Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 10:51:49 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Hardly Strictly Redux
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Hardly Strictly Redux  (Read 10724 times)
Hippie
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « on: October 09, 2007, 11:42:04 AM »

Welcome Home everyone ! I hope you all had a blast at Hardly Strictly this year.

The Run a Muck campout was an absolute blast - Thanks to all of you that ran a muck.

The surprise of the festival for me was that incredible Stella Blue by Moon Alice. I weep just thinking about it.

How about you?

What was your favorite moment or surprise?
Did anyone remember to take some pictures?

Now Playing icon Listening to: Storyteller Michael Katz- I'm at work
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 11:43:42 AM by Hippie » IP address Logged

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves. - Will Rogers
gwg123co
Wondering when Small Member status will be achieved.

Festivation rating 15

URL icon « Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 02:42:18 PM »

I have to agree. 
Deb and I were walking from Banjo to Star, the back way. 
I had no idea who Moonalice was but all of a sudden there was Stella Blue in the Park.

How sweet !

What a great weekend.

Thanks so much    Thumbs Up
IP address Logged
LuAnna
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 05:56:28 PM »

Moonalice was definitely the big Surprise of the weekend for me. WOW!!!!

also... showed up early for Jorma's set and got to hear part of the songwriters circle with Chris Smother et al. Great stuff.  Was back at Rooster again to end the festival with Gandalf Murphy.

also.. happy to get to hear Hot Buttered Rum again, having only heard them that one time at Telluride. Of course Railroad Earth rocked and that was a good set. SO much good music. SO many wonderful people to share the whole thing with.

It was GREAT!!!

have been running in circles trying to get caught up at work... but it was SO worth it.

LuAnna
IP address Logged
Cindy Lou
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 06:32:21 PM »

Wave Cindy Lou here. Everyone I saw was great! Sorry I missed MoonAlice; ya'll gotta clue me in on these things. I think for me the best day was Friday when I got the personal tour all over creation by Jerry, and all the background info that he imparted. (Plus I got to take a shower!) Flower
 I had a great time at Joe Ely and Jimmie Dale Gilmore,   pickinßand James McMurtry was really fun. Poor Man's Whiskey was a hoot on Sunday! I found out that my friends who live here and who I was looking for all weekend were never more than 20 yards away, we just never saw each other at the Banjo and Star stages! But I did see them last night for my b-day Birthday ; had a great dinner in SF and talked about the festival.  When I told them about the camp they were quite impressed and said that ya'll really got it goin' on.  I have to agree wholeheartedly. Medal
I do have some interesting bruises starting to appear; that's what happened when I biffed on the road on Sunday afternoon Rollin  and then later when I swerved off into the bar ditch helping to push a gimpy wagon up a hill. (Hey I swear there was an elk :deer in the road.) EEK!   :rolleyesIt was a nice touch that somebody shouted "Someone help her; we can't stop now, we're on a roll!"   I hope everyone gets home safely and I can't wait to do it again. Let's go skiing! I know lots of powder stashes in T-ride! hee hee :vibes

Now Playing icon Listening to: stringdusters
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 06:36:49 PM by Cindy Lou » IP address Logged

"The most important thing is to find out what is the most important thing. "  (Shunryu Suzuki)
Bevin
Old Timer

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 09:08:38 AM »

Yo Hippie,
Yeah, I made it home safe but am forever changed.  And now to be a proud Run-a-Muck'er, that's just the icing on the cake.  Never have I been a part of something so huge.  I was just blown away.  Maybe the highlights for me were The Knitters, seeing Curly Seckler with DGBX and then seeing Doc Watson.  Oh yeah, and Robert Earl Keen kicked ass.  I took a few pictures but where I put them I have no idea.  I'll try to post a couple later tonight.

Dang, am I ever glad I went.  Don't think I'll ever miss that party again.  Ever.
Bevin
IP address Logged

Copyright 2009, a production of Camp Totally Lit - All rights reserved

"There's always a Clapper."
Maineahhh
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Bluegrass makes me happy.

URL icon « Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 03:51:43 PM »

What an amazing festival! the setting couldn't have been better (ok, maybe if there were like, say, seven or so 12-14,000 foot san juan mountains surrounding us), and the music was unbelievable! I have to say though, that the company was the highlight of my trip, for the beauty and light in every person I spend time with in camp Run-a-muck never siezes to amaze me. For music, I think Doc, Grisman, and Earl were my faves, and I definately won't forget Poor Man's Whisky's performance! What a blast. Thanks to everyone for making my trip out there so wonderful! (yes, you too DukTape man!)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 11:11:14 AM by Maineahhh » IP address Logged

"A lot of the artists collaborate with one another on stage throughout the festival, leaving fans and musicians alike in awe. A bunch of us are old friends, and when we get here we want to band together... Anything goes here, people are ready for any kind of music." Sammy B on TBF
Cindy Lou
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 07:40:33 PM »

Sarah it was great hanging out with you and Adam on your last night. If any of the pics turn out, send me copies or email them. Glad you made it home okay. We found a FANTASTIC blues place called Biscuits and Blues on Friday night; if you come back it should definitely be on your to-do list. budumdum-joke
IP address Logged

"The most important thing is to find out what is the most important thing. "  (Shunryu Suzuki)
gipper0324
Old Timer

Festivation rating 420

<click!>

URL icon « Reply #7 on: October 16, 2007, 11:16:04 AM »

Poor Man's Whiskey was definitely a fun fav of mine... along with the pics of Sarah and AJ...

IP address Logged

"He's only gone crazy once. Decided to stay." - Townes Van Zandt
gipper0324
Old Timer

Festivation rating 420

<click!>

URL icon « Reply #8 on: October 16, 2007, 11:16:38 AM »

Too fun!

IP address Logged

"He's only gone crazy once. Decided to stay." - Townes Van Zandt
connielv
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Denvers finest playing guess my weight

URL icon « Reply #9 on: October 16, 2007, 06:28:21 PM »

And I've got that dance from this angle!

What FUN!

Now Playing icon Listening to: Porch Song / Robert Earl Keen
IP address Logged

I'm faster than a greased monkey strapped to a bullet train.......-Carl Edwards (99)
connielv
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #10 on: October 16, 2007, 06:28:58 PM »

And this one too!
IP address Logged

I'm faster than a greased monkey strapped to a bullet train.......-Carl Edwards (99)
connielv
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #11 on: October 16, 2007, 06:31:06 PM »

Wave    Notice that Sarah is floating in most of the shots!    You go girl!!!!!   Medal
IP address Logged

Auntie Hope
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #12 on: October 18, 2007, 09:35:58 AM »

And I've got that dance from this angle!

What FUN!

I just love this A.J. pose. Only at festival!!!  LOL

Misss Sarah, you inspire us all! Love ya!

Auntie Hope  pickin
IP address Logged

InFleckIt! at Hippo Campus
Maineahhh
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Bluegrass makes me happy.

URL icon « Reply #13 on: October 18, 2007, 10:08:28 AM »

Wave    Notice that Sarah is floating in most of the shots!    You go girl!!!!!   Medal

Ha ha, I try! I think we could win some competitions with that one A.J., whaddaya think?
IP address Logged

"A lot of the artists collaborate with one another on stage throughout the festival, leaving fans and musicians alike in awe. A bunch of us are old friends, and when we get here we want to band together... Anything goes here, people are ready for any kind of music." Sammy B on TBF
Pages: [1] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC