Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 01:35:30 PM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  A Few Words on Smiting
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: A Few Words on Smiting  (Read 7193 times)
pickingood
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

SO Much Bluegrass...

URL icon « on: April 16, 2012, 01:02:38 AM »

Haters love to hate, apparently.  Whoever the individual is who continues to take my rating score down from 420 by a hundred or two hundred points in one sitting daily, it's getting old.  Not sure what you're trying to prove or what you're so upset about; how could I know?  Communicating clearly about a topic or issue that's troubling a forum user is not that hard to do.  It's probably the second easiest thing to do here in such a situation; the easiest thing to do of course is to 'Smite.' 

I welcome hearing whatever's on your mind, in a public post or via PM.  But I'm getting pretty bored of logging on to find that my rating is down in the 200's for no apparent reason at all beyond one forum user's anonymous spite.  You know, a certain amount of responsibility comes with using things like a public forum- especially one as welcoming and friendly as this community forum- and unfortunately, abuse of the Smite button like this is something that can happen.  How about you grow up a bit, stop acting like a teenager, and communicate what's on your mind like a real member of the community?  Or at the very least, quit with the childish clicking on the Smite button 200 times in one sitting (?!).  Doesn't your mouse finger hurt?  Thanks very much.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 02:10:55 AM by pickingood » IP address Logged

You can manifest all the tickets you need thru a positive outlook- there are plenty to go around!
Rob_from_Ohio
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 06:24:40 AM »

And while we're at it folks, let's not continue to "applaud" people once the much coveted 420 status has been reached.  It's nice to know that people argree with me (sometimes) but I really don't want to have a 479 rating.  420 is high enough (pun intended).

Have a great day and best of luck to everyone on Tuesday as the quest for Nightgrass tix continues!

Cheers
IP address Logged
Pirate Looks at --
Old Timer

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 06:40:31 AM »

I know I lay awake nights concerned about my festivation rating! huh Pirate
IP address Logged

"A Pirate Looks at --"
swander99
Old Timer

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 12:25:17 PM »

420 is high enough (pun intended).

Cheers

Not really, RfO, not until I'm 8000' higher than I am today.  Wink
 Cheers

Now Playing icon Listening to: wdvx online in heart(flat)land office
IP address Logged

HEEN!
Auntie Hope
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 03:15:27 PM »

I'm going to back pickingood on this one. If you have a problem with someone on this forum (who is a member in good standing with the rest of the community) please state you opinion and move on from there. No need to act childish with the smite button.

Auntie Hope  :festivarian2 :green
IP address Logged

InFleckIt! at Hippo Campus
The Jackson 4
Kinda digging this festival thing...

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 12:07:08 AM »

Is the smite button really needed? huh

Now Playing icon Listening to: my wife
IP address Logged

Do you have room in your heart for the five string banjo? It's rououound.
The Goat
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

Relax, Nothing is under control.

URL icon « Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 10:32:06 AM »

On a slight tangent, I'm a computer programmer.

I was on a project one time and I built an application to allow folks to see a visual representation of the data  contained in a very large file we worked with.

It took 3-5 seconds to render the graphic. As all modern day web-surfers know, 3-5 seconds can feel like an eternity.

One user was a very impatient fellow programmer who would sit and click other buttons on the app while he was waiting.

Sometimes "bad things" would come of his aberrant button-clickage.

However, there was enough 'real estate' on the panel, so I added another button labelled "Serenity Now."

The "Serenity Now" button did nothing, no matter how many times you clicked it. And even though he knew it did nothing, he would sit and merrily click that button while waiting for the graphic to render.

Win, win.

Maybe we should change the "Smite" button to a "Serenity Now" button and prevent it from actually doing anything.

Now Playing icon Listening to: my daughter complain about having to go out and feed the chickens.
IP address Logged

You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
Dewstar
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Come One, Come All, Its FESTIVATION Time!

URL icon « Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 01:03:12 PM »

I know I lay awake nights concerned about my festivation rating! huh Pirate

Oh mee too!
IP address Logged

Dewstar PHX Running for Mayor of Warner Field!
Pages: [1] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC