Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 05:24:26 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  NYE 2013
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: NYE 2013  (Read 8731 times)
BradyCooling
Small Member

Festivation rating 165

URL icon « on: December 06, 2013, 04:19:32 PM »

Well it's the time of the year again, and gladly so, what are everyone's NYE plans musically related or not?? Hope to see some of y'all in Boulder for YMSB and Broomfield for SCI! Either way have fun with whatever you may do NYE Wave Summer cannot come soon enough

Now Playing icon Listening to: Yonder!
IP address Logged
Hot Sugar
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

Camp Run a Muck

URL icon « Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 06:58:41 PM »

Up here in Missoula we'll be having a great night with our local boys The Lil Smokies. They're playing a New Year's show at one of the ebst venues in Montana and I can't wait.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-ecmkGB3YA

http://www.reverbnation.com/thelilsmokies

http://thelilsmokies.com/
IP address Logged

"That spells clever not cleaver."
BradyCooling
Small Member

Festivation rating 165

URL icon « Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 08:11:56 AM »

Up here in Missoula we'll be having a great night with our local boys The Lil Smokies. They're playing a New Year's show at one of the ebst venues in Montana and I can't wait.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-ecmkGB3YA

http://www.reverbnation.com/thelilsmokies

http://thelilsmokies.com/

That's awesome! Always a good thing to have local talent playing in your backyard.. Unfortunately for me living in Maryland that isn't the case. But I'm more than happy to travel to CO for my music :) I've heard a lot about the Lil' Smokies, they are an awesome band from what I've heard. One of my friend's who also lives in Missoula told me about them. Have you heard of the Kitchen Dwellers also I'm assuming too? Both are really good in my opinion. Enjoy the tunes!
IP address Logged
Hot Sugar
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

Camp Run a Muck

URL icon « Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 11:07:24 AM »

Yeah, the Kitchen Dwellers are great. They've been playing the contest at Telluride the past couple of years and they come around Missoula quite frequently (they're from Bozeman). They just keep getting better and better! I love watching bands form and see how far they can progress in a just a few years. They're talented and really quite young. I don't think any of them is over 25, so they've got a lot of time to work on their art.
IP address Logged

BradyCooling
Small Member

Festivation rating 165

URL icon « Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 12:22:12 PM »

Yeah, the Kitchen Dwellers are great. They've been playing the contest at Telluride the past couple of years and they come around Missoula quite frequently (they're from Bozeman). They just keep getting better and better! I love watching bands form and see how far they can progress in a just a few years. They're talented and really quite young. I don't think any of them is over 25, so they've got a lot of time to work on their art.

Yeah I'm super glad my friend turned me on to them! He's good friends with the band, and I think he actually told me that one of the members of the KD is from T-ride originally which is cool. And yeah they are super young, probably just a few years older than me I'd imagine. It's always a great thing when you watch a band start off at home or somewhere and then over the years they get bigger such as them playing the TBF band contest, then making a CD and so on. It's watching magic right in front of you. Let's hope a lot of these up and comers will be playing major fests in the future!

Now Playing icon Listening to: SCI
IP address Logged
Hot Sugar
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

Camp Run a Muck

URL icon « Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 04:55:42 AM »

The mandolin player spent many years of his childhood in Telluride. I don't know if that's where he was born, but that is where he grew up. They really are remarkable. I was able to listen to the rough cut of their album (before any mixing was done) and was blown away just from that. Those guys are going places! It's a great time to be a Montana Bluegrass Band!
IP address Logged

BradyCooling
Small Member

Festivation rating 165

URL icon « Reply #6 on: December 08, 2013, 09:01:10 AM »

The mandolin player spent many years of his childhood in Telluride. I don't know if that's where he was born, but that is where he grew up. They really are remarkable. I was able to listen to the rough cut of their album (before any mixing was done) and was blown away just from that. Those guys are going places! It's a great time to be a Montana Bluegrass Band!

Oh well that's right then, I guess he might not have been born there, but he at least grew up here for a time. That's pretty darn cool at that to say! They are definitely up and coming, I'm anxious to see where they will be in the next few years, it's exciting! And listening to the rough cuts are always awesome, so raw and just plain good! It is a great time to be one, you all have two great bands coming up through the ranks, and a lot to be proud of! Maryland only has one bluegrass band really, but then again it's Seldom Scene so we can't complain there!  Thumbs Up Cheers
IP address Logged
Hot Sugar
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

Camp Run a Muck

URL icon « Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 07:36:00 PM »

Looks like the Smokies will be recording a live album at the show tonight! It just got better!
IP address Logged

BradyCooling
Small Member

Festivation rating 165

URL icon « Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 12:25:48 PM »

Looks like the Smokies will be recording a live album at the show tonight! It just got better!
That's awesome! Can't wait to hear it
IP address Logged
Pages: [1] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC