Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 02:45:20 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Telluride Bluegrass Festival (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Run a Muck - Check in
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Run a Muck - Check in  (Read 46893 times)
Cody
Wondering when Small Member status will be achieved.

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #15 on: July 01, 2007, 03:37:54 PM »

Wave Like Connie Said we made it back in about ten hours. Id like to say that was the best dang Festival/Gathering/Party Thingy iv ever been to. Wanted to thank AJ and Connie for bringing me. And in no particular order Ron, Carolyn, Eric, Michell, Hippie Jerry, Unseen Bean Jerry, Daniel, T.Tom The Grand Mayor of Town Park, Ma and Pa, Byron, Luanna, Miss Courtness aka Courtny, Hooch, Daniella, Sam, Samantha, Tom, Sarah, Santo, Talon, Spoota!!, PRIMITIVE MAN, Mimi, Ken, Kenny, Hurricane M., Adam, Hope, Anne aka Semi charmed, David, Teressa, Bolder Dave, Evil James, Joey, Rand, Dwain, Gary, Pete, Timmy, Rich, Rick, Kerri, Pirate Larry, Captain Carlos. The list goes on. But at the moment the little duders brain doesnt  LOL
      Your Friend, Chris

Now Playing icon Listening to: Best of Lenard Cohen
IP address Logged
semicharmed314
Small Member

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #16 on: July 01, 2007, 04:48:29 PM »

Hi everyone,
Checking in after not checking the forum for a few days. Hope and I arrived back at my house around 10:30pm Monday, unpacked my car, re-packed hers, and the next morning I was off to work, and Hope was off to her new life in Wisconsin. Fortunately I like my job and it has kept me very busy, but all the while planning for and holding onto going to RockyGrass and seeing Karlos, Hooch, and Daniella again, and Erndog as well. Another taste of the good life!
I am also in decompression mode. Made a wreck of my house while packing and moreso while unpacking. I have been listening to the CDs I brought home with me (Stringdusters, Crooked Still, Sam Bush, and the fabulous CD Punchy gave me of homegrown South Carolina bluegrass) almost non-stop.
I miss you all, new friends and old. What a memorable experience. It's hard to not be able to talk (or at least explain) to my good friends here in Denver what transpired. I just kind of smile, and say I have lots of pics to show you. They'll never know until I can talk them into coming some time!  Wink
Many of you asked me about where semicharmed came from, and here's a perfect example: I was on my way to an appointment for work on Wednesday morning, and while getting off the freeway and looking left for traffic while moving right to merge on the street, I rear-ended someone in a big ol' (and old) Ford F250 with a hitch. I could see my hood was very bowed upward and thought oh no, my '95 Accord is totaled - it wouldn't take much damage for it not to be worth fixing. I followed him onto the first side street, stopped and then sat with my hands over my face, afraid to get out and look. I can't afford another car right now.
This wonderful man came up to my window and said "It's ok, you can look, it's not that bad! This is my work truck and you barely scratched me! I'm more worried about you!" And sure enough, the damage to his truck was nil, and the damage to my car was minimal, my hood was dented and very bowed and wouldn't latch, which my neighbor helped me fix that night. To wit: even when bad stuff happens to me, it seems it usually has a good side. Thus: semicharmed  Flower I think it was also Festival-love that carried over and kept me safe that morning.
Thank you to everyone who shared a part of those 10 days with me, you all made it special in some way. You all have an open invitation to visit Denver and crash on my extra bed. I think that Hope can attest it's not bad for a pull-out! I don't think I can afford Hardly Strictly this year but I hope I see you all next year at Festival. I'm holding on to that hope too :)
All the best,
Zee semicharmed one
IP address Logged

It'll turn up.
Cody
Wondering when Small Member status will be achieved.

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #17 on: July 01, 2007, 06:36:56 PM »

[Spoogie, aka Cody aka Chris, the local wood nymph gone bad, and you play the banjo? mando?

Really i play the Guitar first, Banjo second, Mando Third i just picked it up  Thumbs Up
IP address Logged
Hooch
...is kind of a big deal

Festivation rating 420

Freak Of The Rainbow Pork Lover

URL icon « Reply #18 on: July 01, 2007, 08:03:59 PM »

I've spent the last week decompressing too.  This weekend I finished putting everything away and cleaning up from the festival.  Tonight I finally removed my wrist band, shaved off the semi-beard, and unpainted my toenails.  Hell, you spend a year waiting, months planning, and weeks packing so you can't possibly undo all that in just a couple days,  right?  I think Planet Bluegrass should employ counselors to help us deal with Post-Festival Depression and to help us to re-integrate back into society after each festival. 

I just want to reiterate again how great it was to meet everyone:

Kaptain Karlos and Hippie Jerry were great headstones to Run-A-Muck, and damn you Jerry...you've ruined me for life with your Captain Morgan and Coffee!!! 

Auntie Hope went to great lengths to pull off a superior practical joke that did not quite go as planned.  Your efforts did not go unnoticed nor unappreciated, Hope.  And a little red hippo has been added to the music memorabilia decor of my humble home.  And thanks for smacking me square in the groin with one of those things!

AJ and Chris/Cody: Thanks for the generosity as well as the entertainment of watching the "Volcano" in action.  And who would have thought that a magnifying glass and the sun could be used for anything more than burning leaves and ants when we were kids?   

To Ron: Thanks for being the first one to stick a home brew in my hand when Daniela and I showed up the first night.  And the mead was exquisite.  And...ahem...thanks for the hugs.

Telluride Tom:  Thank you for taking the time to give Daniela and I a pre-festival Town Park tour as well as for all your time planning and organizing this board and the pre-fest events.  And...nice hat!  Do I still owe you a beer?  I think I do. 

To all the Run-A-Muck girls:  Woo Woo!!!  Shake it, Baby!!

Courtney: Thanks for the great patches.  You missed my toes!

LuAnna: Thank you for the button.  Now I shall never forget my fake name...no matter how many shots of tequila I do.

Sam Bush: Thanks for taking a stroll down Main Street on Monday afternoon and being one of the last sights we saw as we rolled out of town.

Duktape Man: I would have bet anything that you could not have gotten 4 people into that sleeping bag!  You crazy guy! 

And to everyone: I know I don't need to say it, but thank you for making the Sam's feel welcome.  They really had a lot of faith in us to make the long pilgrimage from jolly old England based on our incessant peer pressure.  And I know they left with much more than they expected to receive. 

I'm sure I've missed dozens of other "Thank You"s but I can always go back and edit more in later.  For now I'll post it and re-visit it as needed.

IP address Logged

"There is nothing in the universe more exciting than a piece of bacon."

-Dan Phillips
Auntie Hope
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #19 on: July 11, 2007, 10:17:11 PM »

I'm in Charlotte, NC and have landed safely!
I spent the week of July 4th with friends in Wisconsin, did a small tour of Iowa (huh?) and headed back East again (where the gas is cheaper and the gas mileage is better).

Catching up on my sleep, catching up with old friends and hope to catch up with new friends from Telluride very soon. Totally jealous of everyone headed to Rockygrass and after speaking with Christie after High Sierra, I'll have to agree, Planet Bluegrass does it the BEST!

So many thanks to get to, and that will happen in days to come, but just wanted to send out a heartfelt THANKS to Anne (semicharmed314) for the pep-talk before I left Florida and taking over the driving when I arrived at her place. It was a much needed break after four days on the road to Denver, and then again after 10 days in Telluride back to Denver. I will also take this moment to attest to the comfort of Anne's pull-out extra bed because it is VERY comfortable!!! Great pillows too!  Thumbs Up You're the BEST ANNE!  Medal Hoping we can do it again, if not soon then next year for sure!

Oh, and for the record....

Run-A-Muck Rocks Telluride Bluegrass Like No Other Camp In Town Park!!!

Love You and Miss You ALL Very, Very Much!
Auntie Hope

(The pictures will be shared as soon as I find the cord for the camera. It seems to be burried in some deep dark place in the car!)

IP address Logged

InFleckIt! at Hippo Campus
Daniela
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 140

"Dainty Flower"

URL icon « Reply #20 on: July 13, 2007, 11:35:17 AM »

Just sitting here in my cube, basking in the glow of love for my love muffins from Run-A-Muck.  Thanks for the memories eternal.    Love Love Love Love
IP address Logged

Can we leave RIGHT NOW??
Ron N Deb
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #21 on: July 14, 2007, 09:43:41 PM »

Ok Kids

The Decomp has been hard to say the least everytime i open this page i just cry
but moving on ...Ive had phone calls from most of you
Deb and I spent the day Canning pickles and garlic
To all the EX Virgins .........Damn yall was Good...TY...as I enjoy a smoke
you know after this last year ... I dont see how the hell we are gonna top it ,
BUT Im sure we will..To All our Brothers and Sisters , We Love You and Thank you for
a Great Festy 
IP address Logged

Peace N Love
Ron N Deb
Ron N Deb
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #22 on: July 14, 2007, 09:49:19 PM »

wait ment to post this for Connie
IP address Logged

Peace N Love
Ron N Deb
connielv
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Denvers finest playing guess my weight

URL icon « Reply #23 on: July 14, 2007, 11:23:30 PM »

Medal   A gold medal for you sir!   with love!!!!

THANKS!!!!!!!   I LOVE ALL OF YOU!!!    I just had to shout that out!

Slayer out!
IP address Logged

I'm faster than a greased monkey strapped to a bullet train.......-Carl Edwards (99)
arcticdesertnomad
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 111

Just chillin'

URL icon « Reply #24 on: July 15, 2007, 08:46:30 AM »

You know Cody, I've been trying to figure out who your avatar picture reminds me of and it just came to me.  You could be a double for Smeagol from the Lord of the Rings back before he was corrupted by the ring and became Gollum.  I can see you in a boat fishing with your buddy with that straw hat on.

But if you start muttering "my prrreciousss", I'm gonna get creeped out!
IP address Logged

In praise or lamentation
In peace or desperation
Any way I do, I come into
The presence of the Lord.

-Tracy Grammer
Cindy Lou
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #25 on: July 16, 2007, 12:39:00 PM »

Wave I'm quoting Hippie Jerry here folks:
"Thank you to one and all for making this the best TBF experience I've had to date." Clap

And that's out of 32 festivals! Everyone there made me feel right at home and so very welcome, I can't tell you how much it meant to this old timer to be included.  My old pals don't know what they're missin'!
Can't wait to see ya'll in October in SF.

Peace n Love

Cindy Lou
 Wave
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 04:40:12 PM by Cindy Lou » IP address Logged

"The most important thing is to find out what is the most important thing. "  (Shunryu Suzuki)
Punchy
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

FESTIVAAAAAAL!!!!!

URL icon « Reply #26 on: July 17, 2007, 01:35:08 PM »

... (Stringdusters, Crooked Still, Sam Bush, and the fabulous CD Punchy gave me of homegrown South Carolina bluegrass) almost non-stop...

All the best,
Zee semicharmed one

I'm glad you are enjoying the cd...just so you know and to not offend my friends, it is homegrown North Carolina bluegrass.

If anyone else is interested in hearing some of this fine music send me a PM...my friends are more than happy to have their music shared this way!!!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 01:37:23 PM by Punchy » IP address Logged

"I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”

They are my friends because ... I forget ... they're just my friends.
semicharmed314
Small Member

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #27 on: July 24, 2007, 07:32:40 PM »

I just saw this - you are so welcome Auntie Hope!

I'm in Charlotte, NC and have landed safely!
I spent the week of July 4th with friends in Wisconsin, did a small tour of Iowa (huh?) and headed back East again (where the gas is cheaper and the gas mileage is better).

Catching up on my sleep, catching up with old friends and hope to catch up with new friends from Telluride very soon. Totally jealous of everyone headed to Rockygrass and after speaking with Christie after High Sierra, I'll have to agree, Planet Bluegrass does it the BEST!

So many thanks to get to, and that will happen in days to come, but just wanted to send out a heartfelt THANKS to Anne (semicharmed314) for the pep-talk before I left Florida and taking over the driving when I arrived at her place. It was a much needed break after four days on the road to Denver, and then again after 10 days in Telluride back to Denver. I will also take this moment to attest to the comfort of Anne's pull-out extra bed because it is VERY comfortable!!! Great pillows too!  Thumbs Up You're the BEST ANNE!  Medal Hoping we can do it again, if not soon then next year for sure!

Oh, and for the record....

Run-A-Muck Rocks Telluride Bluegrass Like No Other Camp In Town Park!!!

Love You and Miss You ALL Very, Very Much!
Auntie Hope

(The pictures will be shared as soon as I find the cord for the camera. It seems to be burried in some deep dark place in the car!)

IP address Logged

It'll turn up.
semicharmed314
Small Member

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #28 on: July 24, 2007, 07:38:57 PM »

Gack! So sorry!

... (Stringdusters, Crooked Still, Sam Bush, and the fabulous CD Punchy gave me of homegrown South Carolina bluegrass) almost non-stop...

All the best,
Zee semicharmed one

I'm glad you are enjoying the cd...just so you know and to not offend my friends, it is homegrown North Carolina bluegrass.

If anyone else is interested in hearing some of this fine music send me a PM...my friends are more than happy to have their music shared this way!!!
IP address Logged

It'll turn up.
arcticdesertnomad
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 111

Just chillin'

URL icon « Reply #29 on: July 28, 2007, 08:35:30 PM »

Well, I have finally made it to the end of my journey and I am spending my first night in my own apartment in Omaha.  I didn't know how the rest of my trip after Telluride was possibly going to match a week of great music and wonderful new friends, but little did I know that I was going to meet a wonderful lady in Albuquerque and spend 3 awesome days with her at the Grand Canyon...how's that for a first date?  Then I had the chance to catch up with an old friend in North Carolina as well as hook up with Auntie Hope and Punchy for lunch while I was there.  I was finally able to tie up a loose end with my ex and put that ghost to rest in a proper fashion.  Then I spent the last few days in Kansas City where my new lady friend was in town for a business trip.  All in all, I'd have to say that this has been one kick ass summer.  Now I have a few days to start to decompress before heading back to work on the 1st.

The Nomad has landed.
IP address Logged

In praise or lamentation
In peace or desperation
Any way I do, I come into
The presence of the Lord.

-Tracy Grammer
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC