Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 05:38:46 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Boulder and Larimer County press conference audio - Sept 13, 2013 floods
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Boulder and Larimer County press conference audio - Sept 13, 2013 floods  (Read 3848 times)
420Sugaree
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

shake it, shake it, Sugaree

URL icon « on: September 14, 2013, 09:18:09 AM »

These are the first accounts from the Boulder County Sheriff and Boulder officials, Larimer County Sheriff and Fort Collins officials, Colorado Governor, Colorado's U.S. Congressional delegation, and the National Guard commanding liaison, after they and others made the first helicopter flights into, over and around some of our canyons. Statistics mentioned include Boulder Creek flow rates, Poudre River flow rates, and Estes Park and downstream reservoir capacity and flow rates. Rescue and evacuation of hundreds of people and hundreds of animals by Colorado National Guard and Fort Carson units are given, including statistics for the assets being used to perform these operations. Ground evacuations from Lyons is mentioned.

Colorado Flooding News Conference excerpts from September 13 and 14, 2013 - my item on The Archive

Track 1: Boulder County officials and city of Boulder, 21:12 excerpt, Sept 13
Track 2: Larimer County officials and city of Fort Collins, 15:47 excerpt, Sept 13
Track 3: Gov Hickenlooper, Colo Congressional delegation, Nat'l Guard, 15:02 excerpt, Sept 14

audio stream for the above three tracks

source for Tracks 1 and 2:
Denver News Channel > Comcast cable > TV speaker audio > iPhone memo recorder

source for Track 3:
Denver's Channel 9 > Comcast cable > TV speaker audio > iPhone memo recorder

lineage: iPhone > iTunes > Samplitude ver 7.22 > 64 kb mp3
taped, remastered, and uploaded by Monte Barry

total running time for this item is 52:02
this item is hosted by The Internet Archive

The canyons of Colorado's front range are flooded out. The towns and cities along the Front Range were flooded over and over by this week-long rainstorm. Planet Bluegrass in Lyons, Colorado was flooded. Meanwhile, there is tremendous flooding in eastern Colorado. It is very bad.

I also taped and uploaded a one-minute movie clip of the Poudre River flow at the spillway by College Avenue in Fort Collins while the bridge there was closed two days ago:

- clip of Poudre River flow at College Ave - Quicktime Movie format
- clip of Poudre River flow at College Ave - MP4 video format

Fort Collins appears to have "dodged a bullet" for now, but it's raining again today. It looks pretty bad!

Weather Underground screen capture image of Cheyenne, Wyoming Radar - noon, Sept 15, 2013

Yesterday I rode my bicycle through mud and debris along the Poudre River Trail, after the flood levels had subsided a bit. I rode from downtown Fort Collins out to Bellvue while most or all of the bridges over the Poudre River were closed. I made it to the roadblock by the National Guard.

Monte on Patrol in Bellvue on Aug 6, 2013
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 02:30:23 PM by 420Sugaree » IP address Logged

Turn on your Lovelight... and leave it ON!
420Sugaree
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

shake it, shake it, Sugaree

URL icon « Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 09:41:58 AM »

This audio was updated with the first Press Conference by Gov Hickenlooper, Colorado's U.S. Congressional delegation, and Colorado's Nat'l Guard commander...
IP address Logged

Turn on your Lovelight... and leave it ON!
Pages: [1] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC