Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 07:37:19 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Update From Planet Bluegrass on DailyCamera.com
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Update From Planet Bluegrass on DailyCamera.com  (Read 9479 times)
KS
Small Member

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « on: September 17, 2013, 09:39:22 AM »

http://www.dailycamera.com/top-stories/ci_24110186/lyons-officials-stay-out-town

"The Planet Bluegrass ranch, which sits on the St. Vrain River northwest of downtown and is the site of the RockyGrass bluegrass festival and Rocky Mountain Folks Festival, was completely submerged at one point and suffered extensive damage. On Monday a new river was running in front of the main stage where only last month festivalgoers crowded to watch world-class performers.

Planet Bluegrass owner Craig Ferguson exemplified an optimism that ran through many parts of the Lyons community. He bought a backhoe Monday morning and was already at work cleaning up the Planet Bluegrass property, which also serves as his home. He believed he could redirect the water that was flowing in front of the stage, and his initial assessment was that most structures on the ranch, including the main stage and his residence, had withstood the flooding. The Planet's slate of fall concerts and events are canceled, but asked what he'd tell fans wondering about next year, Ferguson said, "I'd get your tickets early."

IP address Logged
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

3 chord's and a story that's me

URL icon « Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 09:41:08 AM »

FERG GO GET EM!!! I LOVE YOU Medal Medal Medal You flippin ROCK! Medal Medal Medal Medal   kiss :vibes

Now Playing icon Listening to: I have a shovel
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 09:43:23 AM by landshark » IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
ebb01
Small Member

Festivation rating 20

URL icon « Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 10:13:16 AM »

Soon we’ll reach the silver river,
Soon our pilgrimage will cease;
Soon our happy hearts will quiver
With the melody of peace
IP address Logged
meanderingjeeper
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Hope all is well and the surf is high.

URL icon « Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 11:39:50 AM »

asked what he'd tell fans wondering about next year, Ferguson said, "I'd get your tickets early."

they'll be harder to get than Nightgrass!

IP address Logged

If you don't like something, change it.  Otherwise change the way you feel about it.
Dev11
Kinda digging this festival thing...

Festivation rating 25

URL icon « Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 08:55:19 PM »

Good luck with the cleanup, Craig.  Sounds like Rockygrass is going to be a can't-miss event next summer.
IP address Logged
Pages: [1] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC