio as sharp as it is today why do some Artist offer Vinyl?

I built a Heath Kit receiver and I have a brand new never used Gerard Turntable. Should I keep it huh

I have a collection of Vinyl. Beatles, Stones, Zappa, old Jazz and Blues. New Riders, New Grass on and on....in storage now.

IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
IMHBTR
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 09:26:24 AM »

Vinyl has made quite the come back in the past few years. As a vinyl enthusiast, I could not be more happy with the offerings these days. Almost my entire collection of bluegrass is in vinyl, old and new. I think there are different reasons for this trend. Some believe the that a good turntable and a well kept album is the only way to listen to all the sounds the artist is trying to convey and I agree but that's not why I love vinyl. I love the process of taking care of my vinyl, looking at the vivid pictures, reading the liner notes, all while listening to the great music. It's less simple but such a treat when I have time. Plus, almost all artists who offer the vinyl format have a download card inside the sleeve so you can have the product in two formats. A lot of artists put their vinyl in different colors, some with swirls, some with dancing angel holograms while it spins(Jack White-Third Man Records-very very cool BTW), some with extra songs, some with exclusive songs, etc.. Its the only format I buy. I hope it never goes away. At least I know what I have will never go away. So, break out your turntable landshark and enjoy some of that old Zappa. I bet you will like it.

Now Playing icon Listening to: Peart Near Double Live Vinyl
IP address Logged
ebb01
Small Member

Festivation rating 20

URL icon « Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 09:39:56 AM »

And, its easier to roll on an album cover than a CD case!   Thumbs Up
IP address Logged
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 09:54:31 AM »

Vinyl has made quite the come back in the past few years. As a vinyl enthusiast, I could not be more happy with the offerings these days. Almost my entire collection of bluegrass is in vinyl, old and new. I think there are different reasons for this trend. Some believe the that a good turntable and a well kept album is the only way to listen to all the sounds the artist is trying to convey and I agree but that's not why I love vinyl. I love the process of taking care of my vinyl, looking at the vivid pictures, reading the liner notes, all while listening to the great music. It's less simple but such a treat when I have time. Plus, almost all artists who offer the vinyl format have a download card inside the sleeve so you can have the product in two formats. A lot of artists put their vinyl in different colors, some with swirls, some with dancing angel holograms while it spins(Jack White-Third Man Records-very very cool BTW), some with extra songs, some with exclusive songs, etc.. Its the only format I buy. I hope it never goes away. At least I know what I have will never go away. So, break out your turntable landshark and enjoy some of that old Zappa. I bet you will like it.

Hua, so you think the sound is more inclusive? I would assume the opposite. I think I will go get the collection out. I remember getting the headsets out and for an entire weekend I would play albums and really just listen closely. Never seem to have time for that now. Might have to make time for that! Zappa tunes are one of my favs.
IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
Doc Mike
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 11:01:09 AM »

The sound from vinyl is superior to CD and vastly superior to mp3.

Now Playing icon Listening to: Hot Rize-on vinyl!
IP address Logged

We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams.
~Willy Wonka
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 08:20:28 AM »

I didn't know that. Time to dust off the turntable. Hum now who will carry a cartridge? That might be a hard one to find.

Thanks for the info folks. Have an outstanding day!
IP address Logged

Pages: [1] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC