Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 05:29:40 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Six Piece Bluegrass Bands
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Six Piece Bluegrass Bands  (Read 14514 times)
Hot Sugar
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

Camp Run a Muck

URL icon « Reply #15 on: February 03, 2014, 02:38:39 AM »

Yeah I don't know what it is about not wanting 6 members!

I think most bands would love to have 6 members, the problem is finding someone who can handle the Dobro.

Which also begs the question, "Why don't the Dusters find a mando player?" They clearly don't need one as they have been kicking more ass then ever, but when listening to them, you sometimes just really want to hear that mando solo. They're still my favorite band in the world, but the best show I ever attended of theirs saw Drew Emmit sit in with them for a few songs.
IP address Logged

"That spells clever not cleaver."
BradyCooling
Small Member

Festivation rating 165

URL icon « Reply #16 on: February 03, 2014, 03:20:46 PM »

Yeah I don't know what it is about not wanting 6 members!

I think most bands would love to have 6 members, the problem is finding someone who can handle the Dobro.

Which also begs the question, "Why don't the Dusters find a mando player?" They clearly don't need one as they have been kicking more ass then ever, but when listening to them, you sometimes just really want to hear that mando solo. They're still my favorite band in the world, but the best show I ever attended of theirs saw Drew Emmit sit in with them for a few songs.

Yes!! I have been asking myself this same question for awhile now, the only thing people might say is that it might not mesh off the bat, but give it a few shows and they would be even more killer! I love mandolin, and I feel anyone who plays who totally want to play with them if they got the chance, or at least this year they should have a lot of mando sit ins.
What show was that from Hot Sugar? I wanna check it out

Now Playing icon Listening to: Nickle Creek
IP address Logged
Hot Sugar
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

Camp Run a Muck

URL icon « Reply #17 on: February 03, 2014, 10:15:48 PM »

June 21, 2013. It was their nightgrass show from this past year. I have yet to find a recording other than the one available for stream on their website. http://thestringdusters.com/site/archive/
IP address Logged

BradyCooling
Small Member

Festivation rating 165

URL icon « Reply #18 on: February 04, 2014, 09:07:08 AM »

June 21, 2013. It was their nightgrass show from this past year. I have yet to find a recording other than the one available for stream on their website. http://thestringdusters.com/site/archive/

Sweet thanks! Yeah I haven't found many recordings of Nightgrass shows over the years except SCI's from last year. I love the showhive too! It's a shame they don't release soundboards for fans like so many others do, oh well in time!  Thumbs Up
IP address Logged
Hot Sugar
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

Camp Run a Muck

URL icon « Reply #19 on: February 04, 2014, 10:25:40 AM »

I'd definitely throw down $10-$15 for the soundboards of some of those shows.
IP address Logged

Pages: 1 [2] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC