Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 07:36:30 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Improvements at Planet Bluegrass Festival Grounds
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Improvements at Planet Bluegrass Festival Grounds  (Read 23828 times)
Pete
Small Member

Festivation rating 115

URL icon « on: July 30, 2013, 08:57:05 AM »

I was at Planet Bluegrass this last week for 8 days attending the academy and festival.  I had a killer time but I do believe there are a few infrastructure issues that need to be addressed. 

1) The bathhouse needs to be scrapped and rebuilt.  It is a mess.  The toilet stalls are to small, the sink area is always a moth broth, the urinal is awful, not enough shower stalls and just overall tacky and poorly taken care of.

2) MORE PORTA POTTYS. The lines were stupid during the festival.  Come on.

3) The shuttle to the parking at Bon either was sporadic or nonexistent. 

These are all no brainers which seem to have been taken care of at Telluride.  All the events seem to sell out so lets see some investment.  All the flagstone is super but it fails to address the basic sanitary needs during the festival.  The bathhouse was barely able to keep up with the academy folks.    huh huh huh huh 
thanks for listening,  Pete Langford

Now Playing icon Listening to: Lake Street Dive
IP address Logged
ebb01
Small Member

Festivation rating 20

URL icon « Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 09:39:25 AM »

Have to agree with the bus issue.  My recollection from prior years (was only there 1 day last year) was that there were two buses going back and forth.  This year, all three days, there was only one.  While its not a long walk to Bohn from PB, those with young children and disabilities should not have to make that choice.  This certainly would have been a huge issue if it rained as much as predicted.

More importantly, while we were walking, each bus we saw was crammed with folks standing, which to me, is just downright dangerous, and probably also slowed up the one bus that was circling. PB ought to deal with this as a safety issue.

P.S.- If one bus is going to be the way of the future, its to be expected that more people will try and park on the streets closer to PB.  This is bound to create problems with the town.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 09:41:39 AM by ebb01 » IP address Logged
Linds
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 08:45:01 PM »

When I tried to ride the shuttle on Friday, it was stuck at one of the red lights that wouldn't change, so that could have been part of the problem that day.  I did notice that it didn't come around that often, though.
IP address Logged
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

3 chord's and a story that's me

URL icon « Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 09:39:17 AM »

Wave I would have to say here that just the fact that there IS a shower is outstanding Flower
I mean camping and a shower, who ever heard of such a thing.  huh
Running water while camping is a grace not a givin. huh SLAY this day lil campers and remember PBG grounds are off the charts. Improvments and mainteance are on ongoing thing and at times hard to keep up with. I know this first hand. I am sure PBG welcomes your feedback but let us remember this Ranch is just that, a beautiful small ranch that hosts a few times a year. Not a huge field without trees and portapotties lined up fpr days and days. I would rather stand in line for a longer period then have outhouses lined up all the way around this beautiful place and a cool shower is better then no shower folks. Medal
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 09:41:35 AM by landshark » IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
Dev11
Kinda digging this festival thing...

Festivation rating 25

URL icon « Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 03:39:53 PM »

I heard that one of the buses was broken or was having issues for much of the weekend.  I ended up walking to the parking lot once or twice.

Now Playing icon Listening to: Grateful Dead
IP address Logged
BluegrassDustin
Administrator
...is kind of a big deal

Festivation rating 420

Living Life With Delusions Of Banjur

URL icon « Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 04:07:21 PM »

For the record, we had some major bus issues during RockyGrass that were beyond our control.

We even switched companies mid-festival to try and remedy the issue. Given the fact that the issues arose on Thursday, finding a suitable replacement (that wasn't booked for Red Rocks or another event) was difficult to say the least.

Hopefully the years of satisfactory shuttling services we provide can buy us a little grace for this year. Obviously we will be doing everything in our power to avoid a repeat next year.

The other feedback is certainly noted and, as always, appreciated.

Cheers

D.
IP address Logged

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those
who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Seuss

"An intellectual snob is someone who can listen to the William Tell Overture and not think of The Lone Ranger."   -Dan Rather
ebb01
Small Member

Festivation rating 20

URL icon « Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 05:17:06 PM »

For the record, we had some major bus issues during RockyGrass that were beyond our control.

We even switched companies mid-festival to try and remedy the issue. Given the fact that the issues arose on Thursday, finding a suitable replacement (that wasn't booked for Red Rocks or another event) was difficult to say the least.

Hopefully the years of satisfactory shuttling services we provide can buy us a little grace for this year. Obviously we will be doing everything in our power to avoid a repeat next year.

The other feedback is certainly noted and, as always, appreciated.

Cheers

D.

That's certainly fair and understandable.  It did seem odd that this might be the new status quo.  In any event, it would seem in this case or other unanticipated future issues, that given all the hodgepodge of announcements from the stage, that something should have been said to allow folks to alter their plans if necessary.  Otherwise, a great event as always!
IP address Logged
kathryn

Festivation rating 0

URL icon « Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 10:53:35 AM »

During the Folks Festival this weekend, my family used the shuttle buses quite a lot.  I was happy with the short waits each time.  They seemed to have coordinated well with each other (keeping in touch by radio.)

COMPLAINT:  Smokers!!!  I request that it be clearly and regularly announced that there is a smokers' tent for that purpose.  Each evening, we had to breathe cigarette smoke (I'm complaining about tobacco) from a nearby smoker in the crowd.  Could there be more signage??   Frown

That is my only complaint.  I think Planet Bluegrass folks do a wonderful job of running these festivals!

IP address Logged
The Jackson 4
Kinda digging this festival thing...

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #8 on: August 27, 2013, 05:42:53 PM »

We didn't make it to TBF this year, so maybe this has already been taken care of.  I think some simple solar powered lights in the portapotties would be very helpful.

Now Playing icon Listening to: Phish
IP address Logged

Do you have room in your heart for the five string banjo? It's rououound.
pmeneley
Wondering when Small Member status will be achieved.

Festivation rating 23

URL icon « Reply #9 on: September 22, 2013, 08:40:43 PM »

Ironically, this seems to fall in the "be careful what you ask for" department. That substandard bath house is washed away now.
IP address Logged
Pages: [1] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC