Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2024, 09:41:31 PM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  Regional Boards
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  North East (Moderator: BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Sam Bush, Del McCoury, Greencards & Crooked Still!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Sam Bush, Del McCoury, Greencards & Crooked Still!  (Read 22986 times)
Maineahhh
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Bluegrass makes me happy.

URL icon « on: November 08, 2007, 10:51:00 AM »

HEYO New Englandahhs!! Anyone else going to this freakin' amazing show in lebanon NH next week!?? AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! I can hardly contain myself! I'll be there, third row center baby, YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP address Logged

"A lot of the artists collaborate with one another on stage throughout the festival, leaving fans and musicians alike in awe. A bunch of us are old friends, and when we get here we want to band together... Anything goes here, people are ready for any kind of music." Sammy B on TBF
Maineahhh
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 01:47:56 PM »

Nobody????????
IP address Logged

"A lot of the artists collaborate with one another on stage throughout the festival, leaving fans and musicians alike in awe. A bunch of us are old friends, and when we get here we want to band together... Anything goes here, people are ready for any kind of music." Sammy B on TBF
BillyBeru
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

"Good evening, music lovers!"

URL icon « Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 02:09:45 PM »

Nobody????????

Is that an invitation?  Wink
IP address Logged

"How many of you have been at the festival all four days?"
Maineahhh
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 08:49:36 PM »

you're welcome to stay at my sister's trout hatchery! it would be a a true up no'th experience :)
IP address Logged

wyeknot108
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 01:32:49 PM »

Nobody????????

I was just down the road as it happens - ugh - but had another obligation that weekend.    huh

Matt
IP address Logged
Maineahhh
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 04:04:53 PM »

too bad . . . it was amazing! got to hang out with sammy for a while after the show too!
IP address Logged

BillyBeru
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

"Good evening, music lovers!"

URL icon « Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 06:59:04 PM »

too bad . . . it was amazing! got to hang out with sammy for a while after the show too!

Whoa! That's awesome. Care to share some more details???  Cheers
IP address Logged

"How many of you have been at the festival all four days?"
TellurideTom
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 426

URL icon « Reply #7 on: November 28, 2007, 08:24:29 PM »

Whoa! That's awesome. Care to share some more details???  Cheers

Yes, more details please. :hop
IP address Logged

Happy Trails....Wave

You can check out my Domain site or follow me on Facebook
Dancin-feet
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #8 on: December 01, 2007, 03:26:22 PM »

DETAILS!!!  huh WE NEED DETAILS Please! Wink
We are so very jealous and so we need to feel like we were there also.
Please, please, please
-Teresa
IP address Logged

With music in our lives we are able to express ourselves in so many ways, with instruments, vocals, dance and movement. This can be done solo or with others. Music is not only entertainment, it is a way of life.
Maineahhh
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #9 on: December 02, 2007, 05:41:34 PM »

Ha! Sorry, iffy internet at my house . . . The show was in a small venue in NH, and Sam was out in the lobby afterwards to sign stuff. I was one of only 5 people wanting to meet him (weird, i know), and when he saw me coming to the table in my Run-a-muck gear and T-ride t-shirt, he gave me a big, "we'll hello there! great telluride festival this year, ay?".  he talked my ear off! Tom, I told him hello like you'd asked me too . . . he seemed surprised that I knew you!  SOO, as some of you know, i've picked up the mandolin and have been practicing my behind off (at least two hours every day, for like three months). When i told Sam this, he gave me an incriminating look and said  "let me see me your fingers". Thankfully, i had calluses almost as bad as his, so he couldn't nab me for lying about practice time. i believe his exact words were, "DAMN GIRL!" We ended up chatting for a while! And he gave me the pick he used during the show. I use it every day! it was great . . . ah! Such a great ending to an amazing weekend of music! I'll post the picture i took with him up here soon! he signed my mando and wrote a message to me on my case too, which  I'll be showing off a t-ride this year :) Oh, he says hello to all the festivarians, and says can't wait to see us all again next year!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 05:44:12 PM by Maineahhh » IP address Logged

TellurideTom
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 426

URL icon « Reply #10 on: December 02, 2007, 09:07:47 PM »

Ha! Sorry, iffy internet at my house . . . The show was in a small venue in NH, and Sam was out in the lobby afterwards to sign stuff. I was one of only 5 people wanting to meet him (weird, i know), and when he saw me coming to the table in my Run-a-muck gear and T-ride t-shirt, he gave me a big, "we'll hello there! great telluride festival this year, ay?".  he talked my ear off! Tom, I told him hello like you'd asked me too . . . he seemed surprised that I knew you!  SOO, as some of you know, i've picked up the mandolin and have been practicing my behind off (at least two hours every day, for like three months). When i told Sam this, he gave me an incriminating look and said  "let me see me your fingers". Thankfully, i had calluses almost as bad as his, so he couldn't nab me for lying about practice time. i believe his exact words were, "DAMN GIRL!" We ended up chatting for a while! And he gave me the pick he used during the show. I use it every day! it was great . . . ah! Such a great ending to an amazing weekend of music! I'll post the picture i took with him up here soon! he signed my mando and wrote a message to me on my case too, which  I'll be showing off a t-ride this year :) Oh, he says hello to all the festivarians, and says can't wait to see us all again next year!

That is just so cool!
IP address Logged

Happy Trails....Wave

You can check out my Domain site or follow me on Facebook
Maineahhh
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #11 on: January 04, 2008, 02:04:23 PM »

Here we are!! I tried to resize it, but made it a little small. ya'll know I'm not very good with these darned computers . . .

but you get the idea!! ahh! how awesome  Thumbs Up

(can you see the run-a-muck tags?? hehe)
IP address Logged

Maineahhh
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #12 on: January 04, 2008, 02:08:02 PM »

See how close I was??!!!

IP address Logged

Dewstar
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Come One, Come All, Its FESTIVATION Time!

URL icon « Reply #13 on: April 21, 2008, 12:22:58 AM »

Now that's a PHOTO! HOWDYAHMAKITSOBIGMAINEAHHHH?
IP address Logged

Dewstar PHX Running for Mayor of Warner Field!
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

3 chord's and a story that's me

URL icon « Reply #14 on: April 21, 2008, 07:56:34 AM »

Now that's a PHOTO! HOWDYAHMAKITSOBIGMAINEAHHHH?

AHHHHHHHHHHHH, Sammy what beautiful good vibe he provides. I want to box em up , clone em and keep one fer me Flower
IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
Pages: [1] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC